MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Hifly

Re: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

Post by Hifly »

Hi Shikra,
two issues I found with pre1.3:
- Amps Adj. values will not be saved. Changing value via RC works fine.
- Simulator Control can't be turned off

Really like the OSD 3way switch.
Thanks for the great work.

shikra

Post by shikra »

@Hifly. thanks for testing.

Simulator button on GUI is corrected.
I'll check out the current sensor values.

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

shikra wrote:@Hifly. thanks for testing.

While you are checking that out, I'm not sure if you noticed my update, but perhaps you could check this out too ?

"cell count adjustment via stick movement is non-functional (instead it adjusts the line below)."

-=dave

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

tungsten2k wrote:
shikra wrote:@Hifly. thanks for testing.

While you are checking that out, I'm not sure if you noticed my update, but perhaps you could check this out too ?

"cell count adjustment via stick movement is non-functional (instead it adjusts the line below)."

I just had a better idea :) [but perhaps too late for this release]

Many of us are using both 3 and 4 cell batteries on our miniquads. I always have to go into my OSD and manually set the cell count. It would be awesome to support 2 different configurations, and be asked on startup which config to use; you could even pre-select the best guess, based on the voltage (since the overlap between 3S and 4S is only relevant if a 4S battery was discharged to less than 3.2v).

Anyway, food for thought.

Thanks for all the hard work shikra !

-=dave

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

And finally... when you're ready to do your final release, let me know and I will generate a DMG with the working Macintosh app pkg for you to include in the final release (so that Mac users do not have to manually go in and update the permissions on the Java executable within the .app bundle). I think you have my email on that.

-=dave

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

In 1.3pre1 I'm getting an "AUTO" sporatically flashing in the compass area (see video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_kJ3wxNU6I

And another enhancement request: If after holding sticks solid for 5 adjustments, switch to adjusting in increments of 10 the next time the users passes a digit that ends with "0".

Example: RSSI MAX is set to 128 and user is trying to change it to 90... User holds stick to the left, for 8 seconds then on second 9, when they are going off 120, the next decrement is 110, the next is 100, the next is 90, ...).

This will make fast adjustments of 8-bit resolution parameters much easier. What do others think ?

-=dave

shikra

Post by shikra »

@ tungsten2k thanks for time to test this out and provide the feedback. really appreciated. Yes sorry I did miss your comment. On the bug list to be tested and fixed this week

large adjustments when holding sticks - yes I think thats OK to do. Will put on list for 1.4 . It might be a little different to reduce memory, but basically give the same.

This one comes up quite often so have have updated FAQ - its at no 12.
https://code.google.com/p/multiwii-osd/wiki/FAQ
If still not right let me know what controller software and version you are using + whats set in config.h

Cell count - I will check out. Quite probable - lots of changes to the menu structure to save memory. Might not be until weds.

3/4 batteries
note cell count is only used when battery icon capacity is use d- so purely cosmetic.
How about this approach:
Auto cell option in config
- auto detect cell size based upon if volts > cells*4.3 then thats no cells = cells+1 so 3s would be >8.6v, 4 s >12.9 and so on
- auto set voltage warning based upon a cell voltage specified in config. Say 3.4v as default.

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

shikra wrote:#2
This one comes up quite often so have have updated FAQ - its at no 12.
If still not right let me know what controller software and version you are using + whats set in config.h

Yes, you helped me with one of my first questions on this :)

Unfortunately my config.h is set correctly to "BASEFLIGHT", running on Flip32+, Cleanflight, Witesphy minimOSD with KV mod. Normally, if this is incorrect, "DISARM" is printed in the compass. I have disabled several features and menu pages (since I am not using GPS) so I will retry with default config.h with only correct target selected and let you know if behavior changes.
shikra wrote:#4
3/4 batteries
note cell count is only used when battery icon capacity is use d- so purely cosmetic.
How about this approach:
Auto cell option in config
- auto detect cell size based upon if volts > cells*4.3 then that's no cells = cells+1 so 3s would be >8.6v, 4 s >12.9 and so on
- auto set voltage warning based upon a cell voltage specified in config. Say 3.4v as default.

Sounds good ! My big concern is the other direction... accidentally detecting a dead 4S as a full 3S, which is why I suggested the possibility of a manual confirmation, or at least reporting the detected cell count the first 5 seconds of flight. However, we can see how well it works in practice and go from there: I may be worrying for nothing ? Regardless, the goal is to have the correct alarms set, however we get there :)

-=dave

Deet

Post by Deet »

IF you are switching cell counts all the time, why not just monitor cell1 via the balance ports on whatever lipo you use, then your alarms are based on the same voltage all the time, and you get used to looking for the same voltages no matter pack size

I know heli guys who do this between various airframes from 3 cell to 14 cell setups, they find it much easier to simply work on a set percentage of 4.2v when flying

shikra

Post by shikra »

@ tungsten - try adding HEADINGCORRECT into config.h file as follows

#ifdef BASEFLIGHT
#define AMPERAGECORRECT // required to use Higher MW amperage but with less resolution
#define HEADINGCORRECT // required to correct for MWheading being 0>360 vs MWII -180>+180
#endif

I'm getting different feedback about the need for this so I am unsure if it should be added or not!
I want to get it right for both cleanflight and baseflight for 1.3 I know I'm going to have to try out for myself with the latest versions of each...

shikra

Post by shikra »

Amps adjust issue confirmed and fixed. Bug on the gui...
Sim control OK for me. I think maybe this was an issue on the first pre-release...

Hifly wrote:Hi Shikra,
two issues I found with pre1.3:
- Amps Adj. values will not be saved. Changing value via RC works fine.
- Simulator Control can't be turned off

Really like the OSD 3way switch.
Thanks for the great work.

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

subaru4wd wrote:......I am able to flash the arduino code to my OSD board no problem, but then when I connect to the COM port with the MWOSD GUI, None of the settings will stick. If I change a switch, seconds later the switch reverts back to the original location. No matter what I do, writing does not actually write, and reading will always refresh the default settings. If I disable OSD simulation in the GUI, i can move switches... but clicking write does nothing, and no settings are ever saved. This is using the latest MWOSD v1.2, however the same results with v1.1 and v1.0. My hardware is the Witespy board.

I have tried this using two different FTDI programmers (verified 5V), and i have five OSD boards here, all do the exact same thing. No matter what, the GUI doesnt communicate. ......

I am new to this and I have the exact same problem/situation: I just can't get the changes to stick. Witespy board (two of them). Writing config to OSD will appear like it is writing (flashed TX letters). But if I'd do a Read immediately after Write, nothing was written. Tried 1.2, 1.2+, 1.3pre.

It works, stock settings. I'd get GPS coord., etc. but some info is outside of viewing area.

I just can't get it to take and store my config.

I have Win7 Pro 64bit. And I run the .exe file in folder "application.windows32". Is this a/the problem?

Do I need to clear EEPROM ? I downloaded its .ino file but don't know how to use it.

Help!!!!

Deet

Post by Deet »

Are you sure you have the correct GUI version. The GUI has to match the sketch version. Not being able to WRITE is one of the issues you will see with a version mismatch

shikra

Post by shikra »

Yes, that would get my vote too. Thanks Deet.

Update the FAQ - its #13

shikra

Post by shikra »

See next post :)

tungsten2k wrote:

-=dave

shikra

Post by shikra »

Hello third and hopefully last pre-release with all the bugs / issues raised so far fixed (subject to testers confirmation)
My only concern is compass heading / amperage from flight controller on baseflight and cleanflight is untested.

also.....

!! by popular interest... introduction of standalone GPS based MWOSD !!
Its untested in flight however has been run with a simulator for considerable time and number of tests.

This beta release is available here.
https://drive.google.com/a/mitel.com/uc ... t=download

If nothing major comes up it will be renamed into full 1.3 release in 2 weeks.

Summary of features added / changes / bugfixes since 1.2
------------------------------------
+ OSD - introduction of GPS based (no FC) standalone OSD support
+ OSD - alarms for distance, altitude, speed, mAh, amps and flytime
+ OSD - large font option
+ OSD - additional MAP mode for advanced pilots
+ OSD - added alarms adjust page for Distance / Altitude / Speed / mah / Current
+ OSD - Increase trip maximum
+ OSD - fast value change in menus
+ OSD - FULLAHI option increased

+ GUI - OSD layouts can be edited from GUI
+ GUI - 256 OSD layouts can be created / stored on GUI
+ GUI - 10 preset and new layouts - ground station and standalone
+ GUI - Alarm adjustment options
+ GUI - added callsign to simulator
+ GUI - call sign position can be edited via GUI
+ GUI - added read & write to OSD verification check.
+ GUI - significantly improved GUI simulator response time for OSD display.
+ GUI - added names to GUI layouts
+ GUI - optional Auto PAL/NTSC detect
+ GUI - tidy up layout editor group
+ GUI - added GUI layout name to editor group bar
+ GUI - map modes selectable in GUI instead of config
+ GUI - implementation or URL links for support/ faq / guides / donate etc.
+ GUI - support for different baud rates
+ GUI - relayout to increase screen space
+ GUI - option for OEM name rebranding
+ GUI - GUI / OSD version check
+ GUI - version / name moved to window title
+ GUI - switches turn green when enabled
+ GUI - small improvement to baud rate change handling on GUI
+ GUI - improved simulator toggle handling.
+ GUI - removed naff donate link and added jpg button.

+ CONFIG - option for OSD switch 3 position
+ CONFIG - option for prominent "low voltage" text warning
+ CONFIG - option for displaying low voltage in blank screens
+ CONFIG - option in config to define callsign display frequency and duration
+ CONFIG - option to amend blackbrightness for TX/CAM with compatibility issues
+ CONFIG - definition to support CLEANFLIGHT
+ CONFIG - option to specify minimum sats for a fix
+ CONFIG - predefined baud rate settings

+ DEBUG - GUI - Write attempt value added

+ BUGFIX - LOW VOLTS displayed only when ARMED/DISARMED is clear.
+ BUGFIX - OSD menu for cells/vid volts incorrect
+ BUGFIX - Unable to save AMP changes on GUI
+ BUGFIX - OSD menu for sensors display incorrect
+ BUGFIX - GUI - bugfixes to hidden font upload message text. Cosmetic
+ BUGFIX - GUI - bugfixes to remove system warnings on WIN64 or compiler.
+ BUGFIX - RX led not working. Cosmetic
+ BUGFIX - Removed code causing warnings / unnecessary system printing
+ BUGFIX - using incorrect GPSlat/lon position
+ BUGFIX - GPSlat/lon positions were interlinked

Deet

Post by Deet »

What GPS do you suggest for the stand-alone version?

szakacs

Post by szakacs »

Is it possible to pick up GPS time from the FC.
I have a MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module and I am playing with Alexinparis pre 2.4 code and configuring the GPS with
MTK_BINARY16. Since the FC is retrieving that information could that not be passed to the OSD ??

shikra

Post by shikra »

I've tested with standard NEMA GPS emulator and also a UBLOX emulator and seemed to be OK

I had an old UBLOX based crius GPS in my boy of bits. Tried that and it seemed to work OK. Was quite good because the connector fitted straight on - although I had to swap some of the pins around

Deet wrote:What GPS do you suggest for the stand-alone version?

shikra

Post by shikra »

On 2.3 there is a patch available from Haydent that will enable the GPS time to be pulled through to the OSD. He was planning to make this available for 2.4, but its not done yet.

szakacs wrote:Is it possible to pick up GPS time from the FC.
I have a MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module and I am playing with Alexinparis pre 2.4 code and configuring the GPS with
MTK_BINARY16. Since the FC is retrieving that information could that not be passed to the OSD ??

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

I tried the 1.3 Pre3 with HaraKiri on DragonFly32 and a Witespy OSD board.

It looked good to me. Flew once before dark. Info seemed to pass down from DragonFly correctly (GPS and Voltages). I don't have a current sensor to work with, so I skip that.

Display is good. Stick control menu is good. Good editing of layout on GUI.

Two Issues:
1. How do you insert Temperature like older versions ?

2. Mode (flight) doesn't change from "Acro". I was expecting it to switch to RTH or GPS when I was in those modes. May be HaraKiri doesn't pass such info.

Those are nice-to-have issues. Other than that, I really like how it functions.

Thanks for all that you do, Shikra.

tingqueji

Post by tingqueji »

Armed = linked to the throttle position and uses a combination of linear and exponential equation to emulate a typical current draw>>throttle position mapping
Vthrottle+(Vthrottle*Vthrottle*0.02)

best makeup brushes
matte Eyeshadow Palette

shikra

Post by shikra »

@spotter6

temperature... mmm sorry I actually though no-one ever used it! mmm will clearly have to reconsider that. I'll take a look next week and let you know.

mode - no idea with harakiri. maybe ask on that thread if its sent?

boogyman12

Post by boogyman12 »

Spotter6 wrote:
subaru4wd wrote:......I am able to flash the arduino code to my OSD board no problem, but then when I connect to the COM port with the MWOSD GUI, None of the settings will stick. If I change a switch, seconds later the switch reverts back to the original location. No matter what I do, writing does not actually write, and reading will always refresh the default settings. If I disable OSD simulation in the GUI, i can move switches... but clicking write does nothing, and no settings are ever saved. This is using the latest MWOSD v1.2, however the same results with v1.1 and v1.0. My hardware is the Witespy board.

I have tried this using two different FTDI programmers (verified 5V), and i have five OSD boards here, all do the exact same thing. No matter what, the GUI doesnt communicate. ......

I am new to this and I have the exact same problem/situation: I just can't get the changes to stick. Witespy board (two of them). Writing config to OSD will appear like it is writing (flashed TX letters). But if I'd do a Read immediately after Write, nothing was written. Tried 1.2, 1.2+, 1.3pre.

It works, stock settings. I'd get GPS coord., etc. but some info is outside of viewing area.

I just can't get it to take and store my config.

I have Win7 Pro 64bit. And I run the .exe file in folder "application.windows32". Is this a/the problem?

Do I need to clear EEPROM ? I downloaded its .ino file but don't know how to use it.

Help!!!!

I have hit this issue as well. Using a fresh download of 1.2, confirmed working FTDI (actual FTDI, not the knockoff ones) programmer. Couldn't get the GUI to push the settings to the board, but I finally found something that works.

Every time I want to change settings, I have to "reset to defaults" in the GUI, load my settings from a saved config, change whatever settings I want, then write the settings. It seems to only work on the first write after I reset to defaults.. not for subsequent writes. If I want to change a different setting, I have to go back through the reset and repeat.

ccsj

Post by ccsj »

Neat trick. I have to give that a try. I'm also having problem flashing my board. I got a buddy to flash for me and seems to work with his set up on baseflight. I hooked it up on clean flight and got the welcome screen and able to edit PID but that's all.... No telemetry osd overlay. I thought I config the port correctly to turn off telemetry in cleanflight... Not giving up yet.

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

What does "AHI" stand for ? A google showed no obvious answer, so I suggest possibly expanding this definition in Config.h

Code: Select all

//#define FULLAHI                   // Enable to display a slightly longer AHI line

-=dave

Spotter6

Post by Spotter6 »

boogyman12 wrote:

I have hit this issue as well. Using a fresh download of 1.2, confirmed working FTDI (actual FTDI, not the knockoff ones) programmer. Couldn't get the GUI to push the settings to the board, but I finally found something that works.

Every time I want to change settings, I have to "reset to defaults" in the GUI, load my settings from a saved config, change whatever settings I want, then write the settings. It seems to only work on the first write after I reset to defaults.. not for subsequent writes. If I want to change a different setting, I have to go back through the reset and repeat.

In my case, after being sure the GUI came from the same version folder, it was low voltage. Come to think of it, USB power has to feed both FTDI and OSD, and still maintain enough high voltage to program EEPROM. USB voltage out of computer was approx. 5v, but after FTDI, it dropped to 4.7v-4.8v

And that was no load with OSD not attached!

Best solution was a separate BEC (I used 3amp, 5.3v) directly feed the OSD. Leave Vcc line not connected to FTDI and only signals and ground connected to FTDI. Not a problem since then.

Follow the WHOLE procedure every time:
Wipe EEPROM clean. (Arduino 1.0.6)
Load the software. "

Use GUI from same downloaded folder.
Load and upload Font
Make your preference on the switches, save in a file
Upload.

GigaHurtz

Post by GigaHurtz »

Hello everyone,

First off - thank you to the developers for working on this amazing firmware. I really like the new features and can't wait to use it. I've been using KVOSD 2.3, but it turns out it has issues with PatrikE's FixedWing firmware, so I'm moving to MultiWii OSD.

That said, I've run into an issue. The OSD text flickers on the video feed. I've verified that it does not occur with the KVOSD firmware on the same Witespy minimOSD board with the same hardware setup configuration, so I can only surmise that it is software related. The flickering occurs even if my camera is disconnected (OSD overlays on black video feed). I tried enabling #define FASTPIXEL, but that didn't do the trick. I'm running the R1.3 firmware.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks a bunch for any guidance!

EDIT: #define USE_VSYNC fixed it completely!

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

shikra wrote:Hello third and hopefully last pre-release with all the bugs / issues raised so far fixed (subject to testers confirmation)
My only concern is compass heading / amperage from flight controller on baseflight and cleanflight is untested.

• fast value change in OSD works well
  • cell count adj in OSD now works
  • "AUTO" text in compass heading on witespy board with cleanflight resolved (although I did not go back to do the troubleshooting steps you requested on Pre1, so it could be doing an erase-full-upload may have resolved on Pre1 too ? (shrug)
  • 3-position OSD layout works great (this is awesome ! - full OSD; minimum RSSI volts, and flight time; and "clear sky" :)
  • unconditional voltage alarm works well, even from "clear sky" layout
  • Still issue: Mac users still have to change permissions on the application stub inside the app pkg in order to launch (I know this is because you don't have a Mac, so I can modify the binary with the correct permissions and send you the DMG image so you can include it fixed in the final release for Mac users - I suggested this last time too. I'll respond to your email on it.)
Lookin' good :)

-=dave

shikra

Post by shikra »

@boogeyman12

can you pm me your settings when can't save - see if I can replicate the issue.

shikra

Post by shikra »

@tungsten2k

AHI = artificial horizon indicator

for the mac stuff, yeah send me a pm. I was trying to find the post to follow up but couldnt.
Sounds positive on the changes/fixes. Thanks for testing and feedback.

For the 3 way switch - its an interim. Next release will be a better implementation - possibly with option of selecting a HUD layout for middle switch position

eijo

Post by eijo »

Hi Shikra,

I've now tried the 1.3 pre3 release:

- Cleanflight@Flip32+ Quad
- Windows 7 64 with AMD processor (old one with 1Gbyte RAM and 2100+ processor)
- Arduino 1.0.6

1. Compling with Arduino 1.0.6 - Works perfekt. No problems.
2. Starting the GUI in Windows 7 64 - Works also now. Starts very slow - takes minutes! But I think I found the main problem in my setup. I had like 10 virtual Bluetooth COM ports, when I removed all of them except one besides my hardware COM port it starts in 20 seconds from clicking the batch file. I guess that it is some timeout for checking each COM port during startup?
3. Running the GUI in Windows 7 64 - A bit slow, but it works.
- Loading fonts - OK
- Changing GUI, moving Items - OK
- Simulated values - OK
4. Running with Cleanflight - Seems to work on bench. Will try a bit more this evening.

Thank you for the great work you have done! 8-)

eijo

Post by eijo »

I've tried a bit more at the bench. Works fine with voltage, GPS, compass, AHI, altitude etc. A bit lag in the update of compass and AHI, but I guess that it depends on slow update in the soft serial port in Cleanflight? 19200 baud.

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

Okay, so I ran into 2 other OSD config menu issues:

-Enter OSD config menu
-Navigate to "Statistics" page
-R stick-up, as if you are trying to navigate to an editable field on the screen
-Cursor moves to "Exit" control, and then you can't navigate off of the "Exit" control and you can't actually exit
-Execute "Arm" stick sequence in Cleanflight (L stick down->right), flight controller will arm and OSD will exit OSD config menu

Other OSD config menu issue:
"Level" PID and "Mag" P values you can navigate to, but you can't adjust
"Mag" ID values you can't navigate to

Witespy minimOSD w/KVMOD
MWOSD 1.3pre3
Cleanflight 1.7.0 NAZE 15-01-27 12:31-release-candidate
Flip32+ Rev5

-=dave

shikra

Post by shikra »

for
were these issues in 1.2 as well? I had a quick look at code it looks the same as 1.2 - although couple of things do puzzle me about it so I suspect you are correct..

I will check out as soon as I can

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

shikra wrote:for
were these issues in 1.2 as well? I had a quick look at code it looks the same as 1.2 - although couple of things do puzzle me about it so I suspect you are correct..

I will check out as soon as I can

I didn't test them in 1.2, sorry. I found the "Exit" bug by accident and then decided to try every control widget available, which is how I found the other issues.

It only took about 10 minutes so I'll try to do that from now on and encourage others to do the same.

BTW- I forgot to mention 2 other minor things (not a blocker like the other issues): TZ adjustment does not function like the others, it does not auto-advance and does so just once per stick movement. The other is that I wonder if the rate advance might be a bit fast ? It may just be me though :) regardless, it's light years better than previous behavior - thx for that great new featsure !

-=dave

GigaHurtz

Post by GigaHurtz »

Can someone please provide some guidance as to how I can use the OSD SW function? How do I map OSD SW to a certain channel, and what are the valid values that cause a trigger? I'd like to flip a switch on my Turnigy 9X with ER9X to toggle between OSD layouts.

ArmyNifey

Post by ArmyNifey »

Hi All,
I'm a long time reader, first time poster so go easy on me :) Similar to GigaHurtz's post above, I too am trying to get the OSD SW function to work correctly. I'm running a NAZE32 with Baseflight and have ticked all 3 OSD SW boxes against Aux 3. I've also added the following line to the MWOSD config.h file (I'm running 1.3 r3) - #define OSD_SWITCH_3WAY 6
What I am finding is that I am only able to switch between one OSD layout and a blank screen with my 3 way switch even though I have set up Hub Layout - OSD SW with an alternate layout. I've verified that the PWM range is good (1000, 1500, 2000), Am I missing something? I had a read of the FAQ and found this:

Enable #define OSD_SWITCH on multiwii FC
(Not sure if I had to do this in baseflight?)

Assign a switch on the MultiWii GUI to the OSD Switch which will now be visible
(I can't find anywhere within the GUI to assign a switch?)

Hope someone can help!

jordan

Post by jordan »

Is it possible to flash with MWOSD also "mini OSD":
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... odule.html

It's working with uOSD, but MWOSD have nice feature as "current" without additional HW...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123788

Gaijin

Post by Gaijin »

Hi,

I posted the link to this project in the hope of persuading the u osd author to add virtual current support to his project as it is really neat.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30659459&postcount=769

MWosd won't work on a miniosd, they have different goals and hardware, MWosd uses the telemetry of a flight controller to generate an overlay, uosd is a standalone solution that works independently of any flight control.

jordan

Post by jordan »

Then perhaps there is a way to that MWOSD working on mini OSD with NAZE acro ? Don't confuse mini OSD (link in my previous post) and minim OSD

shikra

Post by shikra »

Hi -
in Multiwii, you have to enable #define OSD_SWITCH, then assign a channel on the GUI
On baseflight and cleanflight I can't remember - but check FAQ #11

quote="GigaHurtz"]Can someone please provide some guidance as to how I can use the OSD SW function? How do I map OSD SW to a certain channel, and what are the valid values that cause a trigger? I'd like to flip a switch on my Turnigy 9X with ER9X to toggle between OSD layouts.[/quote]

shikra

Post by shikra »

@tungsten2k:

Exit config statistics page not working as expected
Confirmed --> fixed

Level/Mag not adjustable
Confirmed - Appears to be from original design intent. --> fixed

TZ adjustment operates different to others
Confirmed --> Will leave this as is. Maybe for future optimisation.

Rate advance too fast
Your suggestion so -- > Max change reduced 50% / steps of 5.

ArmyNifey

Post by ArmyNifey »

ArmyNifey wrote:Hi All,
I'm a long time reader, first time poster so go easy on me :) Similar to GigaHurtz's post above, I too am trying to get the OSD SW function to work correctly. I'm running a NAZE32 with Baseflight and have ticked all 3 OSD SW boxes against Aux 3. I've also added the following line to the MWOSD config.h file (I'm running 1.3 r3) - #define OSD_SWITCH_3WAY 6
What I am finding is that I am only able to switch between one OSD layout and a blank screen with my 3 way switch even though I have set up Hub Layout - OSD SW with an alternate layout. I've verified that the PWM range is good (1000, 1500, 2000), Am I missing something? I had a read of the FAQ and found this:

Enable #define OSD_SWITCH on multiwii FC
(Not sure if I had to do this in baseflight?)

Assign a switch on the MultiWii GUI to the OSD Switch which will now be visible
(I can't find anywhere within the GUI to assign a switch?)

Hope someone can help!

Hi Everyone, it would seem that the latest 1.3 R4 release has fixed the issue I was having, it is working a treat now. Thanks Shikra for your hard work/

bulesz

Post by bulesz »

Guys, just a quick question: making/having a graphics OSD instead of charset (sprite) based is hardware (MinimOSD) or software limited? For example having a quicker response horizon line... ?

Many thanks,
B

peacefulhill

Post by peacefulhill »

I'm having a strange issue with camera compatibility. After doing some changes in the config.h file for mwosd and reflashing suddenly I could no longer get overlays (camera image fine though). After restoring previous settings and also testing kvosd which was working before I noticed that the overlay show correctly when not having the Vin connected at all. Started troubleshooting video mode (pal / ntsc) but to no avail. Finally as a last step before assuming hw failure, I tested with another camera and it worked like a charm. Does anyone have a clue as to what may affect if a camera works or not? Both cameras are sony, one is a 650 tvl wdr something (no osd, worked fine before) and the other a 600 tvl super had ii (still works) both pal. I notived a use_vsync setting. What does it do, any chance that use_vsync will fix it? I'll test it anyways, but I don't really understand what to expect from that setting.

I would be most grateful for any assistance!

truhlik_fredy

Post by truhlik_fredy »

Nice OSD, I like it a lot, works pretty well. I have just one issue, I have headfree and head adjust modest setup to a pot (to save on Rx channels and save switches on transition). Now it's very easy to set it up to same undesired mode and forget it. Would be possible to add this mode to the OSD as well? I can see return to home, auto hold, acro, horizon, but I would like to have headfree & head-adjust added to them so I can clearly see in which mode I'm.

truhlik_fredy

Post by truhlik_fredy »

Nice OSD, I like it a lot, works pretty well. I have just one issue, I have headfree and head adjust modest setup to a pot (to save on Rx channels and save switches on transition). Now it's very easy to set it up to same undesired mode and forget it. Would be possible to add this mode to the OSD as well? I can see return to home, auto hold, acro, horizon, but I would like to have headfree & head-adjust added to them so I can clearly see in which mode I'm.

jsystem

Post by jsystem »

I have a strange issue upgrading fw from 1.2 to 1.3 :(
I used to able to perform upgrades before (1.1 and also 1.2 successfully)
FTDI232, all lines connected to MinimOSD (except BLK)

source could not be compiled with latest arduino but with oldish 1.0.6:

After upload I get this error all the time:
Binary sketch size: 29,310 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0002
0x5d != 0x05
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

log shows avrdude uses 57600 speed
both FTDI TX/RX led blinks fast for ~30-40 secs during upload so bytes are being sent somewhere :)

Reset command seems to be executed when upload starts I can see the blue led goes off till end of upload

FTDI and connections must be ok because current 1.2 works correctly even after these unsuccessful uploads, I still can configure current 1.2 with GUI so I'm lost here.

Please, suggest me what should I try / what I missed.

Deet

Post by Deet »

what board type do you have selected?