MultiWii for Windows (Store App)

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download

MultiWii for Windows (Store App)

Post by 3.14159 »

I've released an app to facilitate basic tuning via Bluetooth from Windows 8.1/RT. It's still very new (only a week old!) so I could really use some beta testers to try it out.
Functionally, it does work, but you may still find it a little rough around the edges. I've also only been able to test it on my own MW 2.3 quad, so I would like to know how it fares on other setups.
It's by no means intended as a replacement for MultiWiiConf, more for in the field tuning.

I'd very much like to hear your experiences and opinions, as well as improvements and bugs so that I can plan what to do next.
More features will be added in the future. It currently only allows PID tuning and viewing of motor and RC data.

A similar Windows Phone 8.1 app is also in the works, but isn't quite ready yet.

Get it here!: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/m ... 161bd4180a

Note that the platform requires you to have already paired your MultiWii before using the app. The MultiWiis bluetooth module needs to be set up in the same way as has been necessary for the e.g. the Android bluetooth tuning app (115200 baud).
Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

treym

Re: MultiWii for Windows (Store App)

Post by treym »

3.14159 wrote:It's by no means intended as a replacement for MultiWiiConf, more for in the field tuning.

thanks for sharing

there is a need for third party , cause not everyone is using java ..

Please ensure that your msp implementation is freely available under gpl for review and msp compliance.

regards,

izeman

Post by izeman »

treym wrote:... there is a need for third party , cause not everyone is using java ..

no only java. you imho need windows 8.1 to run it as well - at least this is what the store says. this limits it's circle of users quite a bit. i'd like to see a "regular" windows exe.

treym

Post by treym »

Android , io , windows , chrome , unix , mobil , tablette.

From beginner to experienced .

Who is not looking for quality ?

Post by 3.14159 »

Thanks for the interest.

An update has just been released, which adds compass and orientation visualisation.

Would like to hear of any bugs!

Eugene_skr

Post by Eugene_skr »

is it working with bluetooth 2.0 or bluetooth 4.0?

Post by 3.14159 »

I've tested the app using a Surface Pro, which has v4.0 built in, and a v4.0 dongle from a desktop. However, the JY-MCU bluetooth modules that are commonly used with MultiWii are V2.0.
Either way, the set up does work, and I've had success with both tests.