MultiWii 2.3 with HC-SR04 Sonar Module

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
jaysonragasa

MultiWii 2.3 with HC-SR04 Sonar Module

Post by jaysonragasa »

I'm just trying out if my SR04 still works by enabling the sonar in MultiWii 2.3. I uncommented the SRF08 line and after that, this is what I get.

Here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-G-SlUuDho

That makes sense of course because I'm using a different sonar module.

I'd like to ask, does anybody have successfully use their SR04 on the MultiWii 2.3 firmware?

Thanks

coda

Re: MultiWii 2.3 with HC-SR04 Sonar Module

Post by coda »

Hi Jayson,
I'm very interested in testing that sensor on Multiwii board to find out if it really works. I searched on Internet and I found that there are other forums that show codes that relate to the sonar. I'm not sure if they work or not.

Therefore, if you search on 2.3 trunk of Multiwii code, there is a comment that says that the sonar is only for the landing lights. Maybe the information will be included in the next release of Multiwii, as other projects do like Baseflight or Cleanflight, (ported code to modern 32-Bits boards)

If I hear anything about HC-SR04 working on MWC, I'll post it here - and of course I hope that if anybody knows anything related to this they will do the same... It would be great.

I saw your video on youtube and it seems that your sensors are out of range, have you tried to calibrate the magnetometer?

Regards.

jaysonragasa

Post by jaysonragasa »

Hi coda,

Thank you for replying.

I found that too, but they are talking about other files which does not exists in MultiWii 2.3, I think that's .pre file if I remember correctly.. MultiWii 2.3 has .cpp and .h files.

about the calibration, I actually tried but it keeps on jumping.. if I disable the Sonar, everything's back to normal.

What is "landing lights" by the way?

Thank you

coda

Post by coda »

Hi Jayson,

if you search in the same forum there is a new post of the new pre-release of Multiwii 2.4, I'm afraid that it's not implemented.

But there are other good new things related to the GPS navigation.

Sonar:

fix Devantech SRFxx code that was broken some time ago. But still no code integrated for alt lock using sonar.

Anyway, can I ask you how did you connected the sonar? Throw the I2C-GPS-NAV card?

MWC--i2c--UBLOX
|
HC-SR04

coda

Post by coda »

Hi, take a look to that post:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1033

jaysonragasa

Post by jaysonragasa »

@coda attached here is my sonar connection diagram in CRIUS v2 AIOP in I2C port

I am not sure where to start from the link you gave me. But I'll to check the codes and I hope I could integrate it. I am a developer as well but I do not develop in C++ :D I only develop apps using C#
Attachments
sonarconnection.gif

kasiviswanadh

Post by kasiviswanadh »

hi jayson .have you implemented sonar on multiwii with simple echo trigger hc-sr04 ? why are you connecting the normal sonar to i2c bus , it disturbs the other devices.