KV FPV

Autonym

Re: KV FPV

Post by Autonym »

Kataventos,

That is One. Sexy. Tri.

Very nice design, awesome build quality! I like the dual batteries, and the overall look.

How well is is balanced?

scrat

Post by scrat »

kataventos wrote:
scrat wrote:I see you have 5db amtemma on your Tx. Are you using FrSky and did this antenna increased your range?

Hi Scrat,

sorry for he late reply, lot´s of projects and hard work these days.

I would like to answer your question by making a full description with differences between both antennas, but in truth I can only say that my range is near 2.5km with the 5db (on the pic) because I never used the original one... :roll: Note that this range is possible using double dipole on the RX and not the "wires" you see on the pic with this new under testing gadget (RX original).

Hope this help you somehow.

Cheers,
-KV

Thanks.

2.5km with 5db is ok for me. I'm waiting this antenna...it is on slow boat from china :(

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Autonym wrote:Kataventos,

That is One. Sexy. Tri.

Very nice design, awesome build quality! I like the dual batteries, and the overall look.

How well is is balanced?

Hi Autonym,

thank you for your kind words.
Well, in fact regarding your question I must say that it is well balanced, but provides no good flying capabilities as a Y4 on windy days.
I reached maximum PID adjustment for it without the rock solid and yaw authority success I expected to find.

Tests will continue as a Y6 as soon as I got the new motors.

Cheers,
-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

I am very proud and excited to present here in first hand my new Open Source Project :mrgreen:
All information about it will be be presented on RCG´s as soon as I finish it.

I would like to show you all my new "Stealth" Multirotor designed from scratch and already tested with the most awesome results, much more then I ever imagined it... no Radar testing yet :ugeek: .

It´s name "Squid" (KVTAIL_v1 for code name) is a VTail Quad and I must say that is my pride because I never piloted nothing like it, PID´S adjustment were made at home yesterday and today morning I made the maiden flight. In truth I got myself immediately :mrgreen: once I put it up in the air even on a windy day like today!

No more words for now, first tests were performed under adverse conditions but demonstrated a rock solid, precise, obedient, powerful and sexy ;) piece of "engineering" up in the air... I know what you are thinking now... ( :!: cut the crap KV and go on... show me that stuff up in the air for real...) OK :lol: videos will follow soon! (maybe tomorrow if the weather permits) mean time I let you all these pics so you can get the idea of what I am talking about.

You can see more about this project here: http://code.google.com/p/kv-open-frames/ and you are welcome to participate on the Forum/Discuss. Also I will be accepting Pre Orders of this frame/others as soon as the presentation/demonstration is done (on RCG´s Forum) cut on Phenolic Composite Fiber (actual Prototype), Fiber Glass and Carbon Fiber, the price will depend on the materials! For the ones that have a Professional CNC at home just cut it and enjoy as soon as it is available on the downloads section (please read carefully about unfinished draws on the main project page and welcome message on the forum).

Have an awesome weekend, lot´s of fun and don´t forget... fly hard but safe :mrgreen:

Cheers,
-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

OK :mrgreen:

QUOTED THE VIDEO DESCRIPTION ON YOUTUBE
"this is an unofficial sneak video to the new FPV Squid prototype. It was recorded during the first day of tests and all I can say at this moment on a short description is that "she" is an airship designed from scratch to be used by pilots who want to have full domain/authority in flight with a powerful and sexy machine. This project have been on my head for a long time and it was meticulous designed from scratch by me and my friend Alkopter.
We will be soon ready to accept pre orders for it on a fully Carbon Fiber release... stay tuned for the presentation on RCG Forum, coming soon!

Have lot´s of fun, fly hard but safe.
Cheers,
-KV

PS: Thanks to Faísca who recorded this "sneak over my shoulder"!

-JDrones v2 OSD (KV Team OSD Software);
-EMP 1120kv motors;
-9x4.7 Carbon Fiber Gemfan Props;
-RCTimer 20Amps ESC´s (SimonK Firmware);
-Crius AIO PRO FC Board (Multiwii);
-Crius GPS;
-2X 2200mah 3s Turnigy batteries
-Boscam HD19 Explorer FPV camera (on board recording)
-Boscam 5.8ghz 200mw video TX (E Band 5885mhz channel 5);
-CL and SPW Antennas made using the KV antenna Jig for perfect frequency match;
-FRSky 2.4Ghz RX (D8R-II_Plus flashed and using CPPM 27ms Firmware);
-Turnigy 9X TX fully moded using ER9X (Multiwii code patched for full compatibility with FRSKY telemetry)."

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Just a Teaser... :mrgreen:

Squid is still in progress for production!

Cheers,
-KV

T-Bob

Post by T-Bob »

Kataventos;

Hello. I use your osd and I just got a new mega v3 from witespy and I use frsky's silver 8ch rx the one that ends with -xp I forget the exact name. I have been looking for this patch to allow frsky telemetry integration and I have had bad luck finding it. I've tried numerous search strings. I registered with the forum just so I could ask you if you have a link or can give me some advice for finding this information. And I wanted to ask if this would allow me to input rssi into the fc and forgo soldering the resistor wire thing to the osd itself.

I hate to be the guy to ask for help doing a forum search but what I am finding seems to be old info. Could you help me out with just a clue to where I should look?

That squid looks awesome by the way.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi T-Bob,

welcome and forgive me for late reply, I have been away from home.
I can help you but the best is for you to check this topic here, this is the last page but you can find all info if you have the patience to read about it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1929&start=190

I have "my own code" regarding FRSky telemetry and I also build my hardware (inverter/level converter). When I change MWii version always have to port it because this have never been official.
Yes, you can use the RSSI from your RX to the FCB using a tiny RCFilter, I also have posted some times about the filter and one of them a few days ago here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=770

Have fun here with us.

Cheers,
-KV

PS: thanks for your kind words ;)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

because I am addicted to MWii only, I put all my stuff here :lol:

This video have nothing fancy, just to show good range with AV DIY (TX/RX) modules using CL and SPW antennas made with the Jig.
Made this video for the JIG topic on RCG´s in August 2013 but somehow forgot to upload it on YouTube... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
-KV

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Nice project, missing the plan for The Sohal tho

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hey Gimbal,

thanks, what do you mean missing? I do not understand...

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Sorry will clarify, on this https://code.google.com/p/kv-open-frames/ OP Downloads there are The Squid but not The Sohal, it's not critical but would be nice to mil out on my cnc router, btw i like your fpv project ;-)
Regard's Anders

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Ahh OK.
the draws are there, you need to make a clone on your PC or to download a zip file ;) They were not packaged and released but they are present on the repo, I have been working on the OSD so, no update on this project for some time.

Also will be presenting the SQUID soon... ("lot´s" of projects and just a few available time at the moment :( )