MultiWii_dev_20111017

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Alexinparis

Re: MultiWii_dev_20111017

Post by Alexinparis »

jevermeister wrote:Hi Alex.
I did some testflying today.
I am not very happy with the results. Tere is still a constant drift.
It was alittle windy though but the drift is there. It is not connected to the wind.

I have some vibrations in one motor so I will try again tomorrow.

Nils

Hi
How can you really evaluate a drift in the wind ? (except if it it really important like at least 3/4 deg inclination)

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi Alex, hi richie,

sorry for my last post.

I calibrated and trimmed the acc but the problem persists.

BUT:
I flew with 1.7 Code activated today and have the same drift. So I think the problem is with my setup.

That is very weird since the copter seems to be level when lying on my table - I need some inflight data for finding this - any Idea?
I have bluetooth and two Android devices at hand.

Nils

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Hi Alex,

I noticed, in the latest dev, the powermeter does not work anymore.
The alarm value for the powermeter is not saved properly to eprom upon write it seems....

Wilco

cob

Post by cob »

Hi all,
I tested the dev_201111017 and I'm pretty happy with it. No drift, stable mode very ... stable!
Windy conditions today test ... passed !
I've not tested ALT_HOLD or MAG yet.
GPS is working. Just awaiting the RTH code implementation.
Thanks

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Nils,
jevermeister wrote:I need some inflight data for finding this - any Idea?
I have bluetooth and two Android devices at hand.

you could try and get the link to the gui on PC via bt and monitor sensor values in gui while flying.
with latest dev versions I have non stable acc-z value - described more explicit in another thread here.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

wilco1967 wrote:I noticed, in the latest dev, the powermeter does not work anymore.
The alarm value for the powermeter is not saved properly to eprom upon write it seems....

Wilco
yes, thank you.
This is a known bug. Alex has found the code at error and fixed this - we are awaiting integration in the dev version.

So it is safe to asume you are using the powermeter feature? May I ask whether you use the software version or run it with a hardware current sensor?
How exact is it for you, please?

mahowik

Post by mahowik »

Hi guys,

I'm so happy with the last MultiWii_dev_20111017. This is the first time when I can fly in stable mode! Thanks to Alex!

A little drift is still there but it's probably the issue of my quadr, because i'm flying with cheap props from HK. The props are balanced but it's not so good in any case.

My config: 3205+bma020

thx-
Alex

Noctaro

Post by Noctaro »

Hi,

I also tested this dev, these days. Drift is still there but less agressive i would say.
In Dev20111008 i had a constant drift to right front, wich got stronger and stronger and would lead to a crash if not corrected.
Beat me if i am wrong, but this dev seems to be the first one, where i am able to create a constant drift to the left by trimming acc. Ok not really constant, it will again drift to the right, but i got around 10minutes of time where i can maintain drift to the left.
I have a cam onboard and a crappy inet connection. I promised to upload a vid of last dev, instead i ll do it for this one.
Right now i can not see any kind of vibration in the footage, so my props really seem to be well balanced.

I ll keep on testing.

greetz,
Noc

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Hamburger wrote:
wilco1967 wrote:I noticed, in the latest dev, the powermeter does not work anymore.

Wilco
yes, thank you.
This is a known bug. Alex has found the code at error and fixed this - we are awaiting integration in the dev version.

So it is safe to asume you are using the powermeter feature? May I ask whether you use the software version or run it with a hardware current sensor?
How exact is it for you, please?

Hi Hamburger,

Yes, I'm trying to use it..... Just managed yesterday to get a working led strip driver... The one from my flydusense board did not work properly. It only was able to drive a small led (which was almost impossible to see in flight). Now it is working properly with a different transistor (not flown with it yet).

From the few flight I made with it, the power meter seems pretty accurate.... MUCH better then waiting for the low voltage alarm.... I'm using the software version.
Some of my lipo's get very tired, so the low bat alarm comes on almost immediately. If you pull them down till the low voltage alarm, it's kind of late..... Also a high throttle burst will raise the low voltage alarm way before the lipo is 80% depleted, so it's good for a warning, but no accurate measure for used mAh. Your powermeter routine does a much better job at that !

One feature that would be nice, is different alarms (different blink patterns), based on various powermeter alarm levels. I fly different batteries, so need other settings for each battery....

The multiwii with lights code made by Mariano (mgros) is a nice start for what I have in mind.... I've tried it earlier, and it can create all kinds of patterns.... very nice.... I don't mind for stable mode on/off, but various powermeter settings would be perfect.... like one setting for a 1600 battery, one for a 2200, and one for a 3300.... you get the idea.
I've tried some small code modifications for this, but I'll need some practice... Long time ago since I did some programming.... Somewhere back in the 80's on a commodore 64 I think :oops:
No need to implement in the GUI... just hardcoded would do fine for me... Download takes only a few seconds, and once set, will not change anymore.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

thanks for the feedback. I am glad powermeter works for you.
One feature that would be nice, is different alarms (different blink patterns), based on various powermeter alarm levels. I fly different batteries, so need other settings for each battery....

You can set the alarm level via the LCD. In my case that is 'attached' wirelessly with bluettooth, it is easy to change the alarm level 'on the fly' while copter is disarmed. Having an LCD is a very useful addon, imho.
Does that help?

boke

Post by boke »

Hey guys,
the new software is great! After a little trimming it flys much better!
Now my problem:
After disconnecting and new connecting my battery, the trimming is gone and i have to start trimming again.
What can i do?

cardboard

Post by cardboard »

the trim is relitve to gravity, and thus level ground. I had the idea of putting the level out of a cheap spirit level on each of the booms. so i knw my copter is sitting dead level when i power it on and know my trims will be pretty dam close to perfect every time.

Stalk

Post by Stalk »

Hi people,
I can not config through the LCD. The second line appears at the top and the first ever. Please advice. Thank you.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Stalk wrote:Hi people,
I can not config through the LCD. The second line appears at the top and the first ever. Please advice. Thank you.

Hi,
there was a small bug with LCD, which was just corrected in the last dev from today.

Stalk

Post by Stalk »

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your quick help.