Anyone working on Sonar integration??

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
doehme

Anyone working on Sonar integration??

Post by doehme »

The subject line says it all really..... Is anyone working on sonar integration for low level accurate altitude control for future releases on MW? If so when is it likely to be in a main-stream release?

niark

Re: Anyone working on Sonar integration??

Post by niark »

Hi, wondering about it too :)

wareck

Post by wareck »

I'm working on it...
I want to build a very cheap interface, to use sonar in I2C (it's about 1$ to build it )
But I need some help...

I'll try to post my work tomorow...

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

I played a bit with the hc-sr04-sensors. The bad thing about sonar is, they need a good clean surface to reflect the signal and they cannot measure, when they don't aim straight to the ground. We can mount them on the camera gimbal, ( if you have one installed ), but don't forget to tilt the camera level before you land. :/
Still the reception on gras or dirt is hard to predict.

mj666

Post by mj666 »

I have updated the sonar driver for the 32bit Harakiri (Naze32, MW32) with support for multiple I2C sonar sensors. Devanteck SRF series and Maxbotix MB12x4 series. There are some related posts in this Forum in the 32bit software section. The code updates are published in the FPV Treff Forum (in German) in the Harakiri FC thread. Final test for Maxbotix is still pending but SRF is tested.

Update: have done successful flight tests also with the Maxbotix at the weekend. Please read in the related threads.
Last edited by mj666 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Dunno where the problem is. Maybe someone should cast a vote if there is demand for sonarsupport, and what the user expects it to do exactly.