PIDs made easy video...

flyboy

PIDs made easy video...

Post by flyboy »

I just posted a PIDs made easy video. I tried to make it super easy to understand in a different way. Let me know if I made any glaring errors and comments are welcome.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/ZJzF6s0a0Gs

Kbev5709

Re: PIDs made easy video...

Post by Kbev5709 »

Very nice analogy.
I would say it might not apply to PIDs other than the global ones.

For example, the I parameter in the Alt PID actually deals with battery drain more than something related to maneuvering. In the Alt PIDs it is the D parameter that induces if set too high, deviations like you attribute to the P parameter (rightly so) in your video and actually, in this PID category the P parameter can also induce the same deviations as the D parameter. The Mag P controller is just that, a P parameter that is the only adjustment for the mag. When it comes to the Pos PI controller, used with GPS, the P parameter controls how quick the FC reaches the desired location and the I parameter is used to accommodate for wind conditions and how well the craft will hold in wind. Then you have the other two, also GPS related, Pos Rate and Nav Rate which are also slightly different in what they do from the global PIDs.

So, the only problems I can see with your presentation is the lack of discussion on PIDs other than the global flight controls.

Nice job and professional looking production.

flyboy

Re: PIDs made easy video...

Post by flyboy »

Great feedback. I see another presentation coming soon. :-)

Thanks!