MultiWii features requests for Next release

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ravid824

MultiWii features requests for Next release

Post by ravid824 »

Hi all
I am not sure how to ask for feature requests so I am opening this topic. I played with several copter controllers and GUI's (Hoverfly, NAZA, OpenPilot and MissionPlanner products. I like to Multiwii code and GUI and I wish that it could be more competitive.

Below are some feature Requests I have in mind:
1. Inline flight PID calibration via the RC potentiometer
Currently it is very difficult to calibrate the PID's. Enjoying process !!!
You can find this option available with MissionPlaner and NAZA V2.
There is an implementations proposal offered in this forum on top of 2.4

2. Add Sonar support for ALT HOLD
There is an implementations proposal offered in this forum on top of 2.4. I tried it but it is not reliable.

3. Automatic ALT Hold kick in
Currently there is no way to set the ALT HOLD before arm. This need to be done once the the copter hovers.
And most important, once you set this mode during flight you lose the Throttle control !!!
In the NAZA V2 (which is the best I experience so far) you don't have such switch.
The ALT HOLD kick in automatically once the Copter is in hovering. I think it is kicking this mode once the Throttle is in the middle point (if you set it properly that middle throttle will hover). It has about +-10% tolerance around the throttle mid point in which this mode will be kept.
The advantage of this implementation is that user doesn't need to take care for extra switches during flight.
By adjusting the throttle to a certain position it will automatically go into hovering mode.
In Naza V2 you will never lose Throttle control in any mode.

David

Hamburger

Re: MultiWii features requests for Next release

Post by Hamburger »

There is an older long thread titled wishlist with a collection of - wishes.
You understand this is an open source project driven by volunteers. So no guarantees your wishes get honored and implemented. But chances are ... chances.