MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
disq

Re: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD

Post by disq »

Suggestion: Blink # of sats while waiting for GPS fix

in Screen.ino displayNumberOfSat, change

Code: Select all

if(!GPS_fix)
    return;

to

Code: Select all

if(!GPS_fix && Blink2hz)
    return;

I didn't test this, but should work.

shikra

Post by shikra »

@herzjung

yep - as patrik says... its a limitation that it does not support any control such as alt hold. Acro and horizon only.
Must admit I never fly FPV with althold find it not so nice.

I think maybe the answer there would be to incorporate it into multiwii - and then send via MSP.
or just use the hardware sensor!

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

@disq
+1 :)

@herzjung, @PatrikE
+1 rcCommand[THROTTLE] :)

shikra

Post by shikra »

@disq - yep

how about also numsat <5 ?
I think fix can still show with 3 sats which would concern me. I think most OSD take 5 as the minimum OK number
Any thoughts...

whakahere

Post by whakahere »

I would like to know how you go about adding more options to the osd in the menu area. the Naze32 boards have a really cool option called tpabreakpoint and I would like to edit that when on the field. How would you go about edit the firmware so this will show on the 2nd page?

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Hey Shikra. I tried using your latest beta code with Harakiri. Harakiri requires the Boxnames like 2.0/2.1... but when I enabled BoxNames in config.h, your code failed to compile.

Not sure what the deal was, i should have copied the error and pasted it here. Instead I just installed Baseflight.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Can you try the latest 1.1 in downloads

It compiles for me - but no idea if it works as not used that
Unless its a conflict with something else enabled in config.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

shikra wrote:Can you try the latest 1.1 in downloads

sure thing. i will give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

shikra wrote:Can you try the latest 1.1 in downloads

I ran R1.1 on my OSD today. It compiled just fine but unfortunately I had a bad wreck on Saturday and fried my Flip32 board. I can't test with Harakiri until I get a replacement board.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Think its time to make R1.1 available.

Its a mixture of some of the planned changes , but also focus on the feedback from R1

Kudos to Haydent for bring this into OSD:
FRSKY hub support - cell voltage / current / baro - haydent

Files, updated wili and guides are here:

https://code.google.com/p/multiwii-osd/

Some of the changes

+ All OSD sensors now have 8 point filter - Battery / Video / Current / RSSI / PWM RSSI
+ optional 2nd stage simple filter added
+ optional smooth filter added - very smooth, but with ability to handle large changes in short timelinefor RSSI
+ MWII sensor data remains unfiltered - direct from from MultiWii Flight Controller
+ Vid voltage divider moved to "approx" same as main voltage for easy of configuration
+ Vidvoltage added to OSD menu
+ Zero amps adjust added to OSD menu
+ RSSI adjust max + min added to OSD menu
+ Amps and volts in the OSD menu now in Human readable form - for easier adjustment
+ Heading correction option for to support Baseflight & Harikiri added to config.h file
+ Added support for MultiWii fixedwing branch from - PatrikE
+ I2C GPS distance fix - for OSD with issues at distance > 650m (untested)
+ ability to disable mode icon if required
+ ability to hide ARMED/DISARMED status via config.H if required. For non MultiWii OSD use
+ fastpixel support - *may* improve display for hi-res cameras 650tvl+
+ brightness support into config.h
+ amperage support from multiwii for sensors directly connected to MultiWii - haydent
+ option to hid voltage, video voltage and timer within options for OSD config.h witch control
+ current used during flight added back into flight summary screen
+ GPS timezone and options added into OSD menu - haydent
+ default startup delay - support for MAX chip voltage rise issue with some boards - suggested by bicycle
+ flashing sats warning if <5 sats - suggested by disq
+ freetext that can be enabled / displayed using LLIGHT SWITCH or CAMSTAB instea dof

+ GUI: renamed reset to defaults for extra clarity
+ GUI: task switcher for faster serial - PatrikE
+ GUI - support for changes - FRSKY / MW current sensor. Tip links added by haydent

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Hello Shikra,

I'm still running R1.a2.b1. Some notes before I upgrade:

1) Current sensor zero adjust- I have adjusted this all over the place- before I had to run it @ '1' to get a reasonable .2-.3 amp reading. Now I get nothing but zero (I'm running a current sensor, and I've got the high range set just about right.)

2) How in the heck do we get the "Disarmed" out of the compass. Even after I'm armed and flying, I still see it scroll across as I swing around.

3) The Radar map seems backwards. When I am North of Home, it shows me south, and indicates I need to head North to get home (I have Home in the center). The map just appears to always be 180 degrees off in terms of airplane placement. My RTH arrow is usually correct most of the time.

4) When I turn off my UHF TX to check RSSI, RSSI drops down to near zero, then it jumps up to 100% and stays there.

Other than the above, it's working great! Keep up the good work sir.

ABL

Post by ABL »

RSSI on frsky still does not work properly for me, but it's minor issue (i have voice telemetry, enough for basic warnings. I have ~5 steps from min to max, with 1.1/5V ref).
I made AHI elements wider/thicker (better visibility), everything else stays the same (thick fonts). If someone needs, font file attached.
Anyone used wider AHI (more symbols for AHI)?
Scarab_mod.zip
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

I'm getting a http 403 error trying to download R1.1- is there a permission problem on the web server?

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

HFMan wrote:I'm getting a http 403 error trying to download R1.1- is there a permission problem on the web server?

I just tried and was able to download it.

ToxicToast

Post by ToxicToast »

403 for me. Looking forward to trying this out while I have my mini disassembled.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

shikra

Post by shikra »

Sorry for delay - been away where no cell / data activity allowed.

@all
Google downloads - appears to be an issue with google servers - have reported it to them. I tried and it worked, but now it doesn't 20 mins later. Multiwii site seems to be similar lately!
Files also available here just in case:
www.flypix.co.uk/ftp

@ABL if only 5 steps of RSSI, this is probably a non standard RX PWM frequency - check this post from Subaru.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4865&start=50#p49574
I'll post your fontfiles up on the site too.

@HFman

1) Current sensor zero adjust- I have adjusted this all over the place- before I had to run it @ '1' to get a reasonable .2-.3 amp reading. Now I get nothing but zero (I'm running a current sensor, and I've got the high range set just about right.)
For current sensor, I think maybe the way it is done is not intuitive to normal logic!.

[*]Set correct current sensor size in config.h (in reality - its only there to help improve resolution
Set min to 0 and max to 1023
With no motors / minimal current draw, On GUI increase min and click save until OSD goes to zero - or better the true current draw
With current draw up high - say 50% or higher, reduce max current on gui and save until the value is correct on the OSD[*]

2) How in the heck do we get the "Disarmed" out of the compass.
3) The Radar map seems backwards.
I think you are using BASEFLIGHT/HARIKIRI ?? if so, this will need //#define BASEFLIGHT enabled in config for R1.1

4) When I turn off my UHF TX to check RSSI, RSSI drops down to near zero, then it jumps up to 100% and stays there.
That's interesting... - can you post your min / max numbers so I can try to test / simulate

shikra

Post by shikra »

Update on file download - others are reporting same issue in other projects... seem to be just zip files.

Files also available here just in case:
www.flypix.co.uk/ftp

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Shikra,

Hardware Current Sensor: I still can't get any kind of reading for zero adjust on the current sensor. Currently is set to 0, 969. I ran the min all the way up to 250, no change. NO big deal

2&3) You're right- duh! I'm using Baseflight, so I needed to enable that define.

4) My RSSI settings are at min:38, Max: 139. Still does the wierd thing where unplugging TX RSSI drops rapidly down to near zero, then jumps up to 100% and stays there. Plug TX back in, RSSI drops down to zero briefly and then quickly climbs back up to 100%

Thanks!

shikra

Post by shikra »

@ hfman - I will carry out some tests to try to simulate. Challenging for me as I don't uses RSSI or HW current sensors ! But I have ordered some kit to build and rreplicate a test jig. Will make life a lot easier to develop and test!

shikra

Post by shikra »

Issues with downloads....

Google have advised that there have been too many downloads of the zip files in a short period of time so lock further ones for a short period as a new prevention against googlecode being used to distribute viruses.
They also advise they have no plans to change the feature and advised me to move files to another hosting method.

The downloadable zip files have been relocated and the links on the download section have been updated.

Anyone still having issues with downloads from new links, please let me know...

shikra

Post by shikra »

As an update, have has a look at how to try to improve the RSSI in this case (using non standard RSSI PWM)
The frequency appears really fast on some rx units - too fast for arduino really
I have put an option in next release to double the resolution. ie. 0-100% in steps of 10% Not ideal but quick easy change and better than nothing for now.
Will probably migrate this from arduino pulsein to a better longer term solution - count clock cycles - to get the resolution needed.

ABL wrote:RSSI on frsky still does not work properly for me, but it's minor issue (i have voice telemetry, enough for basic warnings. I have ~5 steps from min to max, with 1.1/5V ref).
I made AHI elements wider/thicker (better visibility), everything else stays the same (thick fonts). If someone needs, font file attached.
Anyone used wider AHI (more symbols for AHI)?
Scarab_mod.zip

Tort

Post by Tort »

tested and working very well, good job.
i do have a question about the altitude, where does minimosd pull the altitude from? mine does not seem to display correctly, although it starts at 0 when i plug the battery in, when i take off alt starts to fluctuate and when i land osd shows anything from -1 to -3ft, now i am using an old multiwii pro board with 2.3 installed so im thinking that might me the issue but i haven't done any serious checking into it since i just noticed the issue last night

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Tort wrote:tested and working very well, good job.
i do have a question about the altitude, where does minimosd pull the altitude from? mine does not seem to display correctly, although it starts at 0 when i plug the battery in, when i take off alt starts to fluctuate and when i land osd shows anything from -1 to -3ft, now i am using an old multiwii pro board with 2.3 installed so im thinking that might me the issue but i haven't done any serious checking into it since i just noticed the issue last night

Altitude readings are sent from multiwii and are gathered using the barometer on your flight board. Make sure you have the baro on your board covered in foam to keep wind and light from altering the readings.

Tort

Post by Tort »

I figured, old multiwii pro board, baro is covered with a piece of foam but somewhere along the way i did read that the baro in this board is not the greatest.
Thanks for the reply.

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

If it varies only 1-3 feet, that's great... these are consumer grade pressure sensors.

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

All of my GPS data is flashing / blinking, I can't figure out why. It didn't do this when I used the same GPS module (witespy house ublox v1) on a osd flashed with kv team firmware... any ideas what could be causing this? I have enabled //#define BASEFLIGHT in config.h.

I'm running MWOSD 1.1, and baseflight on a flip32+ with mixer set to flying_wing.

here's a sample:

do I need to enable //#define SERIAL_SPEED 115200 ?
or perhaps //#define FIXEDWING ?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

You only have 6 satellites when it's shown on the OSD.

It's not considered as Good fix until GPS_numSat >= 5 .
If you don't have FIX the GPS data is hidden.
I guess it's switching between 4-6 satellites.

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

SecretSpy711 wrote:All of my GPS data is flashing / blinking, I can't figure out why. It didn't do this when I used the same GPS module (witespy house ublox v1) on a osd flashed with kv team firmware... any ideas what could be causing this?

In GUI disable GPS Time and enable #define SERIAL_SPEED 115200 !

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

PatrikE wrote:You only have 6 satellites when it's shown on the OSD.

It's not considered as Good fix until GPS_numSat >= 5 .
If you don't have FIX the GPS data is hidden.
I guess it's switching between 4-6 satellites.

PatrickE it was still doing this when I had 10 satellites.

hinkel I disabled GPS time via the onscreen menus but have not tried enabling the serial_speed yet. Does disabling the gps time via the menu vs the gui make any difference?

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

HFMan wrote:2&3) You're right- duh! I'm using Baseflight, so I needed to enable that define.

there's also a define for putting map mode such that up is north. default seems to be up as your takeoff direction. were you launching south?

I would rather #define MAPMODENORTH be enabled by default. Using takeoff direction as reference would really screw me up.

shikra

Post by shikra »

HFMan wrote:4) When I turn off my UHF TX to check RSSI, RSSI drops down to near zero, then it jumps up to 100% and stays there.

Thanks - bug identified and fixed/ tested for next release

shikra

Post by shikra »

SecretSpy711 wrote:I would rather #define MAPMODENORTH be enabled by default. Using takeoff direction as reference would really screw me up.

Funny thing is - that mode screws me up !!

My thoughts were to stand facing a direction with copter facing same dir and then on the map its seems very natural to where i am. I wouldn't know which direction North is half the time!!

The map modes was a bit of a proof of concept. Next release I hope to double resolution and make it much smoother...

shikra

Post by shikra »

For this...

I have not seen this before. A bad fix or low sats will do this.
Can only suggest that standard Baseflight doesn't support GPS time AFAIK. Maybe gives odd results...? Definitely turn off.

SecretSpy711 wrote:All of my GPS data is flashing / blinking, I can't figure out why. It didn't do this when I used the same GPS module (witespy house ublox v1) on a osd flashed with kv team firmware... any ideas what could be causing this? I have enabled //#define BASEFLIGHT in config.h.

I'm running MWOSD 1.1, and baseflight on a flip32+ with mixer set to flying_wing.

here's a sample:

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

I turned off GPS time and enabled serial_speed, problem still persists. However I then cleared the eeprom and flashed kv firmware, and it still blinks. So the problem is NOT the MWOSD. Sorry guys.

shikra

Post by shikra »

No worries - thanks for letting us know.

Form the symptoms most likely its looks like sats are dropping low or the quality of the fix is very poor (can still happen with high sats - I have experienced 10 sats and no good fix - it was a 5v switching bec. relocated GPS and all good)

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

Interesting. The GPS is in the same bay as the OSD, Flip32+, & Hawkeye receiver -- however when testing on the bench I have the GPS pulled out and sitting as far away from those items as the wires will let me (about 4 inches). All wires are twisted. I'll try shielding/attenuation/extending wires and see if it gets better, however I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the GPS itself: when I connect it to u-center, the clock on the lower right seems to glitch similarly to what I see on the OSD. I.e., moves backwards every few seconds, irregularly. That tells me it's some setting within u-center that got changed, or the gps itself has gone bad.

anyway, sorry for cluttering your thread, this is a little off-topic.

Truglodite

Post by Truglodite »

Shikra, first off thank you very much for your development! I got to test fly r1.1 with the latest release of baseflight and all went OK except battery voltage(s). I got my analog RSSI and hardware current sensor working well. Some notes...

Voltages: I am using a Witespy modded board, and checked it over with my meter. it has the proper 22k and 1k divider, and the mega pin was getting 0.56V with my fully charged 3s. The math says everything is OK, but the screen will not display more than 10.2V with dividerratio=255. Maybe there is a problem with the high resistor values and the input impedance at 1.1V? Without getting too analytical, the mega328 sheet does suggest output impedances <10k... maybe the same hardware ratio with lower values would fix it? If there is not side effect on linearity, then I suppose we can just change the hardcoded scaler from 0.0001 to like 0.0003? It worked for me.

Current: I have lammented over the choice to go 1.1V ref for some time, but I'm learning to get over it. The ubiquitous 3dr power meter IV sensor is what I usually take to war, but it puts out 5V @ 90A. That's no go when used with a Whitespy board and direct voltage monitoring (which requires 1.1V). So I checked out the 3dr Eagle files and sure enough... just adding a 33k across ground and the current output of the sensor drops the output to 1.1V at 90A. Done... just had to calibrate in the GUI and it works excellent. I finally have MWII and mAh... yay!!!

RSSI: More anguish over the 1.1V reference. The Witespy board only has a series 1k5 for protection, and with a 1.1V reference everyone with 5V analog RSSI is going to have to add an external divider! I like hacking so oh well... I fit a 3.3:1 divider in the heatshrink of my RSSI lead and my Dragonlink analog RSSI worked great. Maybe the solution is for Witespy board to add another divider for RSSI... but that should cause problems with PWM rssi logic levels right?

IIRC the 1.1V reference is legacy to work with Rushduino, correct? Time we ditch it before it creates more mess IMHO. Anyhow, I like how you did the screen switch so far. I'm not much of a gadget guy so I don't spend much time flipping switches and just like having one super clean layout. OTOH, there are times when I have a question during flight, where having full house info on a switch is nice.

Kev

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thanks for the kind comments - glad you like the changes. Kudos to the others too - johhygab, power67, carlonb, haydent, itain and kv

Voltages - you mention mega pin - I assume its still an atmega328 on the board?
Shouldn't be any need to change the dividers - gotta figure out why this.
I have some witespy boards and they have been running OK for me - I'll load one up in next day or two to make sure still OK.

For 1.1v:
the advantages are its an accurate reference - so the OSD multiplier settings are reasonably consistent. Also on copters with noisy 5v (usually servos connected), the noise doesn't make the readings all jittery.
Its easy enough to support both options and just a flick of a GUI or OSD switch (note to save / reboot after changing...)
Disavdantage is loose resolution compared to using the 5v ref -

I use 1.1v unless its a copter with > 4s, uses analogue or rssi volt sensors.

Could easily have dividers on Current and RSSI in future with a separate pin for PWM RSSI.Happy to support that. Biggest downside - the current sensor resolution I think would be unacceptable - and make the numbers jumpy.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

I have an older witespy board that works great. All voltages read correctly, RSSI everything. I have a new witespy board I got this year and it too has the same problem Truglodite (and others) are having. Using the same code, same config, and same setup both battery voltages are almost 3 volts off, which in no way can be compensated for with the current code.

I contacted Paul (witespy) and made him aware of the defective board I had, and requested another. Before I got a reply from him, I found many other threads across the internet with this same problem and sent another email to paul bringing it to his attention. I have yet to hear back from him.

In the meantime, I contacted Truglodite & had him test my board for any incorrect or bad hardware, and he came up with the report he gave earlier. Not much makes sense to me, but just be aware that there are older witespy OSD boards that appear to work great with your code (and KVOSD code) and then there are newer boards now hitting the market that work, but give us the readings they do.

It sounds like Kevin was able to implement a fix in the code, which is good news to many who are experiencing this problem. Now I can get my OSD back and stop waiting for emails from witespy :)

shikra

Post by shikra »

Oh dear , does sound like a hardware error.

Ideal think now would be to measure resistance from the atmega 328 pin to ground and to the bat input to see if the resistances are correct. Resistors could be ok, but maybe some tracks are wrong too.

At least can be fixed by divider. Perhaps put a download up with an option in config so guys don't have to mess with code.

Any chance someone could check those resistances. As above. Must be direct from atmega pin rather than across resistors. Just so we know what atmega is seeing!

Am still assuming it's still the 328 chip and not gone to a mega 2650

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Yes its the 328 chip.

I have my "good" witespy board on the bench right now not being used. I am waiting for some information from Truglodite and then I will use my meter to check resistances and compare them against his.

shikra

Post by shikra »

mmm - I have witespy boards that run OK, but just tried an unused one out adjusted up OK and flew around but the battery never changed. Stuck at 11v
Put meter on the board and the resistor on vbat isn't connected to ground. Looks like a duff resistor or wrong value. Circuit seems to meter out ok

I hooked it up to vid and its fine so using that instead

Truglodite

Post by Truglodite »

shikra, sorry if I wasn't being clear. The first thing I did was check resistance and continuity of the circuit with my BK 390A. Everything hardware wise checks out on the 2 newer boards I have, except the B1 and B2 are swapped (incorrect silk screen). That probably explains why your new board has a "static B1", hehe. ;)

Details on my hardware check... Paul has the correct 1k and 22k resistors installed on both b1 and b2; both new boards I have on me measured 988k/992k and 22.1k/22.0k, yes installed proper order and no shorts. I went a step further and measured live voltage at the 328 pins, with a lipo powering the plane, chips all booted up, and ready to launch. I measured 0.55V at the mega pin with 12.4V input, which is definitive evidence Paul's board is built like the manual (except the backwards B1/B2 lol). All I did to fix it was change the two 0.0001's to 0.0003's and it calibrates as expected throughout the range (lines 588 & 598, I posted the issue on googlecode). Simple enough fix it seems, but is that enough to make the older boards not calibrate with the GUI? I can't say because I don't have an older board on me. I hope that the older and newer boards are close enough to keep this hardcoded...or maybe the GUI range can be expanded to 800 or so. :(

Regarding the current sensor, I got a 3dr clone current sensor and added a 33kOhm peanut across the ground and current output pins. That changes the gain of the INA169 so it outputs 1.1V at 90A; the stock sensor puts out 1.1V at around 20A. Here's a fresh example from this weekend with r1.1 in (almost) it's full glory (no radar but it was enabled... I had no time to figure it out last weekend):

My APM copter with the same sensor is also quite jumpy, but that is a copter and it would be nice if my wing were smoother. I suspect one reason for the extra jumpy readings is my current sensor is the only part of the circuit (other than esc power) that is grounded to the lipo side of my common mode LC filter. I believe that superimposes the rejected common mode noise on to the current signal right? I would move my ground so it connects after the LC filter, but I worry that might blow the INA169, with it's power and ground taking the spikes (instead of the high impedance mega input), and either way I think I would see jumpy values. I want to try the filters in the code on my next flights. Which one do you suggest, 'second order', or 'smooth'?

Also, thanks for the explanation on the 5V vs 1.1V reference. I had a hunch ripple was the reason for 1.1. I am anal about 5V line noise on my rigs, but they're still not nearly as clean as the mega's internal reg. Although, I didn't know 1.1Vref also lowers ADC resolution?! I've heard there can be problems if a code measures without allowing sufficient time for the internal cap to stabilize after the reference is changed, but AFAIK MultiWii OSD uses a static reference. I suppose there would be a fundamental limit on how fine the ADC comparators can split voltage hairs. Does it drop resolution from 1024 to 256, or something? If so maybe a clean 5V ldo can be used for reference?

Kev

shikra

Post by shikra »

aaaah Ok - from what you say there sound like the wrong resistors put on board.

Resistance should measure 1.5k to ground instead of 1k - at 12.4v, the atmega should be reading around 0.79v instead of of 0.55v. That's like a third too low which is huge.
Its no biggie - just need need different multiplier as you have done. I'll stick something in config as an option to make it easier for folks who don't like messing.

My board seems to be the older one - definitely correct pin! but thanks for the heads up next time!! I'm getting nothing across the resistor so guess its a duffer. I guess my post didnt make sense - am actually using the vid voltage on the display and connecting vbat to that

shikra

Post by shikra »

@trug

For 1.1v resolution, I didn't write full explanation there. Was bit short on time when posting!

What I mean to say - if use voltage dividers to take current / rssi down to be able to work with a vref of 1.1v, for those guys who have to use 5v vref *(5s and bigger currently) they will loose 80% resolution. So at best someone with a 100A current sensor will see steps of 0.4A which probably looks crap. Trying to cover all bases for all users here!

Really the best way would probably to be all hardware to use the Vsupply 5v ref with a resistor ladder set to provide say 4.5v for a 8s on batteries. RSSI and current stay as they are. This would give all resolution, no hassle.
But as all hardware is already working to a standard, well most :) not much we can do about that!!

for this : internal cap to stabilize after the reference is changed
Not an issue for us as not changing on the fly

for your current sensor
try the smooth filter. its uses a bit of memory so may not be able to run with other options enabled at the moment.
Sometimes can't beat a small capacitor on the current sensor input. IMHO when its right value its better than software code to fix!!

shikra

Post by shikra »

@subaru / trug

Here is a packaged version to try with the new witespy boards with config.h option preset.
Also untested FASTPWM support for the RX units out there with high frequency refresh rates. If you guys use that would love to have it tested / verified

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... WtqT2xtSDg

SecretSpy711

Post by SecretSpy711 »

for mapmodenorth, can that be made into a GUI option, or at least an on-screen menu pick?

and just for completeness, my GPS problem was due to having too many messages enabled in the GPS.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Will be in the GUI at some point. unlikely on the OSD menu due to memory.
Thanks for update - usefull to know for next poor guy that has to figure it out!

Truglodite

Post by Truglodite »

Hehe thanks shikra, just now I was in my backyard looking at copter stuff on my phone, and just before I closed the KV hardware mod page, the 1.5k caught my eye! :o Can't believe I missed that one. That 1k is indeed not KV spec, and in fact I just measured a b1 (actual b1, silk b2) that was 880/22.1k. Good to hear it will be in the GUI; are you going to name the switch "Pauls board" or something? :D Also, thanks for taking the time to clarify what you meant about 5 vs 1.1 resolution. That totally makes sense; in fact that was the main reason I felt 5V was not a good solution to fix the calibration problem. Honestly, using 5V would have been the easy way out on my particular plane, since it has 5V current and 5V rssi. The way I am about things, having 1/5 the available reso on B1 would keep me up at night... and I enjoy solving problems.

I have a theory on that 1k resistor. Before the KV mod there were no other 1k5 resistors on the board, but there were already several 1k. Using 1k instead of 1k5 means one less slot on the pick and place machine. In terms of production costs, that choice can mean big savings. If this is true, I'd say Paul owes you one, and one for the poor guys figuring it out too.

Also, if that is a 5% on the regulator feedback, then people who power them off the 12V side better be mindful!

Kev