v1.8 GUI issues

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
rcdriver25

v1.8 GUI issues

Post by rcdriver25 »

Hello all!

I have recently finished building my tricopter and I am having issues with the version 1.8 GUI. The code loads to the arduino fine, but when I run the GUI there is no data being returned to the computer. The red tx LED on the USB programmer flashes continually, but there are no green flashes from the rx LED.

Any ideas? I have running the basic setup with the Wii and NK boards.

Thanks for the help!

mr.rc-cam

Re: v1.8 GUI issues

Post by mr.rc-cam »

If you are able to load a sketch file, but the GUI does not work, then check the config.h file and ensure these two defines are active:

Code: Select all

#define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200
#define LCD_CONF

By the way, if you are using the V1.8 GUI you MUST also use the V1.8 MultiWii code. In other words, don't mix and match versions.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Code: Select all

#define LCD_CONF
is not neccessary for the GUI to function properly. It is meant to activate configuration via a serial LCD (very helpful at the field). The GUI code is always part of the code and cannot currently be disabled.

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

The GUI code is always part of the code and cannot currently be disabled.

Oops, my apologies. I just checked and the LCD_CONF define does not affect the GUI. I had GUI problems on an older version and enabling LCD_CONF solved it, so I've continued to enable the define. But this is obviously not necessary anymore. :)