MultiWii Library?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
PureRockets

MultiWii Library?

Post by PureRockets »

Are there any high level libraries for the MultiWii platform? I want to acquire telelemetry and send commands to a MultiWiiCopter PARIS v5r3 from a PC or Linux system for example. Similar to MavLink and DroneKit on the 3DR platform for example. Bluetooth would be ok, but WiFi would be preferable. Radio/XBee too. Thoughts?

gregd72002

Re: MultiWii Library?

Post by gregd72002 »

Hi,

I looked for this too and could not find any but some quasi perl/python implementations. So I started to write my own:
https://github.com/rpicopter/mw-service
It is a vanilla library as of now, but the intention is to implement WWW, Wifi support, etc.

What are you trying to do?

gregd72002

Post by gregd72002 »

Hi, the mw service should be now ready (link above). It comes with an example program that acquires MW status.
Let me know if you need any help.

smoke

Post by smoke »

Hi,
I also couldn't find a standalone C/C++ library for communicating with MultiWii flight controllers, so I started to write one. The solutions that I found so far were integrated to tight into other processes or were missing features. So I thought it might be a good idea to work on a common MSP library to be used for different applications.

https://github.com/christianrauch/msp

It is currently implementing the low-level serial communication and decoding/encoding of some common message types. I plan to integrate the remaining messages and to implement a higher level API, e.g. for obtaining sensor measurements in original uints or extract more semantic information about the FC's capabilities.

Best.