Downloading revisions from MWC Code Repository

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
spagoziak

Downloading revisions from MWC Code Repository

Post by spagoziak »

Hi folks,

I just figured out how to see code revisions on the google code site for the MWC... but I'm not sure of how to download them. I'd like to try the newest, r214, but I don't see the usual "download raw file" link like what is available for official dev releases.

Is it as simple as copying the various files and pasting them over the existing code in the tabs?

spag

Hamburger

Re: Downloading revisions from MWC Code Repository

Post by Hamburger »

either in Browse go to trunk, select each file, click 'raw file' on right side, save the file, repeat for all files
or
in Checkout, do as described there ( get a subversion client for your os - cannot help you there, under unices it is just that, subversion svn)

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

which one is currently the best dev version? I have the atmel ave i1 here i'd like to test fly his weekend. i understand that max correction will be dropped?

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

the last developments are always here:
for the main code:
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... 2FMultiWii
for the gui:
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... ltiWiiConf

and sometimes, I make some full snapshots with .exe in order to ease the work for those who don't know exactly how to compile everything. here:
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... ev_version

currently, the best one is the last r214

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Thank you! I found a program called TortoiseSVN that lets me browse the repository and keep abreast of changes in a clean way. Very cool, I had no idea this existed! I've been just waiting for your full snapshots, thinking that was all that you were posting!

New question--when I upload 214, do I need to find a 214-compatible Config, too?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

you really mean upload? in svn terminology this would indiciate you pushing your local code into the repsository@google.

for the revisions Alex does not normalize the config.h but uploads whatever he uses (most always quadx setup). So yes, you have to go over the config.h carefully and change it more than with the release versions.

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Oop, didn't mean upload, then! I was referring to whatever you call pushing code to the arduino.

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Me again! Can someone advise me on how to compile MultiwiiConfig.pde into an .exe? I tried choosing Sketch > Verify/Compile in Arduino 0022 and got a giant pile of errors and certainly no exe!

I certainly have no idea what I'm doing :)

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

spagoziak wrote:Me again! Can someone advise me on how to compile MultiwiiConfig.pde into an .exe? I tried choosing Sketch > Verify/Compile in Arduino 0022 and got a giant pile of errors and certainly no exe!

Well, it seems I must have divided by 0 between my ears... the mwc config.exe that's already compiled with 0714 works fine.. just had to reset the arduino :oops:

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

so should i download svn/ trunk/ dev_version/ MultiWii_dev20110714.zip extract, then over write those files with the latest revisions and upload?

What about the config? should i just use the one in svn/ trunk/ dev_version/ MultiWii_dev20110714.zip

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

captaingeek wrote:so should i download svn/ trunk/ dev_version/ MultiWii_dev20110714.zip extract, then over write those files with the latest revisions and upload?

What about the config? should i just use the one in svn/ trunk/ dev_version/ MultiWii_dev20110714.zip

Yeah! You could do that and it would work. Though grab the config.h from the latest r version from svn/tags/trunk/multiwii.

I just started using TortoiseSVN yesterday, and it makes this stuff quite easy. Once you've got it installed, go to where you keep your code versions on your computer and right click in the open space there. Your right-click-menu will have some tortoise options, one of which is SVN Checkout. Give it this URL (http://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/) and the newest versions of the repository will download to your machine in short order! For me, I copy the fresh revision folder into a separate folder and modify it there.

spag

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

thanks a lot!!

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

spagoziak wrote:Me again! Can someone advise me on how to compile MultiwiiConfig.pde into an .exe? I tried choosing Sketch > Verify/Compile in Arduino 0022 and got a giant pile of errors and certainly no exe!

look here? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=190

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Nice, thanks! I hadn't noticed that one in there :)