Changing IFLYC4 to multiwii

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
linkstatic

Changing IFLYC4 to multiwii

Post by linkstatic »

So i got a quad which runs smooth with a IFLYC4 controller. I was wondering that should it run perfectly with the multiwii too? I mean if i change the controller to multiwii instead of IFLYC4 and then try to fly it? Should it work? Is there a chance it wont work? In short I am trying to ask is IFLYC4 better or multiwii. Certainly the IFLYC4 is cheaper then multiwii but does that also mean better? So the question is simple should every quadcopter which runs smooth with the IFLYC4 should work with the multiwii given that the COG(center of gravity) is not changed while introducing the new controller.

timecop

Re: Changing IFLYC4 to multiwii

Post by timecop »

Last i checked ifly stuff used I2C ESCs.
So, no, it won't be a simple swap.

linkstatic

Post by linkstatic »

I2c escs are not supported by Multiwii? So if i connect the esc to the mutliwii the esc wont work? Or will they work but not fully functional? Cause I did the interface and the throttle is responding.. Am i going into dangerous waters?

timecop

Post by timecop »

maybe they're using normal esc now? I dunno, if it works then it should be ok.
no multiwii doesn't support i2c esc.
i remember their old ifly4 stuff was i2c, dunno about ifly4c tho.

linkstatic

Post by linkstatic »

Thank you timecop. I was a bit scared to turn it on again was waiting for your reply. Just a question I2c is just means of communication through two wires to multiple slaves in parallel in the end i2c also sends the pulses aint it? How is i2c esc special? I know the i2c is used to connect many many slaves in a parallel formation in order to save the pins of the controller but if the controller itself is giving outputs on 4 different pins the i2c should run nonetheless? Kindly guide me :(