GUI Problems in WIN7.

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
mr.rc-cam

GUI Problems in WIN7.

Post by mr.rc-cam »

I use WIN7 and all versions of the GUI have an odd problem that is an annoyance on my PC. If I have the GUI on the screen, but then switch to another program, then back to the GUI, sometimes the sliders and buttons no longer work. Sometimes the buttons no longer stick and I can drag them around the GUI. When these bugs occur I have to exit the GUI and relaunch it. It happens a lot and is frustrating. Anyone have a fix for this?

Duguy

Re: GUI Problems in WIN7.

Post by Duguy »

Hello,
I had similar issues with windows7.
Usually the buttons and sliders were ineffective after a random time usually less than 1 minute and I had to restart GUI. Not very convenient.

It was finally solved with recompiling the multiwiiconf.pde on my own machine. Now it's working like a charm.
I also took this opportunity to change the rxtxserial.dll as explained here (link in the post) : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,46977.0.html
Now, I don't have anymore lockups, and initial connection is much faster, using FTDI or Bluetooth.
Hope this help

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

It was finally solved with recompiling the multiwiiconf.pde on my own machine. Now it's working like a charm.

Interesting. Do you have any idea why recompiling it on your PC fixed the bugs? Did you make some changes to the pde or java files?

I also took this opportunity to change the rxtxserial.dll as explained here (link in the post) : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,46977.0.html

I've been using that patched dll since V1.8. I Highly recommend it too.

Duguy

Post by Duguy »

No idea at all indeed.
One thing is that after recompiling only the win32 version is working propoerly. Win64 doesn't even if I'm with a win7 x64 & Java for 64bits installed.
I must admit that as soon as it started to work in 1.8, I didnt investigate further... Just had to do it again with 1.9, but once you know how to do, that is not too long ! ;)

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

Thanks for the information. I will try the GUI recompile trick one of these days.

tanasit

Post by tanasit »

Duguy wrote:No idea at all indeed.
One thing is that after recompiling only the win32 version is working propoerly. Win64 doesn't even if I'm with a win7 x64 & Java for 64bits installed.
I must admit that as soon as it started to work in 1.8, I didnt investigate further... Just had to do it again with 1.9, but once you know how to do, that is not too long ! ;)

I also use Windows 7 x 64 bits and the GUI did NOT work with Java 64 bits, I had to uninstall all Java and install the 32 bit one for the GUI to work.