Multiwii WinGui

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
christian.emerich

Multiwii WinGui

Post by christian.emerich »

Hello,

I really like the WinGui so I wonder if there is a new Version of the Multiwii WinGui which supports the new version number of the latest pre 2.4 release ? :?:
Or is there a short summary how to build the WinGui out of the sources(which tools, buildfiles,...)?

Thanks Christian

Jethro39

Re: Multiwii WinGui

Post by Jethro39 »

Hi, I"m new to the forums. Just getting my feet wet in quadcopters. I have been playing with the wingui v2.3 for a few days and noticed something that likely is not a problem for most people. Although I may be wrong in assuming that. I have a multiple monitors set up on my computer and I had to change a bunch of settings with my display to use this program. The dpi scaling for the program will only allow the interface to run in strict control settings. I was wondering if this is something that can or will be repaired in future builds? I don't know if it could be changed so the dpi scale is directly related to the window size and not depended on resolution.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Hi,
Yes there will be new version with bugfixes.

Regarding to DPI dependency. It probably won't happen. WinGUI is using Winforms (kind of old tech, but map control needs it) and uses a lot's of custom controls. DPI awareness with winforms custom controls and gui elements requires lots of coding and testing...

EOS

Jethro39

Post by Jethro39 »

Ahh I see, ok thank you for your reply. It's not like it is a huge issue, I've actually saved settings for my resolution now so I can flip back and forth when needed. It's a great little interface and I am excited about using it.

loknar28

Multiwii WinGui

Post by loknar28 »

I really like the WINGUI as well. Do you think there will ever be a MACGUI?

helikalle

Post by helikalle »

christian.emerich wrote:Hello,

I really like the WinGui so I wonder if there is a new Version of the Multiwii WinGui which supports the new version number of the latest pre 2.4 release ? :?:
Or is there a short summary how to build the WinGui out of the sources(which tools, buildfiles,...)?

Thanks Christian

I was also interested in compiling the sourcecode. What i had done: (I am using Windows 7)
First install a Client program. You will find some programs at "http://subversion.apache.org/packages.html".
Start the cmd-line Editor (CMD) and type in: "svn checkout http://mw-wingui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mw-wingui-read-only".
This will download a copy of the win-gui source code. Normally to "c:/user/username/mw-wingui-read-only......
Install VisualStudio2013. It is free from Microsoft (30 day Evaluation).
Start VisualStudio2013 and open the file "MultiWiiWinGui.sln". It's located in the downloaded copy in a subdirectory named trunk/WinGui2.
Now you can compile it with menu-item "Build / Build Solution". A complete working structure is then stored in your working copy "WinGui2\MultiWiiWinGUI\bin\Release". Here you will find the .exe

This was my way to compile the code.
Hope this helps to be a code guru ;)