How to use MSP?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ffuri

How to use MSP?

Post by ffuri »

Hi,

I'm totally new to make a multicopter and also not good at programming.
I'm trying to make a program on PC with c# that I want to control quadcopter through WIFI with multiwii source. I know WIFI is unstable and not useful, but I'm trying to improve my knowledge.

I already read MSP but I don't know how to use it.
In MSP page, there is a message form. " <preamble>,<direction>,<size>,<command>,<data>,<crc> ".
so, if I want to THROTTLE UP, the command will be like this. " '$M' '<' '<size>' 'MSP_SET_RAW_RC' '<data>' '<crc>' "
Am i understanding correctly? But I don't know how to combine and make it complete..
Could you guys give me a example or some code for it?

ps. my quadcpter is 'HobbyKing Spec FPV250 V2 Quad Copter ARF Combo Kit - Mini Sized FPV Multi-Rotor' and board is 'Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0'.
ps2. here is MSP page. http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... l_Protocol
Thank you.

Cereal_Killer

Re: How to use MSP?

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Does anybody search anymore?!

What's with these questions, I dont understand, in the last 2 months there have been 5 new questions a week asking how to control the FC over serial. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE. You MUST use some type of standard transmitter / receiver. MSP is for things like add-on sensors / OSD / telemetry. Serial data is to slow to offer a secure control link...

Even if you could send a command over serial then what- you'd be sending 2 different commands at once and that would confuse it (the serial command and the standard RX input).

Please dont try, first it doesnt work, second it's not safe. Third you say you arnt a coder so apparently you want someone to do it for you... Sorry to be a dick but there are literally pages and pages of the EXACT same question and they're all answered the same way- you CAN NOT do it.