V1.6 on Duemilanove GUI connection problem

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Ebi

V1.6 on Duemilanove GUI connection problem

Post by Ebi »

Hi, I noticed that with the version 1.5 loaded on an Arduino Duemilanove without any sensor connected it was possible to run the configurator and to see all the RC values working and the Cycle time as well.

If I do the same but load the new version 1.6 on the new v1.6 configurator everything stay at 0 no values are present impossible to communicate (on the arduino Rx blink but nothing on Tx).

Have tried it many times back to 1.5 OK 1.6 Not OK.

If I do exactlly the same v1.6 No sensor on an Arduino Mega 1280 I can see all the RC values and cycle time it's working perfectlly !!!

Is it possible to use V1.6 on the Duemilanove ?

Thanks,

Ebi

captaingeek

Re: V1.6 on Duemilanove GUI connection problem

Post by captaingeek »

are you sure you've successfully configured your sketch and that its actually fully uploading. im not sure if it will upload to that board becuase their isn't enough space for it. you must disable the lcd section probably more in order for it to fit.

Ebi

Post by Ebi »

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply,

I had a look, LCD was not activated and my duemilanove has an ATmega328 not the 168, no problem of space. upload goes perfectlly well untill the end.

Mega board ATmega1280: Binary skech size: 15904 bytes (of a 126976 byte maximum)
Duemilanove ATmega328: Binary skech size: 14246 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)

The uploding works perfectlly, looks really like a problem in the v1.6 GUI to me. My Duemilanove board is an original one and works perfectlly with V1.5 !!!

Has someone been able to connect a Duemilanove ATmega328 with the new v1.6 GUI?

If I can't use the Duemilanove with the GUI 1.6 I will have to move to my Mega board ATmega1280....

Ebi

Post by Ebi »

I moved to Arduino Mega, I don't need a solution to this anymore ;)

Thanks a lot...

Plata

Post by Plata »

Hi!
I am still in the early stages of building my MultiWiiCopter. I am building a Quad+ setup and I seem to have the exact same problem using an Arduino Uno board.
Simulation was (and still is) working perfectly, using soft v1.5 - but when updating to v1.6 or v1pre7, the behaviour is exactly as Ebi described (including only the blinking Rx LED on the board).
Would be very glad if someone could help, as I''ve just managed to cram that Uno Board into my frame ;)

Greetings,
Plata

Plata

Post by Plata »

After testing again, I am quite sure that the problem ist not the GUI connection itself, but MultWii v1.6 not even booting correctly on the Arduino Uno. When using v1.5 and giving power to the board, the Arduino LED blinks a few times in very short time lags, then blinks a few times in maybe half time lag, then goes off and the board is ready to connect.
With v1.6, after writing the software to the board, the LED stays off completely and does never blink. When power cycling the board, the LED sometimes immediately stays on, sometimes it stays off.
Again, I would appreciate any help in tweaking this, as my programming knowledge is not sufficent to find the problem myself.

Plata

Post by Plata »

Hi again!

Although I don't quite understand what it is doing and although I really thought, I would have already tried it, enabling internal I2C pull ups seems to have solved the problem. This is quite strange, as Ebi seems to have solved the problem by buying an Arduino Pro Mini - maybe it wasn't the same problem in the first place.
Anway, maybe someone would be so kind and direct me to some post or some info, what exactly is meant by internal I2C pull ups and when they're needed.
Thanks a lot!

Plata

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

@Plata:
There is a description of pullups needs in this post : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104