Arduino Uno connected to MultiWii v2.5

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ahmedamr92

Arduino Uno connected to MultiWii v2.5

Post by ahmedamr92 »

I am trying to control the multiWii using Arduino Uno.
I've written a simple code on the arduino uno just to check for the version of mulitWii. But nothing received from the MultiWii.

This is the code on the arduino.

Code: Select all

int Byte; 

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200); // Serial Monitor
  Serial1.begin(115200); // Mwii

}

void loop() {

/* Data request */
  Serial1.write('$');
  Serial1.write('M');
  Serial1.write('<');
  Serial1.write(100); // supposedly returns multiWii version

/* Read Data from Mwii */
  while (Serial1.available() > 0) {

Byte = Serial1.read(); 
    Serial.println(Byte); // Print data from Multiwii

}

}

o_lampe

Re: Arduino Uno connected to MultiWii v2.5

Post by o_lampe »

What exactly do you mean with multiWii v2.5?
If this is a FC-board, how did you setup the config.h to talk to your Uno board?

Why did you put your Uno-code in the "loop"?

Geebles

Post by Geebles »

Youre creating a soft serial at 115200 baud? Good luck with that.. thats probably why its not working..

use 'Serial' to transmit to multiwii, then use 'Serial1' with an extra usb-serial bridge at 9600 baud (or something) to display it back to you. Or get a MEGA...

or even better, rather than using 'PC -> Serial -> Arduino -> Serial -> Multiwii' just cut out the middle man and go 'PC -> Serial -> Multiwii' ... I wrote something in Java, you can basically use the multiwiiconf as an example (although thats in Processing but the main points are still there)

RSWeaverAz

Post by RSWeaverAz »

ahmedamr92 »
Does it have CRIUS printed on front or does it say icstation.com on the back?
I have the icstation MultiWii SE version 2.5 partially working (on the bench at least).
Its was loaded with a sketch from the factory but appears to be some kind of test routine (green led blinks).
Presently have MultiWii v 2.3 installed on it with oled, i2c-gps-nav, crius neo-6 gps (ublox), and using WinGui 2.2.
Still de-bugging the oled, got it to display "MultiWii SE 2230 QUAD-X" ... but nothing else :(

I could see you using arduino to feed signals into the multiwii (RC Receiver emulator?),
but the WinGui 2.2 is just to slick not to use! I suppose you could have technical reasons not to run the WinGui,
but highly recomend it.

I also have the CRIUS Multiwii SE v2.5 still in the box it was delivered in (Thought the icstation was DOA, and it does have the FTDI connector, which the icstation version does not) , haven't tested CRIUS yet.

any questions feel free to contact.