Multiwii 2.1 crash

PhilipFlop

Multiwii 2.1 crash

Post by PhilipFlop »

This is my first post on the forum, I only joined 2 days ago I should have done so months ago. I just wanted to get in the air. I was wondering if it were possible to diagnose a problem after a crash using the data still on EEPROM ? I also saved a file of the working config because I was using Multiwii 2.1.
I spent a long time on the GAUI 330X-S simulator before my flight which I thought went well. I had a 4 channel Tx so I checked all the boxes in aux1 in multiwiiconfig so I could fly in ACC mode which seemed to work.
Well the following day out I went all fired up and feeling pretty pleased with myself for getting this far on my own. After about a minute in to the flight I lost Tx completely, the motors went nuts and the quad went all over the place into the distance.
Anyway here`s video, Please help. :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOT7hKEn ... ture=g-upl
Attachments
My beautiful low budget Quad
My beautiful low budget Quad

kataventos

Re: Multiwii 2.1 crash

Post by kataventos »

First bad experience, don´t worry... I had to a roof build many years ago, with a Gas plane! The build was bigger than yours and found it after two hours 1,5km away from the flying field 8-)

What radio are you using? Some old receivers 35, 40Mhz etc, do not let the FC go into failsafe, if you ever activated faisafe on the MWC.
For what I can see your antenna was between your quad arms in triangle shape... that is not good... With your ESC´s and motors magnetic field your range is less than "100 meters". You should always range check on the ground with motors on (need a friend for this), when you are flying for the first time or if you changed something on it.

Pilots who are using Mhz on drones have their RX antenna wire all straight up. With a good Mhz radio you can have more power than with a Ghz but if you are not going far away and between trees or buildings I recommend a Ghz radio for more "locked in" piloting, this way you will have not even glitches at all, and you can still fly far far away ;).

doughboy

Re: Multiwii 2.1 crash

Post by doughboy »

sorry to see that. it is possible the rx may have gotten out of range and FC went into failsafe. I assume you enabled failsafe. I think there was a bug in failsafe code in 2.1 that is fixed in dev branch, but I think it is for getting out of failsafe once rx recovers If you did not change the failsafe throttle value, the failsafe throttle may be too low for it to descend slowly. I think the default failsafe throttle is min throttle + 200. You should set it to a value where the quad will descend slowly. test by flying low and then turn off tx.