MultiWii Crius AIO Pro v1.0 - C Development

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
brksnn

MultiWii Crius AIO Pro v1.0 - C Development

Post by brksnn »

Hi guys,

I am newbie about MultiWii stuff and have both Crius AIO Pro v1.0 and SE v2.5. However, I need to re-develop these boards in C not C++ in a project. I am not able to re-configure in C++. I tried to upload some C codes by using Arduino compiler, uploaded successfully but did not work. I also checked with oscilloscope for changeing PWM signal but there is no any changing. I think some configuration of BOOT option is necessary or I miss somethingelse.

Looking forward yo your help.

Best,

Cereal_Killer

Re: MultiWii Crius AIO Pro v1.0 - C Development

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Big question is why?

The first issue you'll encounter is thay once you rewrote the code into C it won't be multiwii anymore, just something based on multiwii. This means you and you alone will be responsible for maintaining it and merging and updates and changes and fixes that happen to multiwii. Secondly you won't be able to get much (if any) help on it as no one else needs this...

I'm not trying to be hard on you or to come off as a dick, I don't know you and I have no reason to but believe me when I say, especially already knowing C, you'll have a MUCH MUCH easier task ahead of you if you just set out to learn C++ (and honestly you can't even call arduino language C++ or C as it's its own thing just strongly based on it) than trying to rewrite multiwii into C... I'm sure you could learn arduino / C++ in an evening, it's taken literally years to write multiwii. If you want an idea of what it'll take to rewrite it go look at the multiwii port to STM32 (called Bradwii) just to get an understanding of the job you're talking about taking on... forget the daunting task of maintaining it and merging PR's, just the initial port is going to be a huge endeavour and, literally under no circumstances will it be worth it.