Multiwii 2.4 + nanowii to get BMP280 baro working

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
pieterva

Multiwii 2.4 + nanowii to get BMP280 baro working

Post by pieterva »

Hi,

I have a Q450 with nanowii running multiwii 2.4 and I wanted to connect a BMP280 baro. Can someone point me to solution to get this Baro working ?
Is the memory space large enough ?

thank you !!
Pieter

Kbev5709

Re: Multiwii 2.4 + nanowii to get BMP280 baro working

Post by Kbev5709 »

pieterva wrote:Hi,

I have a Q450 with nanowii running multiwii 2.4 and I wanted to connect a BMP280 baro. Can someone point me to solution to get this Baro working ?
I think you will need to write all of the code to implement the use of a baro that is not currently supported in the MW2.4 config.h.
Maybe I'm wrong here but from what I'm seeing there are only two I2C baro's supported.
/* I2C barometer */
//#define BMP085
//#define MS561101BA
It (BMP280) is capable of SPI interface with an arduino as the master device. Perhaps there is some useful info in the following link regarding interfacing the device into your system that way. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI
pieterva wrote:Is the memory space large enough ?

The NanoWii is based on the Atmega 32U4. The following are the memory characteristics of it:
-Flash 32k (4 KB used by boot loader) - full memory can be used when boot loader is bypassed
-SRAM 2.5k
-EEPROM 1K

Not much there. Pretty much the exact same as the 328P. Definitely won't ever do GPS.

pieterva

Re: Multiwii 2.4 + nanowii to get BMP280 baro working

Post by pieterva »

Dear,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll try and keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Pieter