MW 2.3 sbus problem

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
haydent

Re: MW 2.3 sbus problem

Post by haydent »

superevan wrote:Does anybody know if its possible to feed Sbus in to the MWC but then output any extra channels for things like gimbal pitch/roll, camera switcher, lights, things like that not related to or reliant on MWC?

I have a Corona 7ch Sbus compatible Rx, but when using Sbus I can squeeze all 10 channels out of it. Only problem is I need those last 3 channels for functions not relating to the MWC so I'd need to extract and pass them through the output pins of the MWC if possible. Unless there's a better way to do this.

I'm pretty new to Multiwii and merely have my tricopter in the air. Now I just want to simplify wiring and loose some weight :)

i have done this simply here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5417&p=54208#p54208

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Alexinparis wrote:Hi,

I've just committed the mod suggested by JohnB.
With no option (permanent mod)
I think current SBUS users will have to look carefully at the change mod in next version.

Why? Please make it optional for those who already have a perfect signal setup.

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

haydent wrote:i had no problem, i copied my aileron channel to all channels 5-16 and had them all working at once fine

Thank you.

After I noticed that the firmware source was older than the 2.3 release, I suspected it was a bug that had already been corrected. I will build firmware for this board using the latest source and make sure the problem no longer exists.

John

UPDATE Aug 03,2014

I did a build today using the latest source found at https://github.com/multiwii/multiwii-firmware with config.h modified for my configuration. Everything worked fine. So, I believe this problem was caused by the use of old firmware source.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

-ralf- wrote:

I think current SBUS users will have to look carefully at the change mod in next version.

Why? Please make it optional for those who already have a perfect signal setup.

Because here, it's a problem of SBUS code design. From a user view it's a question of travel range adjusting, nothing more.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

haydent wrote:

From what I understand, I see no reason to make post scale treatment on spektrum system.
The fact users have to increase the travel range in the tx to reach [1000-2000] us is common for every system and spektrum is in the same case as standard or ppm rx on this point.

Thanks Alex ! can you commit this fix too: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4425&p=54178#p54127 (posted above, it seems sbus has never worked with lcd config)

many problems here ;)
1) you said no problem with spektrum, but the code for spektrum changes also
2) Plüschi suggested of mod viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4425&start=30#p45299, and in this mod (r1648) readSpektrum() was removed form readRawRC()
3) were all side effects taken into account ? I don't know as I can't test (only ppm on my side). So what must I change ?

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

I did post my thingie based on latest dev code on post "Plüschi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 am" but it got swamped. I re-attach it for inspiration.
Come-on, it's making 125% on a number, this is pretty basic stuff .... this aint no rocket science.

If you want the beautiful thing look at this:
https://github.com/multiwii/baseflight/ ... src/sbus.c
Not one single bit-shift ;) But also no scaling (im lazy).
Attachments
scaled_rx.zip
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

haydent

Post by haydent »

Alexinparis wrote:many problems here ;)
1) you said no problem with spektrum, but the code for spektrum changes also
2) Plüschi suggested of mod viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4425&start=30#p45299, and in this mod (r1648) readSpektrum() was removed form readRawRC()
3) were all side effects taken into account ? I don't know as I can't test (only ppm on my side). So what must I change ?

sorry, i was working off 2.3 and i just looked at current svn which contains r1648. so im happy with pluschi's changes but we will have to make further changes to add support for config lcd, as with it the way it is only pwm will work with it , and sbus and spek and lrs i dont see working at all. as i said the problem is in LCD.cpp configurationLoop() function there is a while (LCD == 1) { that loops while the lcd is active for configuration. and while in this loop it does not operate the primary arduino loop() function, so thats why it calls readRawRC(i); to process the needed input signals. Will suggest a solution some time unless beaten to it by anyone else... :)

LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

...which Version (MultiWii) or patch do I need to run a FrSky X8R reciever via SBus to a NanoWii? What should I set in the congig.h?

Uwe

haydent

Post by haydent »

its been in since 2.3 i believe but later is better >=r1648 in config you need to enable the option and adjust its options. (also you need an inverter cable, if you dont already)