Release v2.3 is coming soon... prepare

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Alexinparis

Re: Release v2.3 is coming soon... prepare

Post by Alexinparis »

PatrikE wrote:If RCSERIAL MSP is detected it will a always overide all other RC-commands.

In fact not all, only those which are not set to 0.
=> you can use RCSERIAL to control only the chan you want, and you can still use Conventional RC at the same time for other channels.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Yes - correct !!!
And yes - very odd - I can't see the link to why its doing it.

Scenario
Hovering in Horizon mode
If yaw slow or medium speed its fine
If apply full yaw quickly say one way then the other, sometimes the rear motor spins up like full throttle very briefly. Enough to get it 45-90 degrees from level. Then level (or me) settles it back into a level hover.
Its such a fast change it almost feels like something has overflowed

I also tried HW PWM on MEGA just in case - although can't see link between yaw and rear motor.
I all other respects it seems to be fine.

Maybe its better if show a vid. See if I can get one for you

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi,
in r1573 GUI at the tab "settings" are newly adjustments fields for buzzer alarm voltages but unfortunately the step of modification is 1V. This is too raw to be useful - I can set only e.g. 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 volts but not 10.2 or 10.3. :(
Is it possible to modify it in final 2.3 GUI to have adjustment resolution 0.1V?
Thanks!
Roman
BTW: Today I flew 3 batteries with r1573 on my 1kg tricopter with Crius SE board and it seems to fly very good (but I didn't test fast YAWing)
R.

HSPalm

Post by HSPalm »

Hobby developer here. And I keep asking myself, why I still have to do some basic settings like min/max throttle value in config, I think this would be better off i GUI as it's a pain to tweak config.h values while out flying.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

HSPalm wrote:Hobby developer here. And I keep asking myself, why I still have to do some basic settings like min/max throttle value in config, I think this would be better off i GUI as it's a pain to tweak config.h values while out flying.

and what about "GUI globalsettings pane" ?

Deet

Post by Deet »

There is an issue with the GUI on Mac OSX 10.8.5

The labels for the comm ports overflow the boxes and the text covers some of the PIDs

shikra

Post by shikra »

yes- i have same GUI overflow. Wasn't sure if it was just me as I was running it within processing - on win7

timecop

Post by timecop »

shikra wrote:yes- i have same GUI overflow. Wasn't sure if it was just me as I was running it within processing - on win7

How the fuk do you people manage to get 100s of com ports in your system? Is this something FTDI drivers do? (luckily I never had more than one FTDI dongle). And why are they all appearing at same time?? Do you actually have like 20 USBS>Serial dongles connected? Do you not know how to go to device manager, port properties, and reassign it from COM137 to like COM2?

iosonologio

Post by iosonologio »

timecop wrote:
shikra wrote:yes- i have same GUI overflow. Wasn't sure if it was just me as I was running it within processing - on win7

How the fuk do you people manage to get 100s of com ports in your system? Is this something FTDI drivers do? (luckily I never had more than one FTDI dongle). And why are they all appearing at same time?? Do you actually have like 20 USBS>Serial dongles connected? Do you not know how to go to device manager, port properties, and reassign it from COM137 to like COM2?

Nope, The problem is on the length of the device name, like "/dev/ttyUSB...." the text goes over the name of the PID. In previous edition "/dev/" was removed. Hope that somebody will know how to fix that, it is a minor problem but rather annoying.

Gio

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

timecop wrote:How the fuk do you people manage to get 100s of com ports in your system?

Laptops that have built in bluetooth will sometimes hold COM ports for paired devices.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

timecop wrote:How the fuk do you people manage to get 100s of com ports in your system? Is this something FTDI drivers do? (luckily I never had more than one FTDI dongle). And why are they all appearing at same time?? Do you actually have like 20 USBS>Serial dongles connected? Do you not know how to go to device manager, port properties, and reassign it from COM137 to like COM2?

Do you not know your 'diagnosis' misses the point completely?

I had originally put in some code that stripped the leading /dev/tty but had to remove it in order for the Reconnect feature to work the way it was implemented for mac and possibly unix. So we have too long device names now. Users can collapse the list and see the pids unobscured. Not cool but noone offered to rewrite / separate devices display and reconnect functionality ( itthe full device name is required to be saved )

shikra

Post by shikra »

Your making and assumption...

I only have one com port.

timecop wrote:

shikra

Post by shikra »

Alex - update from todays testing...

Put a third controller on board and new ppm cable - this one is 328 based with different sensors. Same issue.

I have a suspicion it may be PPM related. Only happens when full right yaw and level switch is on. Maybe its a rx fault or just on edge of some PPM framing timing issue. More testing to come...

On a POSITIVE !
I also tested a PARIS board on another tricopter with uhf rx- no issues
Tested flying in acro/horizon/level
GPS hold
GPS RTH
LEDRING
OLED

no issues found.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Have you tested to use another AUX switch than AUX1 to enable Accmode?
Just to test PPM framing timing issue between ch4 and Aux1.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Thanks patrick -

I found issue...
replaced three controllers
replaced two rx
replace 2 servos
6000mah on servo line to cut noise.
still same... WTF!

BUT issue only showed when servo connected.
Changed to different brand of servo and its fine!
refitted original servo and put ferrite on servo line. Its still good!!

GUI was brilliant to troubleshoot- as shook yaw servo, could just see the rx pwm flicker. ferrite has stopped that too. Is now perfect.

Jeez - don't know why it suddenly started to show after updating firmware. Maybe subtle change that highlighted issue I already had.

Deet

Post by Deet »

Hamburger wrote:. Users can collapse the list and see the pids unobscured. Not cool but noone offered to rewrite / separate devices display and reconnect functionality ( itthe full device name is required to be saved )

How do you collapse the list?

HSPalm

Post by HSPalm »

Alexinparis wrote:
HSPalm wrote:Hobby developer here. And I keep asking myself, why I still have to do some basic settings like min/max throttle value in config, I think this would be better off i GUI as it's a pain to tweak config.h values while out flying.

and what about "GUI globalsettings pane" ?

Yes, I did a search on that but didn't find anything. Is it what I am wishing for?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Deet wrote:
Hamburger wrote:. Users can collapse the list and see the pids unobscured. Not cool but noone offered to rewrite / separate devices display and reconnect functionality ( itthe full device name is required to be saved )

by clicking on the title line of the list "Port list" or at least the '+' on the right

Deet

Post by Deet »

Hamburger wrote:
Deet wrote:

by clicking on the title line of the list "Port list" or at least the '+' on the right

Ok I did that and it solves most of the issue

BUT the name of the selected port gets printed above that title line and it remains after you close the port list, the text still extends into the PID window, at least with one line of text its not too hard to deal with. But still does not look very good

ttcorse

Post by ttcorse »

Sorry for my English.
I have a problem with the GPS.
Using a quad with Crius AIO v1, do not you start searching for satellites, the LED remains lit, if I plug socket usb to pc starts blinking to find satelliti.e after it all works.
With 2.2 everything is ok.
thank you very much

Magik30

Post by Magik30 »

hello gentlemen

I tested the first version pre 2.3.avec Crius se
the yaw servo for tricopter to reverse does not work.
// # define YAW_DIRECTION 1
# define YAW_DIRECTION -1
it always goes in the same direction

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Use Gui to reverse direction.

Magik30

Post by Magik30 »

ok cool it works well.
I actually had not seen the igh menu in the GUI.
I saw also MAG 0.4 if I change this value that happening?

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

In config the

Code: Select all

/******************* RC signal from the serial port via Multiwii Serial Protocol *********/
      #define RCSERIAL

option is missing.
Why ?

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi,
today I tested r1573 in 328 (Crius SE) with I2C_GPS_NAV_v2_2 loaded in Arduino Promini and ALWAYS after powering ON I see three I2C errors in GUI. Then it works normally and number of errors remains on 3, but previously it wasn't like this. Probably just bad timing during bootup, but doesn't look nice because we, ordinary users, were taught that I2C errors are bad and shouldn't be there ;) .
Another strange thing is that when I change some values (like PID) over GUI and press "WRITE" button, FC reboots. It also started happenning after connecting I2C GPS.
Can someone verify this before 2.3 release?
Thanks!
Roman

ezio

Post by ezio »

NikTheGreek wrote:In config the

/******************* RC signal from the serial port via Multiwii Serial Protocol *********/
      #define RCSERIAL

option is missing.
Why ?

because it is enabled by default

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

Thank you ezio :D

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
I did a small overview with the new PRE Code and I stumbled upon a small thing I'd like to adress:

I like to start action style with the copter in my hand tilted and then start engines and throttle up in acro and let it loose,

I need to fly with my Camera below the copter and becuase of vibration feedback I do not use a Skit, so I need to start from my hand.
The copter checks if being tilted ons tartup and this prevents me from starting like this. Same goes to starting on uneven ground.

I like to suggest the following (I use this by myself successfully):
Introduce a parameter that disables this security feature for advanced users.

void go_arm() {
  if(calibratingG == 0
  #if defined(ONLYARMWHENFLAT)
    && f.ACC_CALIBRATED
  #endif

ONLYARMWHENFLAT is activated per default, so new users have the security of not making mistakes and those that are interested can change that.

please discuss my proposal openly.
Nils

ps.: what happened to:

#define PLEVELDIV 1500 // (*) default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
    #define PLEVELDIVSOFT 5000 // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000

?? Will it affect my pmeter?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Those two vars have become non.tunable by default.
For new pmeter only setup psensornull and pint2ma.

timecop

Post by timecop »

is VBATSCALE stuff going to be fixed to be correct instead of some joke value, in 2.3?

(patch was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3995

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

in "Config.h" is a little typing error:

#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 1967// to step to next telemetry page 967 <=> 3s

to

#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 967// to step to next telemetry page 967 <=> 3s

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

In the Config.h the section:

/*********************** Cam Stabilisation ***********************/
/* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system. Uncomment the first or second line to activate it */
//#define SERVO_MIX_TILT
#define SERVO_TILT

Don't work with Poti on Radio.
Only the Automatik Camstab is ready.
In previous Versions you can change with Poti (AUX3) the Gimbal position. it is dosent work in 1573.

Mis

Post by Mis »

Don't work with Poti on Radio.

Start GUI, go to settibgs tab and assign AUX channel for SERVO1 middle position.

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

Mis wrote:Start GUI, go to settibgs tab and assign AUX channel for SERVO1 middle position.

OK, that works!
Thanks Mis...

BUT that is definite not intuitive!!! ;)
A minimum is a description near the scalebox.
A Dropbox would be much better.

ttcorse

Post by ttcorse »

I discovered the solution to the problem of the fix for FC CRIUS aio.
Need to be reset after the first power in practice as it had done before EOSBandi not alter the gps.ino sending a session string to the GPS turned on.
I wonder will lost it ported?
EOSBandi help!

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

rbirdie001 wrote:Hi,
today I tested r1573 in 328 (Crius SE) with I2C_GPS_NAV_v2_2 loaded in Arduino Promini and ALWAYS after powering ON I see three I2C errors in GUI. Then it works normally and number of errors remains on 3, but previously it wasn't like this. Probably just bad timing during bootup, but doesn't look nice because we, ordinary users, were taught that I2C errors are bad and shouldn't be there ;) .

I see also the 3 errors when I use a I2C_GPS_NAV. I suppose it will be corrected with EOS GPS update.

Another strange thing is that when I change some values (like PID) over GUI and press "WRITE" button, FC reboots. It also started happenning after connecting I2C GPS.
Thanks!
Roman

I can't reproduce it.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

jevermeister wrote:Hi,
I did a small overview with the new PRE Code and I stumbled upon a small thing I'd like to adress:

I like to start action style with the copter in my hand tilted and then start engines and throttle up in acro and let it loose,

I need to fly with my Camera below the copter and becuase of vibration feedback I do not use a Skit, so I need to start from my hand.
The copter checks if being tilted ons tartup and this prevents me from starting like this. Same goes to starting on uneven ground.

I like to suggest the following (I use this by myself successfully):
Introduce a parameter that disables this security feature for advanced users.

void go_arm() {
  if(calibratingG == 0
  #if defined(ONLYARMWHENFLAT)
    && f.ACC_CALIBRATED
  #endif

ONLYARMWHENFLAT is activated per default, so new users have the security of not making mistakes and those that are interested can change that.

Ok, why not.
But note staying below 25 deg is quite achievable even by hands ;)

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

Alexinparis wrote:Ok, why not.
But note staying below 25 deg is quite achievable even by hands ;)

Thanks, :-)

But I like to start 45° and give full throttle. That impresses the ladies ;-).

Someone volunteers to code that? I have no access to svn anymore!

Nils

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

Hi,
i tested today 3 Akkus with 1573 on my own PCB.
After new PID Setting (R/P 4.0) YAW D =120 (can this be ok? The Jump at YAW is so mostly ok) and YAWRate =0,5 (before 0,8) the Copter is in a new league :shock:

Verry Cool! Thank You...
I think the Flighttime is now longer (subjective-no measurement).

linuxslate

Post by linuxslate »

Comment on ONLYARMWHENFLAT:

When we fly the toy mini's and micro's, one test we do is the upsidedown hand-toss.

Starting with motors off, and holding the Quad upsidedown, toss it out in front of you, then give it some throttle.

A mini or micro with good flight control system should right itself, and fly on happily.

While this is not something I'd try with my 450 Brushless FPV system, I do realize that there are people working on mini and even micro MultiWii 'copters.

Perhaps just so that MultiWii can "Check all the boxes" - i.e. pass the upsidedown hand-toss, we should implement something like this. (With adequate warnings).

--- Just my $0.02

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Alexinparis wrote:
rbirdie001 wrote:Hi,

I see also the 3 errors when I use a I2C_GPS_NAV. I suppose it will be corrected with EOS GPS update.

Thanks!
Roman

I can't reproduce it.

Hi Alex,
I again tried to get rid of reboot after writing data to FC so I again cleared its EEPROM and reloaded r1573. I have Crius SE board with connected I2C GPS in Promini. Behavior is exactly the same - three I2C errors from the beginning and reboot when writing settings to EEPROM. See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r_KaEdLsfI
Note, that after unwanted reboot I2C errors are not there anymore (it confirms reboot?).
I'm attaching my actual config.h, no other file was altered. You can try to reproduce the fault...
When I disconected I2C GPS and disabled it in config.h, writing to EEPROM worked perfectly without reboot, as it should.
Sorry, I'm used that what works for everyone, it usually doesn't work for me. At least I should be good as a beta tester ;)
Roman
Attachments
config.zip
My actual config.h with activated I2C GPS
(19.36 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi to all,

Just giving my feedback regarding the pre v2.3. I tested it with my Xcopter that has a Crius SE FC and didn't found any problem. My rig is nothing fancy, just a X525 with ANGLE and MAG activated.

I still have to tune the PIDs since I felt the Xcopter too loose when flying with defaults. I used the LCD via Blueterm in Android to increase the roll and pitch P to 5.4 just to test. It flew better but now I think I need to change the PID for the LEVEL because it seems to take too long to return to horizontal. Any suggestions?

It's looking good to be released sometime soon. Excellent work from the developers and off course, Alex.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

Ringo42

Post by Ringo42 »

I'm new to multiwii. My board has 2.2 on it. where do I get 2.3 when it comes out? Will it be posted here? I've got an issue where the rear left motor doesn't power up correctly and I'm hoping 2.3 will fix it.
Thanks

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

info on
- servos pins and setup
- private defaults
- new powermeter setup
updated in wiki and links put into config.h

Please read and enhance.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I seem to remember we moved some servo pins for some coptertypes. In case this would collide with former motor pins it could easily fry a servo fast. So a warning notice would be good. Anyone remember which coptertype(s) was affected beyond TRI on mega with hardware.pwm?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Plans, FlyingWing and BI Servos was also changed.

city_kid

Post by city_kid »

@Hamburger

Where is the "updated wiki" for v2.3....?

Many thanks!

city_kid

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

from trunk/Readme.txt:

Documentation for releases should be in the official wiki at
http://www.multiwii.com/wiki

Dunno know how it was spelled in last release notes.
Have fun.

obor

Post by obor »

Hi,
One question: do you plan to integrate changing pids with POT value and Ziegler-Nichols algorythm as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701
?
Thanks