Weird behavior GPS HOME & GPS HOLD MW 2.4

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ardufriki

Weird behavior GPS HOME & GPS HOLD MW 2.4

Post by ardufriki »

Hi, I have updated to MW 2.4, and what I have tested so far:

- I have to switch off GPS HOLD mode when moving, otherwise the quad returns to the last GPSHOLD point (where I activated this option). In 2.3 version I could move anywhere with teh switch ON.

- Sometimes (may be wind or speed I think), the GPSHOME or GPS HOLD becomes very unstable (+10 sats lock) so I have to retake manual commands and then the quad stabilizes quickly. I mean, the quad starts to oscilate in the air in the pitch and roll axis (may be in yaw too). It gos crazy and the panic situation makes me to take manual control again (by switchng off GPSHOME) and it stabilizes in a millisecond.

Any help? Thx

homeslice976

Re: Weird behavior GPS HOME & GPS HOLD MW 2.4

Post by homeslice976 »

regarding your first question - AP Flight Mode was disabled in 2.4. Follow this (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6220#p62462) thread for further information regarding re-adding the feature.

I don't have any suggestions for your second question, sorry.

ardufriki

Re: Weird behavior GPS HOME & GPS HOLD MW 2.4

Post by ardufriki »

Thx homeslice, I also think it was a good feature for newbie-easy-flyiers (like me).

The unstability is a bigger problem. I will try to upload a simple mission : HOLD 10secs, RTH, HOLD 10secs, LAND in order to test again. May be the RTH-by-switch code interferes with mission control, or may be I have to tune GPS PIDS...