Very weak pitch gyro response on 714 dev

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
spagoziak

Very weak pitch gyro response on 714 dev

Post by spagoziak »

Hi folks,

Has anyone had trouble with adjusting these lines causing almost 0 sensitivity on one or more gyro axes? I tried adjusting this section in the 714 dev and pitch and roll pretty much went dead in the graph.

Instead I adjusted the default board orientation section in the sensor tab... that made everything work properly. Am I using this wrong?

Code: Select all

//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
//#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
//#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = X; magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

I'm using:
Genuine WMP
BMP180 on the 0x82 address
Ard Pro Mini, all sensors running on 3.3v.
Internal pullups disabled (have a 3v3 resister setup on the shield)

spag

babelo

Re: Very weak pitch gyro response on 714 dev

Post by babelo »

Hi,

In the past i got same issue because i did not read well the line , as you can see in dev version inside
config.h

#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}

It show how to reverse X and Y, i'm agree it is not a good sample, it show how to switch two axis, i think you
want to do :

#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -X; gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}

That's only why

spagoziak

Re: Very weak pitch gyro response on 714 dev

Post by spagoziak »

The trouble I had is adjusting those lines in config.h would null one or more axes. If I changed the line at the top of sensors.pde, everything works fine.