Rushduino OSD - Multiwii based open software osd

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
kataventos

Re: Rushduino OSD - Multiwii based open software osd

Post by kataventos »

staroman wrote:original means that which came with the board. i never changed it...
Jan

That is your problem ;) do as described above.

modelci

Post by modelci »

I'm glad, developments continues with the highly assistances.

This is last and final for Rushduino board. Then only will continue for Minim-osd. Because, I need to empty place for new improvements in the flash.
http://osd-max7456-multiwii.googlecode.com/files/osd_max7456_multiwii_V1_2_alfa5.zip

Minim-OSD:
- Must be installed the character set (Rushduino OSD CC rev Bledi 7.mcm) on Minim-osd. Described here: http://rushduino-osd.googlecode.com/files/Caracter%20Map%20Update%20v1.pdf. Only change these in RushOSD_CP_v1_0.ino:
#define DATAOUT 11//11-MOSI
#define DATAIN 12//12-MISO
#define SPICLOCK 13//13-sck
#define MAX7456SELECT 6//10-ss
#define MAX7456RESET 10//10-ss
#define VSYNC 0x02// INT0

- OSD software in Config.h:
//#define DEBUG
//#define RUSHDUINO
#define MINIMOSD
//#define DIY-MODELCI

-This is a very important: Edit according to your own MW config.
// For Mode Active
#define STABLEMODE 1
#define BAROMODE 4
#define MAGMODE 8
#define BOXCAMSTAB 16
//#define BOXCAMTRIG 32
#define ARMEDMODE 32
#define GPSHOMEMODE 64
#define GPSHOLDMODE 128

There is still not a chance to test my changes! May have overlooked something!

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

modelci wrote:I'm glad, developments continues with the highly assistances.

This is last and final for Rushduino board. Then only will continue for Minim-osd. Because, I need to empty place for new improvements in the flash.
http://osd-max7456-multiwii.googlecode.com/files/osd_max7456_multiwii_V1_2_alfa5.zip

Hi Modelci, I want to thank you for all your work on Rushduino so far, since you do not have a Rush you can not test it conveniently. I´m glad you are going on with Minim, I think it is great to have all of this info in such a cheap piece of Hardware (I will buy one to) :mrgreen: Hope to see a dedicated topic to it on this forum.

Regarding your last dev, I do not know what to say!!! It just don´t work at all, is worse than alfa4, after all the work/info that me and Traiblazer posted here :shock: in this post you just repeated what we have posted before, except this changes for Minim #define MAX7456SELECT 6//10-ss
#define MAX7456RESET 10//10-ss. At this time we were waiting for a real free bug and better piece of software...

I wish you all good things with MinimOSD and I will keep an eye on your work on that. Everyone that have this Rushthing will continue trying to keep it working better and better.

Thanks for all your help.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Powermeter on Rushduino done :mrgreen: It just need to be tuned for precise reading.

fr3d

Post by fr3d »

kataventos wrote:With this: .../...

many thanks it's working.. :)
had troubles with video and I'had soldered 47µF capacitors. And now it's seems to be ok :D
too many wind to test today. :evil:
but is it a bug ? :?:
with mwc dev1240 when I select (from radio) acro mode, osd show stable mode.... mag and baro modes are ok
nb: i'm using mtk version.
Last edited by fr3d on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

staroman

Post by staroman »

Hi,
i give it up for the moment. I reload the .mcm file (Rushduino OSD CC rev Bledi 7.mcm). Then I flashed the Alfa5 version in my OSD. the result was this:

Nothing works...

With the last "official" Rushduino OSD i get the datas from the analog sensors. Only the serial connection to the FC doesnt work (SW is for the 2.1, i have the 2.11 dev 1232)

any ideas?

Jan

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

staroman wrote:Hi,
i give it up for the moment. I reload the .mcm file (Rushduino OSD CC rev Bledi 7.mcm). Then I flashed the Alfa5 version in my OSD. the result was this:
Nothing works...
With the last "official" Rushduino OSD i get the datas from the analog sensors. Only the serial connection to the FC doesnt work (SW is for the 2.1, i have the 2.11 dev 1232)
any ideas?

Jan

If you have read my last post you should know what´s going on! I have tested it and reported my thoughts, please upload MTK and you will fly happy :mrgreen:
Last edited by kataventos on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

fr3d wrote:
kataventos wrote:With this: .../...

many thanks it's working.. :)
have trouble with video and I'had 47µF capacitors. and now it's seems to be ok
too many wind to test today.
but is it a bug ?
with mwc dev1240 when I select (from radio) acro mode, osd show stable mode.... mag and baro are ok
nb: i'm using mtk version.

Great I´m happy that you get it to work, wish you great flight´s :roll:
I don´t think that it is a bug... Please verify in GUI if you are wrong with stable and acro on check box!

staroman

Post by staroman »

Hi kataventos,

thats the result with the unchanged MTK version:

Jan

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

staroman wrote:Hi kataventos,

Jan

Humm... please get back and do as I posted before with those files, take all the steps carefully, you will be fine ;)
I would like to see some more feedback from Rush users/downloaders.

fr3d

Post by fr3d »

staroman wrote:Hi kataventos,

Jan

I get same thing when I unpowered my camera. It was 5v on vcam rather than 12v can you check your video voltage on camera-vcam and trans-vtx ?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

OK here is a field test regarding my last changes to the code.

MW r1240 PH test and OSD accuracy info using Rushduino MKT1.0 (not uploaded yet, need to clean the code because it was a mess) :ugeek:
After I coded new Rushduino soft for Alt and Vario I decided to continue working on this software as much as I can keeping it working with new releases of MWC. :mrgreen:
These Alt and Vario values are as much as possible close to real, always depending on MW info regarding barometric sensor/others to come (sonar, optical flow, etc).
This dev I used (r1240) is one of the last, with the altitude coded by Mahowick, excellent coder/incredible job.

In this test, I made a close to ground (5m Alt Max) PH for +- 5 minutes to test behavior of MW and to see if after the flight the ground would still be = to zero :) Small difference inferior to one meter was what I experienced, pretty amazing though.

On Vario you will not see any number because the altitude changes were very smooth so, no m/sec, although you´re able to see ascending and descending arrows (notice the drone shadow).

The consumed current that you see is my implementation using MW POWERMETER. You can see a big number on it on the beginning of the video because before this flight (for the video) I was flying a bunch :D without change batteries. This value is exactly the same shown on GUI and is not correct (yet) must be tuned on MW config.h #define PLEVELSCALE (50) with lots of patience according your setup, exactly as explained on the wiki.
In my next release of this OSD soft you will be able to define on config.h if you want to use POWERMETER_SOFT/HARD or a current sensor connected to your Rushduino (this is the best option) this way you will be able to see both amperage and consumed current much more accurate.

Regarding the GPS, I personally don´t like to see coordinates on screen (just a bunch of numbers lol). It is useful in case of an accident far way to find the drone (if you record your flights on the ground and if ou have a hand GPS to follow it :mrgreen: ) This is something I almost never do because I record on board and for that propose I have exactly the same GPS info on my Turnigy 9X with ER9X.
I think that I´m going to put sea level relative altitude permanently on the right top of the screen under GPS velocity because it´s good to know in every flight for statistics on drone behaviour/"real" altitude.

Any questions you know what to do :)
Stay tuned and subsribe.

Cheers,
KV

http://youtu.be/T8ForeC7eLo

Benzel

Post by Benzel »

Hi Kataventos,

Got most of the things working with your latest version and it is a lot faster :D !
But i have some trouble with the voltage messurment, I am messuring the 12 volt video voltage on Port 0, but all messurements will give me a value of 1023.
With the old rusduino software the voltage was correct.
Do you messure the voltage with the OSD or are you using the VBAT data form multiwii?

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:OK here is a field test regarding my last changes to the code.

Hi Kataventos,
I'm still waiting for minimosd clone board and I can't wait to test it.
Thanks for great job (thank also to modelci).
I saw your last video and all run well, but I've some detail I want discuss.

Speed: I saw very high (too much) speed related to what I can see in video looking at ground when copter moves.

Vario: I don't understand the black arrows and single/double/triple white arrow activation even if OSD show zero mt/sec. I think one arrow low vario, 2 arrows medium vario, 3 arrows very high vario rate.

All numeric info: Thats aren't left justified, always are jumping right/left if the number of digits changes.

Do you think it's possible do some corrections ? :mrgreen:
Anyway, as soon as I receive my minimosd I can partecipate to develop this awesome OSD :)

Thanks and Bye
carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Benzel wrote:Hi Kataventos,

Got most of the things working with your latest version and it is a lot faster :D !
But i have some trouble with the voltage messurment, I am messuring the 12 volt video voltage on Port 0, but all messurements will give me a value of 1023.
Do you messure the voltage with the OSD or are you using the VBAT data form multiwii?

What version are you talking about, so I can take a look?

1-No, VBat is not used to display voltage.

2-For Main voltage you´l have to find your match, configure it on config.h:

Code: Select all

#define DIVIDERRATIO 25           // R1/R2 of voltagePin.

For Cam voltage I need to look at the code, maybe separate them allowing to use different batts ex:.(1s or 2s for video depending on your VTX and 3s for main or whatever) :mrgreen:

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

carlonb wrote:
kataventos wrote:OK here is a field test regarding my last changes to the code.

Hi Kataventos,
I'm still waiting for minimosd clone board and I can't wait to test it.
Thanks for great job (thank also to modelci).
I saw your last video and all run well, but I've some detail I want discuss.

Speed: I saw very high (too much) speed related to what I can see in video looking at ground when copter moves.

Vario: I don't understand the black arrows and single/double/triple white arrow activation even if OSD show zero mt/sec. I think one arrow low vario, 2 arrows medium vario, 3 arrows very high vario rate.

All numeric info: Thats aren't left justified, always are jumping right/left if the number of digits changes.

Do you think it's possible do some corrections ? :mrgreen:
Anyway, as soon as I receive my minimosd I can partecipate to develop this awesome OSD :)

Thanks and Bye
carlo

Modelci is working on Minim not me ;) but I´m sure we can implement same stuff.

1- Speed- It´s given by MWC and is average speed from GPS not the real drone speed ( I can try to use some sort of filter for that :geek: I will take a look...)
2-Vario - the arrows ascending/descending are very sensitive. When you move "slowly" they can go to 3 white depending on how slow. when you see 3 black arrows you´r almost at 1m/sec then if you raise your speed you´l be seeing 2,3,4, etc m/sec ;) that´s when you are going to start calculations (m/sec to km/h) and consequently making the necessary arrangements to buy faster motors :mrgreen:
3- Numeric info... Near the litlle house you have distance from home, the remaining scary info it´s the GPS coordinates. I have explained that on the video post. (you can disable that on OSD config (NOT ON THE SOFTWARE on your googles)

EDIT: 1m/ Sec = to 3,61 Km/h ;)

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:Modelci is working on Minim not me ;) but I´m sure we can implement same stuff.
1- Speed- It´s given by MWC and is average speed from GPS not the real drone speed ( I can try to use some sort of filter for that :geek: I will take a look...)
2-Vario - the arrows ascending/descending are very sensitive. When you move "slowly" they can go to 3 white depending on how slow. when you see 3 black arrows you´r almost at 1m/sec then if you raise your speed you´l be seeing 2,3,4, etc m/sec ;) that´s when you are going to start calculations (m/sec to km/h) and consequently making the necessary arrangements to buy faster motors :mrgreen:
3- Numeric info... are you talking about GPS coordinates? I have explained that on the video post. (you can disable that on OSD config (NOT ON THE SOFTWARE on your googles)

Thanks for reply,
Yes I know Modelci is working on this, you too.

1- Speed: Yes I know the speed is real speed calculated with GPS coordinates from MWii, I'm now using mobidrone OSD and speed in Km/h is perfect, in your video seems too hight.
2-OK
3- Numeric info: No, I'm talking about speed, the speed data is jumping left and right if the speed is one or two digits (8 km/h...12Km/h...9Km/h).

Carlo

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

carlonb wrote:
kataventos wrote:Modelci is working on Minim not me ;) but I´m sure we can implement same stuff.
3- Numeric info... are you talking about GPS coordinates? I have explained that on the video post. (you can disable that on OSD config (NOT ON THE SOFTWARE on your googles)

Thanks for reply,
Yes I know Modelci is working on this, you too.

1- Speed: Yes I know the speed is real speed calculated with GPS coordinates from MWii, I'm now using mobidrone OSD and speed in Km/h is perfect, in your video seems too hight.
2-OK
3- Numeric info: No, I'm talking about speed, the speed data is jumping left and right if the speed is one or two digits (8 km/h...12Km/h...9Km/h).

Carlo

ummm...

about the very high speed, may be now are printed on oSD as is from Mwii serial protocol ?
May be is in cm/sec ? Try to divide the speed from MWii by 27,8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
???
Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

carlonb wrote: Try to divide the speed from MWii by 27,8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
???
Carlo

That´s exactly what I was doing when saw this post!

Benzel

Post by Benzel »

kataventos wrote:

For Cam voltage I need to look at the code, maybe separate them allowing to use different batts ex:.(1s or 2s for video depending on your VTX and 3s for main or whatever) :mrgreen:

Thanks for your reply,

I understand the Dividerratio setting to finetune the actual voltage, the problem is that port 0 is now always showing a value of 1023.
We are using Multiwii dev1240 on a modified minimosd, we rerouted the hardwarepins so that it's basicly the same as the origional Rusduino board.

On Port 0 we measure the video transmitter voltage, about 10-11 volt with the normal resistors in place, on the V9 Rusduino version this was working OK.
I looked at the differences between V9 and Modelci version but i am not a programmer :D.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Benzel wrote:
kataventos wrote:

Thanks for your reply,

I understand the Dividerratio setting to finetune the actual voltage, the problem is that port 0 is now always showing a value of 1023.
We are using Multiwii dev1240 on a modified minimosd, we rerouted the hardwarepins so that it's basicly the same as the origional Rusduino board.

On Port 0 we measure the video transmitter voltage, about 10-11 volt with the normal resistors in place, on the V9 Rusduino version this was working OK.
I looked at the differences between V9 and Modelci version but i am not a programmer :D.

OK, I will take a look at that as soon as I get GPS with correct speed readings.
First thing first, by the way... I´m no coder either 8-) !

// Process AI
  temperature=(analogRead(temperaturePin)*1.1)/10.23; 
  voltage=(analogRead(voltagePin)*1.1*DIVIDERRATIO)/102.3;
  rssiADC = (analogRead(rssiPin)*1.1)/1023;
  amperage = (analogRead(amperagePin)*1.1)/10.23;
///////////////////////////////////////////////
aa =  analogRead(rssiPin)/4;

These are the actual analogue pin´s defined.

const uint8_t voltagePin=0;
const uint8_t amperagePin=1;
const uint8_t temperaturePin=6;   // Temperature pin 6 for original Rushduino Board
const uint8_t rssiPin=3;
const uint8_t rssiSample=30;
const uint8_t lowrssiAlarm=75;    // This will make blink the Rssi if lower then this value

EDIT: Are you running without problems MTK on a MINIMOSD? :shock:

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

GPS speed now = to GUI values!

If you pay attention, when you are stopped with +- stable reception (tested with between 6 and 8 Sat´s inside my garage) the GUI show´s you values between 0 and 30km/h. the Rushduino now is equally wrong because we are stopped. I think that this is normal because I tested CRIUS GPS CN6 with Ucenter on my car and the speed starts to flow correct once you are really moving.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:GPS speed now = to GUI values!

If you pay attention, when you are stopped with +- stable reception (tested with between 6 and 8 Sat´s inside my garage) the GUI show´s you values between 0 and 30km/h. the Rushduino now is equally wrong because we are stopped. I think that this is normal because I tested CRIUS GPS CN6 with Ucenter on my car and the speed starts to flow correct once you are really moving.

Strange that with copter stopped the gps reception change the coordinates, the coord must be stable, so the calculated speed=0.
In GUI and in my mobidrone OSD, if copter is stopped with 8 sats, the speed is stable=0 km/h.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

carlonb wrote:Strange that with copter stopped the gps reception change the coordinates, the coord must be stable, so the calculated speed=0.
In GUI and in my mobidrone OSD, if copter is stopped with 8 sats, the speed is stable=0 km/h.

Yes, you are correct... The only good thing on this is that the stuff I coded is finally accurate, see for your self.
I have my OSD on SERIAL1 so, I´m able to see in gui at the same time and they are exactly the same but with different refresh rates (OSD is slower refreshing) that is something that I´m going to look next.

So... an out of topic question what did I missed? 115200Baud 10hz for both... 0+1 output... :?: do you have the same GPS as I? (CRIUS CN06 with EEPROM)

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:So... an out of topic question what did I missed? 115200Baud 10hz for both... 0+1 output... :?: do you have the same GPS as I? (CRIUS CN06 with EEPROM)

I have Flytron MTK3329 serial GPS set at 115200baud 10Hz connected on ATMega on serial 1.

??? So... an out of topic question what did I missed? 115200Baud 10hz for both... 0+1 output... ???? Sorry I don't understand this statement ;)

Regarding the other stuff you managed...very well done !!!

I can't wait for my minimosd :twisted:

Bye

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Hey, not trying to undercut the outstanding product here but I am very curious if this MiniOSD will work with the Fushduino firmware?

http://dx.com/p/minimosd-ardupilot-mega ... col-149351

vpb

Post by vpb »

And this one two (maybe the same)? http://www.goodluckbuy.com/on-screen-di ... apm-2.html

I think we must wait for modelci :D, Kataventos is working on original rushduino board

modelci wrote:I'm glad, developments continues with the highly assistances.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=922&start=540#p27005

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

copterrichie wrote:Hey, not trying to undercut the outstanding product here but I am very curious if this MiniOSD will work with the Fushduino firmware?

As soon as I receive minimosd clone I will try.
Here in this German forum these guys are working on monimosd with rushduino/modelci firmware.
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php?10404-Minim-OSD-und-MultiWii
I used google for translation ;)
Carlo

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Awesome, seems to me that Rushduino is about to go viral.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@ kataventos

I looked at your sketch rush_kv_01 and I saw this part of code displaying the GPS speed:

void displaySpeed(void)
{
  if(!GPS_fix){
    GPS_speed = 0;
  }
  //if(GPS_speed > speedMAX) speedMAX = GPS_speed;
  itoa(GPS_speed,screenBuffer,10);     
  FindNull();   // find the NULL
  if(unitSystem)  GPS_speed = GPS_speed / 27.8;        // 27.8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
  screenBuffer[xx++]=speedUnitAdd[unitSystem];   
  screenBuffer[xx]=0;                   // Restore the NULL
  MAX7456_WriteString(screenBuffer,speedPosition[videoSignalType][screenType]);
}

Seems you convert cm/sec--->Km/h dividing by 27.8 after asci conversion with itoa(....)
I think must be:

if(unitSystem) GPS_speed = GPS_speed / 27.8; // 27.8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
FindNull(); // find the NULL
screenBuffer[xx]=0; // Restore the NULL

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bye

shikra

Post by shikra »

copterrichie wrote:Hey, not trying to undercut the outstanding product here but I am very curious if this MiniOSD will work with the Fushduino firmware?

I have one of those and can confirm that the recently amended version loads up and displays on the screen now. I haven't tested on a copter with Multiwii - but no reason it wouldn't work.

I bought one to develop my own OSD - but I will probably use Rushduino now its progressing again

Be aware that pins are not broken out onto the pcb - you can only read data via the serial port from multiwii.
With some fine soldering and some resistors, this could be done - so you can get other functions like bat/rssi

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

shikra wrote:

I have one of those and can confirm that the recently amended version loads up and displays on the screen now. I haven't tested on a copter with Multiwii - but no reason it wouldn't work.

I bought one to develop my own OSD - but I will probably use Rushduino now its progressing again

Be aware that pins are not broken out onto the pcb - you can only read data via the serial port from multiwii.
With some fine soldering and some resistors, this could be done - so you can get other functions like bat/rssi

Interesting and thanks for the feed back. As for the RSSI and current, I would love to see these read by the MWC as it does now with the voltage. Thanks again, not that I was in the market for this device, I was just curious. :)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

carlonb wrote:@ kataventos

I looked at your sketch rush_kv_01 and I saw this part of code displaying the GPS speed:

void displaySpeed(void)
{
  if(!GPS_fix){
    GPS_speed = 0;
  }
  FindNull();   // find the NULL
  if(unitSystem)  GPS_speed = GPS_speed / 27.8;        // 27.8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
  screenBuffer[xx]=0;                   // Restore the NULL
}

Seems you convert cm/sec--->Km/h dividing by 27.8 after asci conversion with itoa(....)
I think must be:

if(unitSystem) GPS_speed = GPS_speed / 27.8; // 27.8 (cm/sec ---> Km/h)
FindNull(); // find the NULL
screenBuffer[xx]=0; // Restore the NULL

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bye

Yes, that´s what happens when you want to go for it in bad time :oops: but not the only problem here.
The formula needs to be diferent because the number you have from MW is in cm, when you read in GUI 28 is actually 28cm/sec = 0.028km/h so I need to take a look into that again!
I think that we have to use before point and after point but I need some time.

EDIT: If anyone could help on this! :roll:

EDIT: I found this for trip: ((0*1000)/3600)*0.01
Last edited by kataventos on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

shikra wrote:I have one of those and can confirm that the recently amended version loads up and displays on the screen now. I haven't tested on a copter with Multiwii - but no reason it wouldn't work.

What dev are you talking, and which hardware did you use? Thanks.

PS: please confirm POWERMETER readings according your setup, can you get it working? I can confirm equal readings in GUI and OSD but still not accurate.
I think that in future we can have good readings if some more time is dedicated to this matter.
This for example is another interesting Idea :http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2769#p27002
Last edited by kataventos on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

copterrichie wrote: As for the RSSI and current, I would love to see these read by the MWC as it does now with the voltage.

;) I implemented VBAT and POWEMETER 1/2 done.
I will need to flash my D8RII to have PWMSum. Aftter that we need to wait for MWc implementation!

shikra

Post by shikra »

Clone minimosd i bought off ebay real cheap. Think it was less than $20!

osd_max7456_multiwii_V1_2_alfa5
But I didn't fly - just had the chars on screen. I haven't opprtunity to do much else at the moment because of work...

For me actually I don't really use OSD much on a copter. I only want volts and a fly timer!! But I'll take whatever you guys deliver!
What I really wanted is some debug info which is why minim appealed. Quick and easy compared to my mobidrone.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:.......
Yes, that´s what happens when you want to go for it in bad time :oops: but not the only problem here.
The formula needs to be diferent because the number you have from MW is in cm, when you read in GUI 28 is actually 28cm/sec = 0.028km/h so I need to take a look into that again!
I think that we have to use before point and after point but I need some time.

I know, when we want do the things quickly, the error is behind the corner :lol:
I hope not boring you but as said I'm waiting my miniosd and I can't test it. :(
When in GUI we have 28 I have not investigate if that means 28 cm/sec, anyway 28cm/sec is not equal to 0,028Km/h.
If we have 28cm/sec to convert in Km/h:
28*60*60=100800 cm/h
100800/100=1008 mt/h
1008/1000=1.008 Km/h

So, 60*60/100/1000=0.036
Then 28*0.036=1.008 Km/h. This means that if we multiply the value received from MWii by 0.036 we have the speed in Km/h.

Or...1/0.036=27.77777=27.8 rounded
Then it's the same if we divide 28/27.777=1.008

Please verify this.
Bye, Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

:oops: yes, yes, you are so right, I forgot hours... Thanks.

Anyway, it´s 5:00Am and I saw your message around 1:00Am, got so embarrassed with my mathematics that I did not stopped until I get it working.

Yes, it´s working perfectly!

I will upload KV_ 1.0 tomorrow.

With this dev, I can say that my work is done for now. All works as it should
Cheers,
KV

PS: Take a look at the old GPS c and compare it with the new one! ;)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi to all,

Here is KV_1.0
http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/downloads/detail?name=Rush_KV_1_0.zip&can=2&q=
If you find any bug, fix it :mrgreen:

1- Final implementation of Powermeter and Vbat;
2- Altitude and Vario debuged;
3- GPS_Speed debugged;
4- Statistics debugged;
5- New options on config.h

I promised my wife that when I got it all working I would sleep, so... all done.
Hope Rushduino users like it as much as I.

Cheers,
KV

vpb

Post by vpb »

I still cannot find max7456 here to build rushduino board, hunger to try it but I need to wait the chips to arrive :-(

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

kataventos wrote:Hi to all,

Here is KV_1.0
http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/downloads/detail?name=Rush_KV_1_0.zip&can=2&q=
If you find any bug, fix it :mrgreen:

1- Final implementation of Powermeter and Vbat;
2- Altitude and Vario debuged;
3- GPS_Speed debugged;
4- Statistics debugged;
5- New options on config.h

I promised my wife that when I got it all working I would sleep, so... all done.
Hope Rushduino users like it as much as I.

Cheers,
KV

Thanks so much for your effort :D
I can't wait for my clone minimosd!!!
I will let you my news as soon as possible.
Carlo

RITON B

Post by RITON B »

Hello mister kataventos
The last firm KV.1.0 seems to be OK thank you very much The only thing that is not OK is "when i armed the motors on the screen Disarmed don't change to armed and the timer stray to 0" why????
thank you for yur replay
RITON B

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

carlonb wrote:

Thanks so much for your effort :D
I can't wait for my clone minimosd!!!
I will let you my news as soon as possible.
Carlo[/quote]

It´s nothing but a pleasure to me if everybody get it working like I have it now!
I just hope that you get it working with MINIMOsd, I think it is easy to remap it, I will buy one just to see what´s going on with that! I think that Shikra is correct, few micro soldering with some resistors and capacitors and you have al Rush. Let´s wait until you get it.

Cheers,
KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

RITON B wrote:Hello mister kataventos
The last firm KV.1.0 seems to be OK thank you very much The only thing that is not OK is "when i armed the motors on the screen Disarmed don't change to armed and the timer stray to 0" why????
thank you for yur replay
RITON B

Thank you and welcome, I think that you are not with dev r1240! if not, tell me what dev do you have. It´s simple to fix. If you have everything else working, the problem is in mode active.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

You guys should get together on this project: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776186

I believe everyone would benefit.

RITON B

Post by RITON B »

Hello mister K
I have r1240 all is OK except no motors on and the timer
here it is 11 pm bye
RITON B

vpb

Post by vpb »

copterrichie wrote:You guys should get together on this project: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776186

I believe everyone would benefit.

It's standalone osd (with dedicated gps...), I still like the way rushduino gets data directly from multiwii here :D .

Dennis Frie on rcgroups also has a DIY head-tracker project with less than 30$ hardwares http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677559

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

vpb wrote:It's standalone osd (with dedicated gps...), I still like the way rushduino gets data directly from multiwii here :D .

Dennis Frie on rcgroups also has a DIY head-tracker project with less than 30$ hardwares http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677559

Every hear of DEFINE statements? Hmmm LOL :mrgreen:

But both firmware versions would use the same hardware.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

RITON B wrote:Hello mister K
I have r1240 all is OK except no motors on and the timer
here it is 11 pm bye
RITON B

Sorry, but I do not experience that issue with the same dev! I don´t know... :roll: