Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download

Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby EOSBandi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi !
It seems that changes made to MS561101 calculations introduced an error. Under 20 degree Celsius, the altitude value will go haywire. Apparently changing to float from int64_t introduced an overflow somewhere (BaroTemp value will be nonsense).
As a quick fix I reverted these changes in my navi trunk, but since baro code does not belong to me, I would rather not touch it in the _shared.
User avatar
EOSBandi
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Re: Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby Y.Mita » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Same at my copter.
Sensor is Drotek 10DOF MS.
Before version up, stable under +-0.2m. After, +-3.0m.
Check twice on two configuration.
Y.Mita
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby EOSBandi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Y.Mita wrote:Same at my copter.
Sensor is Drotek 10DOF MS.
Before version up, stable under +-0.2m. After, +-3.0m.
Check twice on two configuration.

It even worse, since it will gain or loose altitude constantly (at least the baro will think...)
User avatar
EOSBandi
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Re: Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby Alexinparis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 am

Sorry for this.

I think I found the bug (tested on the bench with some ice ;) ).
and corrected in r1649
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby Y.Mita » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Alexinparis wrote:Sorry for this.

I think I found the bug (tested on the bench with some ice ;) ).
and corrected in r1649

Thank you!
I tried it on desktop, and seems more stable than before!
Tomorrow, I'll try it at field with MWNavi.
Y.Mita
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: Changes with R1625 introduced an error to MS561101 code

Postby Y.Mita » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Y.Mita wrote:
Alexinparis wrote:Sorry for this.

I think I found the bug (tested on the bench with some ice ;) ).
and corrected in r1649

Thank you!
I tried it on desktop, and seems more stable than before!
Tomorrow, I'll try it at field with MWNavi.


Yesterday, I went field and test flight my copter.
No problem, and stable than "MultiWii_2.3-navi-b4-xmas".
I replaced Sensor.cpp of "MultiWi2_3-navi-b5".

Thank you!
Y.Mita
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 pm


Return to Software development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron