What about axisPID[THROTTLE]

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
iosonologio

What about axisPID[THROTTLE]

Post by iosonologio »

It is bugging me a little bit how rcCommand[THROTTLE] is used both for the RC input and for the throttle output. To the point that correction on the throttle are done like rcCommand[THROTTLE]+= throttleAngleCorrection;

Wouldn't it be more coherent with the rest of the code to have a value axisPID[THROTTLE] and use that in mixTable().
It will require a little work here and there in the code, but will make future coding more neat.

Alexinparis

Re: What about axisPID[THROTTLE]

Post by Alexinparis »

iosonologio wrote:It is bugging me a little bit how rcCommand[THROTTLE] is used both for the RC input and for the throttle output. To the point that correction on the throttle are done like rcCommand[THROTTLE]+= throttleAngleCorrection;

Wouldn't it be more coherent with the rest of the code to have a value axisPID[THROTTLE] and use that in mixTable().

I'm not sure. Global trust due to THROTTLE is something which is constant whatever axisPID values.

iosonologio

Re: What about axisPID[THROTTLE]

Post by iosonologio »

Alexinparis wrote: Global trust due to THROTTLE is something which is constant whatever axisPID values.

Well, that's only partially true, with the new THROTTLE_ANGLE_CORRECTION the trust depend on the angle. and even more, throttle angle correction and althold work on rcCommand[THROTTLE] directly, in separate part of the code. it seems to me that having a dedicated "output thrust" parameter would clean up the code, and an axisPID[THROTTLE] seems to me the most logical implementation.