Rushduino OSD - Multiwii based open software osd

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
carlonb

Re: Rushduino OSD - Multiwii based open software osd

Post by carlonb »

I wish Jean to be better soon and thanks to him that startet this project.
Bye
Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Bledi wrote:OK I had some news of Jean Gab. I can't explain you but for the moment he can't continu developpement and other.
I whish him to be better rapidly.

Thanks for all that are working on this OSD !

Hi Bledi,

you know... this is good news because I was imagining the worse
Give him a hug from me.

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

OK, Wise Man´s Day Dev as promised.

I speak in the name of this team, and I´m proud to say that Rush 2.1 is out and ready for download :mrgreen:

These are the changes since 2.0:

-Full Implementation of MinimOSD;
-Hide GPS related info when there is no fix;
-More realistic Climb rate arrows;
-Heading bug fixed;
-Configuration active help on config.h;
-Option to show heading as 0..359;
-Conversion of numbers and coordinates to a text string;
-Define for decimal point character;
-Auto statistics page after flight when disarmed;
-Throttle usage percentage.

In name of the Team ( KV _ ITAIN _ CARLONB _ POWER67 ) please enjoy.

Cheers

http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/

NOTE: To exit statistics page at the end of flight you have to: throttle middle and down again.

trailblazer

Post by trailblazer »

kataventos wrote:OK, Wise Man´s Day Dev as promised.

I speak in the name of this team, and I´m proud to say that Rush 2.1 is out and ready for download :mrgreen:

These are the changes since 2.0:

-Full Implementation of MinimOSD;
-Hide GPS related info when there is no fix;
-More realistic Climb rate arrows;
-Heading bug fixed;
-Configuration active help on config.h;
-Option to show heading as 0..359;
-Conversion of numbers and coordinates to a text string;
-Define for decimal point character;
-Auto statistics page after flight when disarmed;
-Throttle usage percentage.

In name of the Team ( KV _ ITAIN _ CARLONB _ POWER67 ) please enjoy.

Cheers

http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/

NOTE: To exit statistics page at the end of flight you have to: throttle middle and down again.

Great news :mrgreen: My TBS discovery quad build is nearly completed, so I will check out this fresh release. I´m really happy about the heading bugfix :)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

to generate less confusion with the implementation of the Minim OSD, I started a new topic for Minim related stuff here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918
so, if you are a Minim OSD user please subscribe and use the new topic from now on.

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Last OSD recorded flight with KV_2.0, next will be with 2.1 showing bug fixes and new features.

Thanks for watching, don´t forget to subscribe.
The most important is to download the SW and have fun :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/lkAXFUaCtMc

olex

Post by olex »

This seems to be exactly what I was looking for! And at a great price, too, much better than most standalone OSDs. Will definitely order a MinimOSD once I actually learn to fly my quad properly and start getting the FPV gear together.

A few questions: will this work without a GPS sensor? How much information will I lose, if it does? Obviously the speed and distance readouts, but will it be able to show altitude and climb rate from the BAR, and heading from MAG? And last but not least, what connections do I need on the FC - I currently use a Crius SE v0.2, it has a 6-pin FTDI and 4-pin TTL connectors, will those be enough?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

olex wrote:This seems to be exactly what I was looking for! And at a great price, too, much better than most standalone OSDs. Will definitely order a MinimOSD once I actually learn to fly my quad properly and start getting the FPV gear together.

A few questions: will this work without a GPS sensor? How much information will I lose, if it does? Obviously the speed and distance readouts, but will it be able to show altitude and climb rate from the BAR, and heading from MAG? And last but not least, what connections do I need on the FC - I currently use a Crius SE v0.2, it has a 6-pin FTDI and 4-pin TTL connectors, will those be enough?

Hi Olex,

-Every information is MWC dependent, If you don´t have Gps you will only lose related information.
-Absolutely, serial connection is what you need.

Count

Post by Count »

Hi,

perhaps someone can help me.
I flashed my Rushduino OSD V1.2 with the Rush_KV_2.1 firmware.
Everything went fine and I installed it on my copter.
After a short indoor testflight the video went blank and the LED on the Rushduino was dark.
I suspected a problem with the power supply.
The only connection to and from the rushduino were the serial cable from the Crius AIO Pro and camera/video TX. Camera is selfpowered, Video TX too.
The Rushduino was powered through the 5V line of the serial connection.
I connected the FTDI, no LED.
I connected the BEC of the Video TX to the 5V Pin of the ES connector and the LED lit up again.
The video link was working, but no OSD overlay was there.
After about 2min the Multiwii Logo came up, but nothing else happened for the next 5min and then I cut power.
Now there is only a video picture for a second after connecting the lipo and then darkness.
Any idea what is wrong here?

Thanks,

Count

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi Count,

sorry to hear that, I presume you have second version of that board! I think you have to change your capacitors... please search this topic (because I do not have time for that at this moment) some pages behind and look for people who had the same problem. They changed capacitors and everything went normal again.

Cheers,
KV

Count

Post by Count »

I thought the capacitor problem only caused a noisy image. Is this still the problem with the 1.2 version of the board?
Right now I have an OSD overlay again (changed nothing) and crystal clear, the OSD just seems to freeze now and then. Not something I would go flying with.
If I can salvage some capacitors anywhere I´ll try and change them.

Thanks

Count

krystal

Post by krystal »

Any one know how to calibrate barometer altitude from 137 meters on the ground to 0 ?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

krystal wrote:Any one know how to calibrate barometer altitude from 137 meters on the ground to 0 ?

Hi,

what altitude are you talking about and what firmware are you running on both, Multicopter and OSD?
There is no calibration, OSD will display only what FC sends if you are running KV Team firmware!

krystal

Post by krystal »

kataventos wrote:
krystal wrote:Any one know how to calibrate barometer altitude from 137 meters on the ground to 0 ?

Hi,

what altitude are you talking about and what firmware are you running on both, Multicopter and OSD?
There is no calibration, OSD will display only what FC sends if you are running KV Team firmware!

Im talking about altitude from Multiwii board. I've got 137m on the ground. I saw your video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JkmixV ... e=youtu.be
You have 0 meters on the ground. How you do that? Changes in multiwii code? How?
I've got Multiwii 2.1 minim OSD and newest software Rush_KV_2_1

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

you will not be able to have the same results you see on that video with MWc 2.1.
As you can see on main ino Created for Multiwii r1240 or higher, you need to update your MW version.

If you have a Minim OSD use this topic instead: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918#p28940

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi all,

just had this idea and posted it on MINIMOSD topic, so, posting it here too.

I will send to Liam (that take care of the wiki and documentation) all the information on how to edit properly the entire character map.

This way, everyone who want´s to spend some time around it, and creat new Logo will know what to do, and of course to help us to improve some chars. ;)

Everyone that have a good work on that matter can send me the mcm file, and we will eventually pack it with new releases

Good work to all.

Cheers,
KV

dramida

Post by dramida »

Hi, i saw a new OSD with a better Artificial Horizon and Home arrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqsGFCA8mU

How can we get such goodies?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

dramida wrote:Hi, i saw a new OSD with a better Artificial Horizon and Home arrow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqsGFCA8mU

How can we get such goodies?

Hi Dramida, I know you saw that Video because when I commented it you received that information!

This "new OSD" software is KV Team next dev without propper information of software source on it.

Like I said before you all need to wait a little more for official, stable and properly tested release, as soon as the entire Team agree that it is ready ;)

But as you know, this software is open source ( that is the thing I like more on this) and you can already use it at your own risc! And please do not ask for detailed instructions, that is being prepared at this moment by the Team member responsable for writing the most complete and understandable tutorials.

Anyway, for the most anxious ones 8-) here is the how to use it today :mrgreen:

1- Go to the official KV Team repository;
2- Download a zip file;
3- Upload the KV Team software as before;
4- Open GUI pde with Processing / read;
5- "Reset" EEPROM
6- Configure the OSD according your needs;
7- Write to EEPROM / enjoy ;)

Remember work is in progress!

Cheers,
KV
Last edited by kataventos on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

RITON B

Post by RITON B »

Hello
i have the 3d robotic minim osd (pink) to read the battery voltage on the screen do i have to solder the resistances as on the hobby king minomosd or the is an other way
thank you
RITON B

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

RITON B wrote:Hello
i have the 3d robotic minim osd (pink) to read the battery voltage on the screen do i have to solder the resistances as on the hobby king minomosd or the is an other way
thank you
RITON B

See this and use that topic for Minim OSD:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&p=30950#p30950

KasparsL

Post by KasparsL »

Do I need some other files to run KV_Team_OSD_GUI.pde with Processing? I need controlp5 library for sure, what else?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

KasparsL wrote:Do I need some other files to run KV_Team_OSD_GUI.pde with Processing? I need controlp5 library for sure, what else?

And the mcm file that is on MAX7456 update folder, copy it to the GUI Data folder.

power67

Post by power67 »

When the "Official Release" that contains the GUI is published, it will also contain an application of the GUI, much like what you are used to with mwconfig. This will be much easier to use then having to install processing and all the Dependant libraries.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

power67 wrote:When the "Official Release" that contains the GUI is published, it will also contain an application of the GUI, much like what you are used to with mwconfig. This will be much easier to use then having to install processing and all the Dependant libraries.

Of course Ross, forgot to say that!

The process posted before is for the most anxious ones that know what they are dealing with at this moment!
Do not expect it to work for everybody in every OS, and we will not give detailed instructions at this time like I said before!

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi all,

please check this link, you are welcome to participate!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... v-team-osd

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi all Rushduino users,

please follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=160#p31153

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi all,

If you would like to give us the pleasure to try our work :arrow: http://www.kvteamosd.com

Have fun!

1- upload the new Char map like before (do not use the one on GUI for now);
2- upload the Team dev (look at config.h, still are a few options left);
3- open GUI and your port, make a RESET;
4- configure it according your needs and save;
5- close port, done.

The Wiki already have crucial information about the GUI, to make possible for you to understand what to do once you´r there!

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Outstanding Work, Great Job.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi all,

this may help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egStpPl9 ... e=youtu.be thanks for watching!

Cheers,
KV

soko

Post by soko »

Hi all!

I am new to this interesting forum and I have a basic question.

I have successfully updated my software Minimosd with KV Team and works well.

But I have doubts about how I should connect the three components that make up my FPV system, GPS, Crius se and minimOSD.

I have this GPS and I do not know if it is compatible:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Very-Small-MT3339-PA6C-GPS-multiwii-multirotor-arduino-flight-controller-/271079582518?pt=FR_YO_MaisonJardin_Bricolage_ElectroniqueComposants&hash=item3f1d9a2b36

Greetings and thanks.
Attachments
components.jpg

power67

Post by power67 »

Soko,

Thank you for trying the KV_Team OSD software solutions.

I have almost the exact same components and have used them extensively for testing.

The main issue you will be faced with that type of Multiwii board is that it only has the ability to have one serial device. That will limit you to using the GPS or the OSD, not both.

However, search this forum and the web for an I2c to serial solution that will be able to go between the flight controller board and the gps. Your FC board does not have the I2c pins brought out to a pin header, but again, search the forum for assistance, I and many other have been successful at doing it.

With the Kv Team OSD software and these devices, it is possible to have a great system at an affordable price.

Take advantange of the wealth of knowledge that is on this forum and use the search engine well and you will be up and flying in now time at all.

Good luck
Ross

soko

Post by soko »

Thank you very much for your reply Ross,

I looked for information in the forums and I think I have my skills a little more clear.

Attached is a picture of how I think the hardware is connected (in case it helps someone), I now see the code to know that I have to change.

Greetings.
Attachments
Crius.jpg

power67

Post by power67 »

Soko,

Glad to be able to help.

depending on your gps module, you may have to move the vcc feed down to the 5v output, but other than that, you should be good to go with that setup.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Ross