GPG and Compass heading recorded via PWM signal

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
agdrone

GPG and Compass heading recorded via PWM signal

Post by agdrone »

Hello All

I'm not a developer so I am looking to hire someone to assist me with a product I need built. I am flying a DJI S900 with an A2 flight controller. I can get my geo tagged images but I needing to know the compass heading for each image for some agriculture research. I want to use an IMU (maybe a multiwii) and maybe even a GPS that could accept a PWM signal and then create a flight log of sorts. I need it to give me the compass heading and possibly the GPS position of each and very trigger (PWM).

If anyone has an idea how to do this or someone who I can hire to help please respond and I will make contact with you for more details.

Thank you
Mark Hull

PatrikE

Re: GPG and Compass heading recorded via PWM signal

Post by PatrikE »

I guess a good start would be a Openlog.
ex
http://www.readytoflyquads.com/rtf-blac ... ht-openlog
And add a combined GPS/Mag.
ex
http://www.readytoflyquads.com/mini-ubl ... nd-compass

You can probably find cheaper on Ebay

You might have to solder some directly on the processor legs to get it to work though!.
You need I2C for the Mag and a input for PWM/PPM on the Openlog.

Most of the code you need is available as librays on arduino.cc

agdrone

Re: GPG and Compass heading recorded via PWM signal

Post by agdrone »

Thank you Patrik. I sent you a PM with a couple questions.

I'm too busy to learn all the ins and outs of this arduino and a scientist I am working with is the one who will finance it if we can find someone to help us. I'll mount it up, wire it and learn to download logs and export to CVS files or whatever. But I can not get into the code side of things. I spend enough time just trying to keep the drones in the air. ;)

Mark