MAG affecting ACRO mode

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
shikra

MAG affecting ACRO mode

Post by shikra »

I've notice that even when mag is present, but mag control input disabled, it seem to influences the PID output I presume from IMU calculations. Should this be the case?

I never really considered effect of badly calibrated MAG etc would be an issue if not using it...until I accidentally set MAG axis up with incorrect orientation. I don't use MAG but the influence to the copter was somewhat surprising when flying in ACRO mode !!

Thoughts? any reason it should?

Alexinparis

Re: MAG affecting ACRO mode

Post by Alexinparis »

If you have a MAG hardware, yes there will be MAG IMU specific calculation.
But if you don't activate it, MAG shouldn't have any effect on the control. (the heading info coming from MAG computation is just ignored)

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thanks for reply. That's how I expect it to work however try to fly when thee mag is accidentally reversed (but disabled on switch) ! It is definitely affecting the yaw.

timecop

Post by timecop »

Impossible.

shikra

Post by shikra »

That's what I thought...

The first time I ignored it. (I use a remote MAG on this copter and put it on frame wrong way round so have to amend the code)

I upgraded this copter to 2.3 and forgot to amend the mag line again had the weird shit happen again. Its just about flyable, but wanders all over the place.

I'll do some testing with known good board and swap the mag line over and report back.

Deet

Post by Deet »

I am seeing the same thing, I am having to fight the Yaw as if MAG is selected, even when MAG isn't.

IF I unplug the MAG sensor I don't get the issue

Sard0k

Post by Sard0k »

I was having similar problems, thought it was just bad motor angles. Will unplug the mag and see how that goes / report back