MultiWii and LabView

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
BernardK

MultiWii and LabView

Post by BernardK »

I am trying to develop a LabView app that will communicate with the MultiWii. In the past I have used LabView to communicate with several serial port based processors so I am quite familiar with implementing and debugging serial port apps. I have a serial port analyser to monitor transmissions.

MultiWii is version 230 and I have WinGUI that is compatible. WinGUI functions as expected and the monitor shows the transmitted data exactly as it should do.

When I transmit a message from my LabView code, I see the message transmit out, and it looks as it should do. I don't get anything back.

I have tried inserting waits in various places to slow the process down and ensure that the MW must be able to respond, but nothing changes anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

timecop

Re: MultiWii and LabView

Post by timecop »

Hello!

I'm trying to do $X using $Y. The problem is, $Z is not doing $X properly. I tried $A and $B but nothing works. I will not post any code because that would help someone to actually answer my question. Please, just tell me what I'm doing wrong, maybe I should try $C or just give up and stop trying to make $X do $Y ?????

treym

Post by treym »

BernardK wrote: I see the message transmit out, and it looks as it should do.

... and what should it look like ?

BernardK

Post by BernardK »

timecop wrote:Hello!

I'm trying to do $X using $Y. The problem is, $Z is not doing $X properly. I tried $A and $B but nothing works. I will not post any code because that would help someone to actually answer my question. Please, just tell me what I'm doing wrong, maybe I should try $C or just give up and stop trying to make $X do $Y ?????

Following port initialisation, the board goes deaf for 6 seconds, then works perfectly. So the process is - initialise port, wait 6 seconds, send first command. Works fine.

If all I get is sarcy comments from a prima donna I think I will give up on this forum.

treym

Post by treym »

It must be noted that you can find working implmentation for this serial communication written in C , C++ , .Net , java , javascript .. and probably some more languages ..

You may now refere to this thread : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4489

best regards

ps : if you fail to solve your issue, you will find more help at this website : http://askdongs.com/i_can_haz_mwi_serial.htm .

BernardK

Post by BernardK »

Thanks for that. I did do a search for information and I don't think I stumbled on that thread. The second link does not seem to work, but I have now resolved the issue. The port initialisation seems to reboot the MultiWii and it takes around 6 seconds before it will respond. I didn't recognise this at first and could not see why the board did not appear to be responding. Now I have the initialisation sequence, I have tried several commands and it works fine.

Thanks again for the first link, good info.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

If you use a four wire connection (Vcc,Gnd,Tx & Rx) the comport usually don't initialise when you connect.

Carsten F

Post by Carsten F »

Hi Folks,

... I got it to work ... how can I share pictures within this forum? That way is better to show you how I did it.

Greethings from Munich

Carsten

Init_MWII_ComX.JPG
Last edited by Carsten F on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

timecop

Post by timecop »

http://imgur.com/
and paste links here.

iambramha

Post by iambramha »

Carsten F wrote:Hi Folks,

... I got it to work ... how can I share pictures within this forum? That way is better to show you how I did it.

Greethings from Munich

Carsten

Init_MWII_ComX.JPG

Were you able to test this? I am interested in this if you have a page/post explaining what you did with labview. BTW i hope this if for V2.3

Carsten F

Post by Carsten F »

Hi Folks,

due to the fact that's Christmas now, if sombody is interested what I did with multiwii and LabVIEW, please take a look at ...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Airplan ... 37#M939994

I planed to use it for my own ground control for my plane but unfortunately the project died due to lack of time ...

Greetings from Munich
Carsten

Screen shot:
Attachments
SixpackDemoScreen.JPG