successful first build

BirdShredder

successful first build

Post by BirdShredder »

Showing my first quad. First in a sense I never build one and never flown one. It continues to be a great learning experience. It is actually the 3th iteration of the same craft. 1st never flew, 2nd flew but was very fragile was very nervous. 3th has a beefy frame and flies like a dream. It will keep me entertained for quite some time.

First some pictures
Old beat up frame on which I learned flying. It served me well. Build from 10x10mm aluminum U-beams. In the front the new frame in progress. 15x15 square beams. MUCH stiffer.

Done. Suprisingly not much havier than the old version 1166 gram

Now Trying to lift as much cartons of milk as possible. It could get a 2 kg payload of the ground (total weight 3.0 kg). With 1.5 kg payload I could hover at 1m altitude (indoors) without problem.

BOM

So that is around 120 Euro for dedicated hardware, about 60 for reusable goods (charger etc). Throw in another 60 to account for shipping cost, customs bills, broken props.
All in all for my very first quad a pretty awesome machine. I'm extremely happy and thrilled. Can't wait to hook a small camcorder to the frame.