MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ABL

Re: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

Post by ABL »

Georges41 wrote:Do you think that, NORMALLY, it is possible to have the screen on my Goggles by using only the FAT SHARK+CAM and the Simulator of the KV_Team_GUI?

KV_team_gui is different stuff, for different software.

Georges41 wrote:I have any image and maybe I missed something at the level of config.h file?

Have any image?
You won't have image from cam on your computer screen, but should be able to see on your goggles. No, simulator or configurator won't show image from your cam (but you can capture it with easycap or other HW if needed), it's for configuring settings.

To clarify:
- do you have your FPV system working without OSD?
- what exactly problem do you have?
- what you expect to see and where?

Georges41

Post by Georges41 »

Hi ABL,
I am speaking only on the images on the Goggles. Of coarse you are right. It is stupid to try to see some thing on the PC as long as it is not properly connected.
To clarify:
a) Yes, I have a 5.8 GHz FAT SHARK TX + CAM and RX integrated on Goggles. Tested separately and working OK.
b) By using an FPV-OSD application, for instance KV-Team-OSD 2.3, on a MAVLinkOSD V2.0 board, to obtain an image+parameters on the Goggles. I am not able to obtain any image on the Goggles expecting to receive signal from the TX+MAVLinkOSD+CAM.
c) I would like to see images from the CAMERA including the parameters from the FC MW AIO 2560 board. What I wanted to see, on the Goggles, for the beguinning, by using the KV-Team-GUI application Simulator, were the images + some values of parameters.
Not being able to see that I connected the MAVLink Board+CAM+TX to FC MW. Unfortunately any image on the Goggles even in this case.

Yours, Georges

ABL

Post by ABL »

Stop mixing all together.
No, seriously.
- KV-whatever has nothing to do here, period. Forget it, delete and do not use. You have GUI included with MW-OSD
- MavLink has nothing to do here. Not sure if you're talking about original software (arducam or arducam-extra), or just about OSD. Anyway, no MavLink here
- you won't see images on PC screen from your camera

Back to questions - you had image with cam + goggles connected. OK. Connected board (flashed with MW-OSD? Pics?) and now you get no image at all? Looks like something is not powered on
You can connect to board using mw-osd GUI?

shikra

Post by shikra »

@georges41
Just use the default config.h file
Do you have video from the camera? - if no - check your wiring and that correct voltages / jumpers on osd are set.
If yes you have video but no OSD, make sure PAL/NTSC is set correctly.

@visper - uh oh - don't liek sound of that. I don't want to upgrade mine then :) I'll find another machine and check it out.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

The minim don't like some of my cameras.
When i run a 808 keychain cam thru the OSD everything works fine.
But not if i connect a Sony Super HAD CCD 600TVL or another noname securitycam.
Video passes thru but the overlay disappear.
When i disconnect the camera Overlay appears again.

Both cameras is 12v but i only connect gnd & Video to OSD.
On the VidOut is a VTX and 5V supply.
Any Idés?

theailer

Post by theailer »

It has to be a pal/NTSC mismatch. Change it so both camera and osd is the same.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Yep.. thats most common cause.
Dont forget to restart after changing pal/ntsc settings. Its mandatory to work correctly

shadowjig

Post by shadowjig »

Does the MWOSD firmware send data back to the a Naze32 via MSP? I'm specifically looking for current usage (current and mah used).

I've setup the MWOSD (using the KV Team Witespy hardware) to read the current from an Attopilot current/voltage sensor. I've already got the pack voltage going into the Naze32 for voltage monitoring and it's being feed back to my Taranis via telemetry.

I want to get the current and mah used data from the OSD to the Naze32 so it will be transmitted back to my Taranis via telemetry. Can this be done now? Or would the firmware need to be enhanced?

Thanks.

Georges41

Post by Georges41 »

shikra wrote:@georges41
Just use the default config.h file
Do you have video from the camera? - if no - check your wiring and that correct voltages / jumpers on osd are set.
If yes you have video but no OSD, make sure PAL/NTSC is set correctly.

@visper - uh oh - don't liek sound of that. I don't want to upgrade mine then :) I'll find another machine and check it out.

@shikra
Yes, I have image on the Goggles RX when connected directly the CAMERA to FAT SHARK TX. When I connect the CAMERA to the FAT SHARK TX, through the MAVLink OSD V2.0 board( configured PAL) I have any image on the Goggles. The CAMERA is powered directly from the FAT SHARK TX, not passing through the MAVLink OSD V2.0 board. The couple FAT SHARKTX+ CAMERA IS POWERED FROM A Lipo. The only connectors used on the MAVLink board are Sinal IN, GRD, Signal OUT, GRD. The MAVLink OSD board is powered from the PC or from the FC MW AIO 2560 board. Each time any image on the Goggles.
The MAVLink OSD board shows some LED's ON as indicating the receive of a data stream even from the PC Simulator or from the FC board, depending the case.

Maybe something is wrong on the MAVLink board, at the level of MAX7456 level.

Yours, Georges

ABL

Post by ABL »

shadowjig wrote:Does the MWOSD firmware send data back to the a Naze32 via MSP?

No, but you can do in reverse - read current on NAZE32 (spare ADC's) and send to minim. You will get better resolution this way and no need to send data back.
Georges41 wrote:When I connect the CAMERA to the FAT SHARK TX, through the MAVLink OSD V2.0 board( configured PAL) I have any image on the Goggles.

mavlink board? 2.0? Do you have in mind MinimOSD board?
Also, "have any any image" means "no image"?
Better do a photo....

ervinelin

Post by ervinelin »

@shikra - Thanks! It displayed once I went outdoors! DUH!!

I have another question, I had a few instances which after obtaining lock, the GPS display would go missing only to reappear a few seconds later. When this is done I have a feeling the home position is reset but I need to check again, too busy flying to read the OSD details.

I was wondering if this could be due to some kind of interference?

Using the naze32 and witespy minimOSD board, 1.3ghz VTX and UHF.

The GPS puck is now directly above the vtx.

Thanks!
Ervine

scrat

Post by scrat »

Question about RSSI. I have RSSI cable connected to free pin on atmel proc - minimOSD. And my Rx sending analog RSSI signal. That means I don't need any filter (like on FrSky Rx) for mw-osd software?

shadowjig

Post by shadowjig »

ABL wrote:

No, but you can do in reverse - read current on NAZE32 (spare ADC's) and send to minim. You will get better resolution this way and no need to send data back.

Makes sense, but I cant find any tutorials to help me. I'm ok with soldering a lead on the bottom of the Naze and my sensor is scaled to 3.3v, so I'm good there. But what configuration is needed on the Naze? Do you know of a link to documentation? Also is the current data sent back to the Taranis via telemetry?

Thank you.

shadowjig

Post by shadowjig »

ABL wrote:

Makes sense, but I cant find any tutorials to help me. I'm ok with soldering a lead on the bottom of the Naze and my sensor is scaled to 3.3v, so I'm good there. But what configuration is needed on the Naze? Do you know of a link to documentation? Also is the current data sent back to the Taranis via telemetry?

Thank you.

PatrikE

Re:

Post by PatrikE »

theailer wrote:It has to be a pal/NTSC mismatch. Change it so both camera and osd is the same.

That was the case!...
Thank's

theailer

Post by theailer »

PatrikE wrote:
theailer wrote:It has to be a pal/NTSC mismatch. Change it so both camera and osd is the same.

That was the case!...
Thank's

Np. Glad to help you for once :)

theailer

Post by theailer »

PatrikE wrote:

That was the case!...
Thank's

Np. Glad to help you for once :)

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Just a reflection.
The fonts looks stronger in NTSC than in PAL mode..
I remember now that's why i choose NTSC from start.

It also seems a NTSC cam can be run with PAL settings on OSD but not the opposite way.

ABL

Post by ABL »

shadowjig wrote:But what configuration is needed on the Naze?

https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/wiki/CLI-Variables
See 'power_adc_channel'
shadowjig wrote:Do you know of a link to documentation?

Yes, ofc.
shadowjig wrote:Also is the current data sent back to the Taranis via telemetry?

Yes.

shikra

Post by shikra »

PatrikE wrote:Just a reflection.
The fonts looks stronger in NTSC than in PAL mode..
I remember now that's why i choose NTSC from start.

It also seems a NTSC cam can be run with PAL settings on OSD but not the opposite way.

I had never noticed this, but yes - fonts will probably look bigger on NTSC. There are actually 2 extra OSD lines on a PAL display.
I think you are correct on the other bit too - I noticed that too.

shikra

Post by shikra »

scrat wrote:Question about RSSI. I have RSSI cable connected to free pin on atmel proc - minimOSD. And my Rx sending analog RSSI signal. That means I don't need any filter (like on FrSky Rx) for mw-osd software?

yes - correct

shikra

Post by shikra »

Are you powering the output stage of the OSD board correctly?
if you are not connecting anything to the power pin on the camera/tx 3 pins as you indicate then you have to solder jumpers on teh board. Suggest to speak to your board supplier

Georges41 wrote:@shikra
Yes, I have image on the Goggles RX when connected directly the CAMERA to FAT SHARK TX. When I connect the CAMERA to the FAT SHARK TX, through the MAVLink OSD V2.0 board( configured PAL) I have any image on the Goggles. The CAMERA is powered directly from the FAT SHARK TX, not passing through the MAVLink OSD V2.0 board. The couple FAT SHARKTX+ CAMERA IS POWERED FROM A Lipo. The only connectors used on the MAVLink board are Sinal IN, GRD, Signal OUT, GRD. The MAVLink OSD board is powered from the PC or from the FC MW AIO 2560 board. Each time any image on the Goggles.
The MAVLink OSD board shows some LED's ON as indicating the receive of a data stream even from the PC Simulator or from the FC board, depending the case.

Maybe something is wrong on the MAVLink board, at the level of MAX7456 level.

Yours, Georges

shadowjig

Post by shadowjig »

I've got an issue with connecting using the GUI. When I click connect the GUI connects and everything is green, but all the options are off. I tried reversing the tx and rx, but that didn't fix anything. I had this issue once before and I had to burn the Arduino bootloader to the witespy board, rewrite the sketch.to the board and then it was fine. Since I fixed it the only thing I did was hook it up to my Naze32 board.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could the Naze be corrupting the bootloader?

shikra

Post by shikra »

As checked the wiring suggest the baud rate? R1.1 is hardcoded to 115200. Next release can be amended in config.h

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

shikra, I have just installed and wired up Multiwii OSD R1.1 on my naze and coming across a weird issue.. All seems the display according to the choice I made but for whatever reason the UNARMED status shows up continually even after arming and being able to fly :shock: Its not reckognizing when I arm it...Note I made a google search but my issue is not the arming appearing at the top with the compass.. its just the regular arming/disarming status indicator that is constantly "disarmed"... Any idea please? (Running with naze32 rev5) Tx!

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

In Config.h
#define BASEFLIGHT

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

hey Patrik, I assume I have to add that line.. where exactly, does it matter or not? Even if I am not using Baseflight right? (I am using MultiWii GUI for the Naze)
After that I have to upload the firmware again into the minimOSD right?

Sorry for so many questions, I am a first timer with MW!

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

Ok, got what you meant after researching a bit... so I undefined that line, uploaded again and tried but still the same.. Flight mode icon does NOT change when swapping between flight modes and the DISARMED status does not change despite the fact I do arm it...
I remember that in the regular MW firmware for Naze you had to disable telemetry to make it work..I tried disabling telemetry but am running Harakiri 2.6 which does not recognize that command...whats the command to disable telemetry in H2.6? (It doesn't even appear on "features" so I do not think its enabled but don't know what else to try!

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

Tried with tele_pro = 0...did not help either... any help please???? :cry:

scrat

Post by scrat »

petronioaznar wrote:Ok, got what you meant after researching a bit... so I undefined that line, uploaded again and tried but still the same.. Flight mode icon does NOT change when swapping between flight modes and the DISARMED status does not change despite the fact I do arm it...
I remember that in the regular MW firmware for Naze you had to disable telemetry to make it work..I tried disabling telemetry but am running Harakiri 2.6 which does not recognize that command...whats the command to disable telemetry in H2.6? (It doesn't even appear on "features" so I do not think its enabled but don't know what else to try!

Harakiri supports mavlink. mwosd will not work. Use minimosd-extra FW for harakiri.

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

Thanks for your help scrat.. I had a look and see quite a few firmware versions of the minimosd extra.. which one should I use for my quad?? Up to now I have been using Arduino to upload the sketches to the board.. how do I upload the .hex files, the same way? I have been flying for quite some years but using OpenPilot and feel such a noob now with MW, sorry for bugging you guys, info is hard digest and procedures quite technical! Tx!

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

Okkk, next update, tried with firmware 2.4 hex.. Uploaded it with CT, then uploaded charset... now when I power up the quad the OSD just reads out NOT MAV DATA or something like that... Do I need to enable anything on the naze32??? Tx

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

petronioaznar wrote:Okkk, next update, tried with firmware 2.4 hex.. Uploaded it with CT, then uploaded charset... now when I power up the quad the OSD just reads out NOT MAV DATA or something like that... Do I need to enable anything on the naze32??? Tx

Please go here to ask your questions: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/addin ... o-minimosd

-=dave

shikra

Post by shikra »

@scrat / petronioaznar
I haven't used HARIKIRI, but am advised this does work with it. Someone on the forum is using it. You do need to define options. See next post!!

shikra

Post by shikra »

Hi all, I think its time to put R1.2 beta candidate out for feedback. Its only had a few flights and there has been huge changes, so considerable potential for a few bugs to have crept in!

Video at end shows 8 preset OSD layouts and some of the changes in the first third of the vid. The remaining is similar to the old vid.

Files here:
https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authus ... 3JIRXNRUU0

Key Improvements for R1.2:- OSD

OSD - Support for HUD layouts set by GUI
GUI - 8 Preset OSD layouts can be selected from GUI
OSD - 2 Layouts can be assigned to OSD SWITCH
OSD - OSD ready for future GUI with option to define custom layout
OSD - Increased Amperage display to 999A
OSD - Increased resolution of MAP mode by approx 900%
OSD - MAP mode operation changed - Legacy retained as option
OSD - autodisplay FRSKY cell data if connected
OSD - Added default Baseflight amperage and heading correction support
OSD - vario font amended for sharper display
OSD - MAX chip startup delay configurable for boards with low voltage rise time
OSD - AUTOPILOT indicator as default. Legacy RTH distance retained as option
OSD - Fixedwing Passthrough MODE display support(PatrikE)
OSD - Sats warning if <5 sats
GUI: Layouts can be assigned to OSD SWITCH. Choice reflected on GUI sim
GUI: Simulator - Add FRSKY cells to simulator
GUI: Simulator - Display GPS time and support when OSD GPSTIME enabled
GUI: Simulator - Added support to show map mode
GUI: Many changes to support OSD changes
CONFIG - All major options are now supported by default within memory
CONFIG - Added support for boards with different resistors / pinout
CONFIG - Specified support for HARIKIRI / BASEFLIGHT / MULTIWII
CONFIG - Added specified support for witespy v2 boards
CONFIG - Amperage support for MW2.4 changes
CONFIG - Baud rate option in config.h
CONFIG - FRSKY SPORT option in config.h
CONFIG - FAST PWM RX RSSI support
CONFIG - Intro delay option in config.h
CONFIG - Time zone intro display option in config.h
CONFIG - Freetext displayed using a switch (e.g. "FLAPS" indicator)
bugfix - GPS time ignored when GPSTIME disabled in config
bugfix - min_cell volt correction
bugfix - Fix for RSSI when tx switched off (negative value)

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

Basic smoke test shows R1.2pre1 works on Witespy board with Witespy config define. One minor issue is that on the DISPLAY screen when you move up off the EXIT/SAVE/PAGE (ESP) menu, it moves to a blank entry below MAP MODE selection. If others don't see this, it could be because my GPS TIME screen is disabled ?

BTW: If anyone wants to remove the new OSD menu instructions at boot time, just comment out these lines in GlobalVariables.h by prefixing them with "// ":

const char message6[] PROGMEM = "OPEN MENU: THRT MIDDLE";
const char message7[] PROGMEM = "+YAW RIGHT";
const char message8[] PROGMEM = "+PITCH FULL";

Also, seperate question: is there already a way to have it so that when OSDSW is enabled (clear view), main BATT isn't shown until it dips below the minim threshold ? Aslo, the font shows the battery icon available in many steps from full to emtpty. Is it not possible to use those to indicate overall battery health, and then just flash actual voltage on screen when it goes below threshold ? In that same vein, I just thought of how nice it would be to have thresholds for mAh Used so it can flash on screen if it dips below a threshold. OSD is awseomse, but only when the on-screen elements are useful. In general, the OSD should be as unobrusive as possible, while conveying all the info needed at the moment.

A more complicated feature that I think would be really neat, is using the difference between mAh used and a new variable of total mAh (user selectiable, or perhaps a calculated variable based on an extrapolation of the current flights GPS total distance travelled and current mAh Used), used to get a rough realtime calculation for how much mAh is needed to RTH based on GPS distance from "Home", and if mAh used gets within, say 20% of mAh needed to RTH, let the user know it some way that they're approaching the point where they can't RTH with the amount of energy left.

As an aside, I am testing it with Cleanflight, and the latest CF has fixed the OSDSW config so that it works now (yay !)

Anyway, I'll test more real-world use this weekend on R1.2pre1, especially the new less-obrusive layouts.

Thanks for all the effort on this !

-=dave
Last edited by tungsten2k on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tfmccull

Post by tfmccull »

I've never been able to get the OSX version of the GUI app to open. Finder always reports the file as damaged. Is there a trick to getting this file to open? (Already changed permissions according to the text doc included with the GUI app.)

tungsten2k

Post by tungsten2k »

tfmccull wrote:I've never been able to get the OSX version of the GUI app to open. Finder always reports the file as damaged. Is there a trick to getting this file to open? (Already changed permissions according to the text doc included with the GUI app.)

This is a Mavericks thing. Google the error message you got and you'll find thousands of posts detailing what you need to do. Works perfectly on my system.

-=dave

visper

Post by visper »

Gui not work with last version Java. I must downgrade it?

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

Shikra wrote:
for serial - need patched MW2.3 and it can connect to any unused serial as defined in this example #define SPORT_SERIAL 1 (I'm sure it says on the paris board which on is which). Its a cool board - I'm running it on 2 of mine.

Thanks for that. And yes, it's a great board. I'm further along now - Serial 0 is the BT/USB port - in use for BT on one of my quads, but available on the other. Serial 2 is the GPS, likewise in use on my main quad. Serial 3 is the iOSD/FTDI connection so not available for anyone. Serial 1 would be good for some folk - it's on pin 19 so easy, but no good to me as I need it for PPMSUM - I imagine others would have the same issue.

So on my main craft I'm out of luck - every port is already in use - a pity. On the other craft, I have two options and just need to solder a board-compatible connector to the SBUS inverter's output. I assume I can get away with just Rx and GND in this scenario.

ABL

Post by ABL »

Thanks shikra for new FW.
Some minor issues while updating (woodoo when updating fonts - but it's known issue that some max chips are very picky about voltage when flashing fonts; also needed to erase eeprom, else all layout was stuck and can't be written). Anyway, flashed, looks good.

I modified font file slightly. First, default narrow fonts require really high resolution screen. My eyes aren't so good, so i need slightly bigger fonts. Also, very important indicator (AHI) is barely visible at some lightning conditions...
So here is my modified font file. Mods:
- fonts - bigger (borrowed from hornet osd, i will probably change some letters to remzibi 'large' font)
- numbers - the same size (vertical) but wider, easier to see
- some icons (battery for example) enlarged by 2px
- some text icons changed to symbols (like home icon and so on)

Preview on my layout i use (probably will need more mods to adopt for mph, sidebars and other stuff):
mw_osd_custom_fonts1.png
(2.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Font file:
mw_osd_hornet_mix.zip
(5.96 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

shikra: making AHI larger by one symbol (wider) require serious changes?

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

Earlier I wrote:
PeterWeb wrote: I'm further along now - Serial 0 is the BT/USB port - in use for BT on one of my quads, but available on the other.

So, I tried out using serial 0, which happens to be the default #define SPORT_SERIAL value in the Paris MWC's config.h anyway (and #define SPORT_FLVSS is set there also). When I make the various connections, the LED on the FLVSS flashes, indicating there may be some kind of serial comms happening (or perhaps just that it's got 5v from the connector).

But I get no luck on the OSD, trying both R1.1 (with both SPORT_CELLS and MIN_CELL defined) and R1.2pre, which doesn't need the SPORT_CELLS setting.

In the (appropriate) OSD GUI "Display voltage" and "Use MWii" is checked for tests of both versions.

For 1.1, I get a flashing zero main voltage and flashing zero cell min and avg settings, no graph bars.
For 1.2pre, I get just the flashing main voltage -- obviously for some reason it has decided that the SPort is not there.

My physical connections are:
FLVSS SPort --> SBUS inverter cable.
From the latter, I take the +5 and GND wires to the equivalent pins of the Paris Serial 0 connector, and the SPort Signal wire to the Rx of the Serial 0 connector.
(I have also tried going to Tx instead, just in case - but no change in behaviour). I have also tried reversing the direction of the SBUS inverter cable, just in case it matters. So that's four different wiring patterns tried, to no effect. Oh, and I also tried using each of the two SPort connections on my FLVSS but that also made no difference. And I'm very sure of connector directions (i.e. the signal wire is indeed connected to the "S" pin on the FLVSS, not GND, etc).

As noted, the FLVSS LED's flashing suggests I might have serial comms happening through the SPort, but of course I have no way of knowing what the MWC is getting - except that it shows as zeroes on the R1.1 OSD - or shows no cell voltages and graph at all in R1.2, just the flashing zero main voltage.

Can anyone closer to this area suggest what I might have missed, or what else I could do to debug it? My troubleshooting skills run out at about this point. Sadly, I don't have a X series receiver available to test the FLVSS and its SPort independently.

All that aside, the R1.2 firmware is looking very good and working well and the update seemed to be smooth - thank you! And as an experiment I tried a direct PWM RSSI from my D4R to the Paris RSSI pin and, with the appropriate settings in the OSD, it seems to work fine - though it seems chunkier than the RCfiltered (analog) version I am using from my D8R-XP on the other Paris-based craft, with just 6 steps.

visper

Post by visper »

I apologize for the wrong information. MWOSD GUI works well with JAVA 1.8. It was my fault, I installed 1.7 and 1.8 together. After uninstalling 1.7 everything is fine.

PeterWeb

Post by PeterWeb »

PeterWeb wrote:So, I tried out using serial 0, which happens to be the default #define SPORT_SERIAL value in the Paris MWC's config.h anyway (and #define SPORT_FLVSS is set there also). When I make the various connections, the LED on the FLVSS flashes, indicating there may be some kind of serial comms happening (or perhaps just that it's got 5v from the connector).

Problem solved. It turns out that SPort from the FLVSS (and presumably the other sensor types also) REQUIRES that there is an "X" receiver connected to the mix. No receiver, no reading, even though it is the sensor providing the data. I was trying to add an FLVSS stand-alone, as my existing kit is all "D" series. Sadly, it won't work.

With an X4R temporarily connected I've got it working with serial 1/pin 19 and with serial 0 (the Paris USB/bluetooth port) - the latter required that the SPort signal line be connected to the Tx pin.

Pity about the X series dependency, but that's life.

NB: I notice there's no cell graph in my R1.2 setup, just the main voltage, cell min and cell avg readings (layout 0). Thought I'd mention it just in case, not that I need it.

shikra

Post by shikra »

@ Tungsten2k
1 - In menu, cursor moves to a blank entry on some pages - yes am aware has been there for ever! I wondered if anyone would notice. There is a reason why I guess I'll have to fix it now :)
2 - OSD menu at boot - I'll add option to remove in config. This was put back in just in case any newcomers were unaware of its existence.
3 - Alarms - I think this should be in next release. We now have free memory to use up!
4 - mah used - How about an OSD menu option to choose battery capacity - then provide a % figure of capacity remaining?
5 - mah capacity remaining for RTH - This is easy too bad to do as a simple implementation and will require step 4, but results are likely to be a bit unreliable - lots of hovering will underreport RTH distance. Not necessarily a bad thing. Biggest issue is where to put on the screen!!

@tfmccul
OSX support - I compiled this on a pc and am aware it doesn't seem to work for many. Unfortunately I lost my MAC simulator in PC upgrade. When it was compiled on that is seemed to work for everyone. when 1.2 pre testing is complete I'll get it complied propoerly. Until then either google as per tungsten - or install processing and source and compile. Jusdt bad timing with pc upgrad eon my part Sorry

@visper - thanks for update. I upgraded mine and was just about to try out today. So should be good :)

@ABL
I should have advised everyone to click on the set default button first - or erase eeprom. Also to update foint file. I was going to make that automatic in next release. Might bring that forward and squeek in for 1.2
For fonts - I hear you! It does work great in my goggles, but lower res screens struggle. A large font is needed. It's just time to do it really. I would be happy to include yours as an option in 1.2

For longer AHI - find and amend this section in screen.ino as follows:

if(Settings[S_DISPLAY_HORIZON_BR]&fieldIsVisible(horizonPosition)){
//if(fieldIsVisible(horizonPosition))
for(uint8_t X=0; X<=10; X++) { // CHANGE THIS LINE
if (X==4) X=7; // CHANGE THIS LINE
int Y = (rollAngle * (4-X)) / 64;
Y -= pitchAngle / 8;
Y += 41;
if(Y >= 0 && Y <= 81) {
uint16_t pos = position + LINE*(Y/9) + 2 - 2*LINE + X;
screen[pos] = SYM_AH_BAR9_0+(Y%9);
}
}

kopinke

Post by kopinke »

Hi shikra,
you did a great job and I would like to thank you for your great efforts in the MW_OSD project - I'm very impressed!
Best regards,
kopinke

scrat

Post by scrat »

petronioaznar wrote:Okkk, next update, tried with firmware 2.4 hex.. Uploaded it with CT, then uploaded charset... now when I power up the quad the OSD just reads out NOT MAV DATA or something like that... Do I need to enable anything on the naze32??? Tx

You didn't read my answer few post back: Harakiri supports mavlink. mwosd will not work. Use minimosd-extra FW for harakiri.

Harakiri is firmware for Naze32 and it is fork from baseflight. minimosd-extra is firmware for mininosd. Ok?

shikra

Post by shikra »

kopinke wrote:Hi shikra,
you did a great job and I would like to thank you for your great efforts in the MW_OSD project - I'm very impressed!
Best regards,
kopinke

Thanks Kopinke - not just me - so thanks on behalf of all contributors - past and present.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thanks for feedback so far. Have made teh following changes

Functionality:
+ config.h added option to enable / disable OSD intro TX stick menu
+ config.h added option to enable / disable a longer AHI line

Bugfix:
Implemented fix for ROW 9 not working on OSD

Other:
Added MWOSDVER - to force reset of EEPROM at each version change requiring it
More reliable default option - using MSP_DEFAULT

The alarms management is a bit too big a change to implement before 1.2 is released

petronioaznar

Post by petronioaznar »

Thanks for the reply shikra.. do I understand right that 1.2 works with Harikiri so I do not need to use minimosd-extra (I tried that one, my previous comment about NO MAV DATA was precisely with the minimosd-extra firmware)..

So, I tried to upload 1.2 with Arduino but got the below message, any idea what the problem is? Jeez am having so many problems to make this stuff work.. :/.. Tx
Attachments
captura baudrate.JPG