CAMSTAB

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
HawkGhost2010

CAMSTAB

Post by HawkGhost2010 »

Hello all!

So multiwii code is setup for the cam stab as PITCH and ROLL, I am wondering if ROLL can be changed to YAW instead.

Also I am using the ATmega 2560 fc, which it has separate pins for cam control, dose anyone know how to actually use these with the multiwii code, or is this just not possible?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... duct=31138

Also would I be able to use these two pins as maybe an AUX 5 & 6 ?

Using latest code, v2.4, the link for the gimble I am using is below as well, I have it mounted on the bottom of a S550 Hexacopter frame, so the only control I have with it is pitch and yaw, with it trying to use roll as yaw you can think just how camstab is currently working out for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141664208300? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Any help is welcomed.

FengShuiDrone

Re: CAMSTAB

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawkGhost2010

Post by HawkGhost2010 »

Haha I know it sucks, but it was cheap lmao, yeah I can try that, I'm using a FS-i10, I for sure have enough channels lmao.

HawkGhost2010

Post by HawkGhost2010 »

What about controlling pitch and roll through that FC tho? It has pins on it for input from the RX, is this just something thats not supported in the MW code? Maybe I should switch to MP

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

I'm not trying to come of conceited here but why do you think you need the "gimbal" to yaw?

If you're flying FPV I can not stress how bad of an idea that is (unless you're running a head tracker). You can rotate the quad for yaw control (put it in heading hold if you need then just point the right stick the direction you want it to move), if you point the camera sideways / backwards it'll really mess with you bad! Second it really adds unnecessary weight and parts to break on you. Again the best way to do it is to simply rotate the craft around...

My suggestion is to get a real 2-axis gimbal with a real gimbal controller. You can do that for <$50, you're already talking about getting a different flight controller anyway when it's totally unneeded, it really wouldn't cost anything more than that idea. This way a dedicated proc (and a camera mounted 6DOF IMU) take care of everything, all your FC needs to do (well actually it doesn't HAVE to do anything, the gimbal controller is 100% stand-alone) but you can send a standard servo pulse signal from the FC to tell the gimbal controller to make it adjust to where you want. It takes the load off the FC which makes it runs more stable (shorter loop times) as well as giving you more control over the gimbal behavior (since controlling it's two axis are the only tasks the gimbal controller has to worry about). You can simply pass a RC channel threw so you're able to aim the gimbal where you want with a POT on the TX (this is how I do it) or you can just hook up power and be done with it and enjoy your perfectly leveled camera all the time with no help from the flight controller.

Another cool feature of the gimbal controller (STorM32 BLGC) is that you can hook a tiny (cheap and light) joystick (like from a game controller) right up to it and aim it however you want before taking off, that way if you run out of channels or whatever you're still good. You can even use this to make it a hand held gimbal for whatever you need great video for!