GPS NAV

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
howardhb

Re: GPS NAV

Post by howardhb »

What's the idea behind the rule, that we can only plan a mission when armed?

Exactly the opposite is the rule.

Code: Select all

if(!f.ARMED && !f.BARO_MODE && (f.GPS_mode == 0) ) { // arm now! 

Notice the "!" ahead of the evaluation above.
The "!" Is a logical NOT ie: Not armed and not in Baro mode.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

I talked about planning a mission in the GUI not flying the mission :D

captainanthony

Post by captainanthony »

where can I find the b4xmas downloads ? to enable using multiwii pro with missions sorry to ask on this thread this is the only mention of it I can find

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

captainanthony wrote:where can I find the b4xmas downloads ? to enable using multiwii pro with missions sorry to ask on this thread this is the only mention of it I can find

latest version is available at http://eosbandi.com/downloads

mopedcrosser

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi Eos,

thanks for all your superb work again !

Maybe I am too stupid but whereever I look I cant find an option to assign an aux channel to a PIN for a servo on my board. Was easy in MWii 2.2 but now i still wasnt able to figure it out in your release nor in the official 2.3. Could someone please post a little step by step... I just want to map an Aux to a Pin to override an offset my brushless gimbal during flight. Is there an option to unlock the other Aux channels in GuI ? It shows me 8 channels, but gives me only 4 to assign functions...

Best regards

Seb

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

mopedcrosser wrote:Hi Eos,

Maybe I am too stupid but whereever I look I cant find an option to assign an aux channel to a PIN for a servo on my board. Was easy in MWii 2.2 but now i still wasnt able to figure it out in your release nor in the official 2.3. Could someone please post a little step by step... I just want to map an Aux to a Pin to override an offset my brushless gimbal during flight. Is there an option to unlock the other Aux channels in GuI ? It shows me 8 channels, but gives me only 4 to assign functions...

Best regards

Seb

IIRC, servo Support is not yet implemented.
Maybe you can plug the servo directly into the receiver? The FC doesn't need to know everything, pssst ;)

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

mopedcrosser wrote:Hi Eos,

Best regards

Seb

Please use the forum and put your question to the appropriate group, don't derail ths topic.

captainanthony

Post by captainanthony »

Been using (hobbyking)multiwiii pro with mtk3329 gps (115200baud ) on gui2.1 now decided to try out 2.3 with nav. which sound like it should be fantastic for what I have seen on you tube

Downloaded the two files from http://eosbandi.com/downloads everything looks good on the GUI
However when I fly the quad "position hold" and "rth" seem like they do nothing "baro" works real well !
All looks good on the gui showing that the swiches do actually enable home and hold etc
I have been through the sketch like 20 times .but still no luck
Should position hold work at low altitude ?? SAY 5MTR from the ground or do I need to be way up there for it to work
As soon as I go back to my old settings( on gui2.1 + old sketch eveything works fine
Hence I dare not try out the way point mission yet
Is this the latest gui/sketch version or should I be looking for something else

msp8888

Post by msp8888 »

I am having the same issue, altitude hold seems to work fine but none of the GPS modes are working. And another thing that happened to me was whenever the "headfree" mode is active my stick inputs for pitch become roll and roll become pitch.that makes it very difficult to control.

Im using a ready to fly quads multiwii pro 3 and ublox GPS.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

It seems that I introduced a bug which prohibit gps modes... i'm currently testing the fix. as a quick workaround you can enable DO_NOT_RESET_HOME_AT_ARM which will fix it.... (but sets home at first arming)

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Hi András,

please confirm correct typo

DONT_RESET_HOME_AT_ARM instead of DO_NOT_RESET_HOME_AT_ARM

and Home is set when you do gyro calibration with stick command?

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

-ralf- wrote:Hi András,

It is in the config.h just uncommon.
I did not check the stick command, but will upload fixed version within two hours.....

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

EOSBandi wrote:
-ralf- wrote:Hi András,

It is in the config.h just uncommon.
I did not check the stick command, but will upload fixed version within two hours.....

Thanks, I'll wait for fixed version ....

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Ok, B7 navi code with Pre10 WinGUI is out at http://eosbandi.com/downloads/

Changes
Navi Code
Some refactoring were done to clean up GPS code
Fixed nasty bug which prohibited navi functions
Changed default values of navi and poshold pids (based on RCExpolorer Tri2.5)

WinGUI
RC options cleanup when disconnect
buttons to zoom in/out on map (alt+ and alt- hotkeys also added)
Spoken announcement of vbat, altitude and distance to home. (configurable on GUI settings tab)

This version were flight tested..

visper

Post by visper »

In this version not working Minimosd on the serial port 3. I don't know why. In the previous version it worked fine. My motherboard is AIOP Crius.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

visper wrote:In this version not working Minimosd on the serial port 3. I don't know why. In the previous version it worked fine. My motherboard is AIOP Crius.

Check your connections. There were no changes regarding to serial communications/

visper

Post by visper »

EOSBandi wrote:
visper wrote:In this version not working Minimosd on the serial port 3. I don't know why. In the previous version it worked fine. My motherboard is AIOP Crius.

Check your connections. There were no changes regarding to serial communications/

The problem is solved. Sw in Minimosd was corrupted.

captainanthony

Post by captainanthony »

just tried it out (in the dark) ...in my yard trees everywhere..baro + position hold worked well ...........copter drifted around in an area within a diameter of around 6m with light wind GOOD JOB !

system450

Post by system450 »

Hi everyone !
Is it possible to have autoland on atmega328p ?
And a return home that stops the drone at a specified altitude and gps home without landing ?
Is possible to have it on multiwii 2.2 ?
Thanks in advance !!!

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

system450 wrote:Hi everyone !
Is it possible to have autoland on atmega328p ?
And a return home that stops the drone at a specified altitude and gps home without landing ?
Is possible to have it on multiwii 2.2 ?
Thanks in advance !!!

Nope, you need an atmega2560 FC for that.

system450

Post by system450 »

But i have an external i2c nav board (based on a 328p chip)connected to the gps module and i can use the rth function. I'd like the quad to return not only to the gps home position but to a specified altitude reading the barometer.

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

system450 wrote:But i have an external i2c nav board (based on a 328p chip)connected to the gps module and i can use the rth function. I'd like the quad to return not only to the gps home position but to a specified altitude reading the barometer.

If you want to use the code EOSBandi is working on in this developement thread. I'll save EOSBandi from repeating himself:

EOSBandi wrote:Nope, you need an atmega2560 FC for that.

ATmega328p is dead. it should have died a long time ago. Working on code for it is a waste of time. If you want it to RTH at a specific altitude, you should have some fun hacking the relevant I2C_GPS_NAV code for yourself... but this code runs on mega2560.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Plus the cost of a mega 2560 with 10 degrees of freedom sensors is just dirt cheap. There is just no reason to continue the 328p development.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Maybe possible to merge with https://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/detail?r=1653.

witespy's Multiwii pro V2.0 hasn't got a A0 Pin header available.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

Hi EosBandi,
today I discovered an error in the GUI:
when I set more waypoints than the screen can show, a scrollbar on the right side appears.
Unfortunately the scrollbar covers the "delete waypoint" button on my 1024x600 netbook-screen.

mission-error_small.jpg

The only chance to modify a mission is to overwrite it with a saved ( and short ) mission and start all over again. :?
Would it be possible to swap the position of the up/down-arrows and the red "x" ?

Another wish from my side: when I create a circle, I now can't define the 1st waypoint of the circle. It always starts north of the center, right? You could ask the user, where to start: e.g.

radius
amount of WP
startangle

Pat1300

Post by Pat1300 »

Hi o_lampe,
You can also delete a waypoint by right-clicking it on the map, then "Delete Waypoint"
Alos, you may resize one of the column in the table to schrink it: the last column (X) will appear.

Patrick

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

Thanks Patrick,
your tip was very helpful :D

I played a bit with the timedPosHold and SetHeading. I wanted to make the copter turn 360° on a spot. So I defined 6x the same timedWP and 6x setHeading varying 60° each.
The result was diassapointing, instead of hovering at the same place, the copter went all over the flying field and the heading never seemed to be "under control".
The copter is well trimmed and infinite PosHold works much better.
Looks like the NAV Software doesn't like WPs that are too close to each other ( or even match the old WP )
Maybe a new command would be helpful here: PosHold in combination with a SweepHeading command.

The heading inaccuracy is also visible when I define a circle and setPOI at the center of the circle. I hoped, the copter would always aim to the center, but between WPs the heading is wrong.

For later NAV versions I would like to have a "camera-trigger" command implemented in the mission planner and also a PosHold command that loiters until a definable switch or other event happens. That would be more flexible than the timedPosHold..

But beside this, the NAV feature is my favoured toy ATM :D

<edit> BTW: wouldn't it be better to rename the PosHoldtimed and PosHoldInfinite into timedPH and InfPH? That would make it easier to read the mission.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Just a quick note.... WP's must be farer from each other than the wp_radius, othervise navigation engine will confused........

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

I dont understand some stuff in GPS_calc_poshold(). Can somoene explain?
------------------
target_speed = get_P(error[axis], &posholdPID_PARAM);
target_speed is not speed but the positioning error * pid-P ?

rate_error[axis] = target_speed - actual_speed[axis];
now mixing pos-error and speed. Why?

nav[axis] = rate_error[axis] * pid-P
same P factor the second time. Why?
------------------

I have tested with NaviSim ( 1A plus utility thank you ) and somehow things do not seem right to me.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Plüschi wrote:I dont understand some stuff in GPS_calc_poshold(). Can somoene explain?
------------------
target_speed = get_P(error[axis], &posholdPID_PARAM);
target_speed is not speed but the positioning error * pid-P ?

rate_error[axis] = target_speed - actual_speed[axis];
now mixing pos-error and speed. Why?

nav[axis] = rate_error[axis] * pid-P
same P factor the second time. Why?
------------------

I have tested with NaviSim ( 1A plus utility thank you ) and somehow things do not seem right to me.

Target speed directly relates to the lat/lon error (bigger error bigger speed).
And desired rate is depends on the difference between actual speed and target speed. (bigger difference, bigger speed)
and there are actually two set of PID controllers
A P only for the speed error and a full PID for the rate error.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

TY. Cant say i understand all yet but i try :)
What i do is to feed navisim data into the FC and watch custom debug outputs.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Please note, that navsim is not really good for tuning poshold... It is meant for testing the nav state engine..,

Pat1300

Post by Pat1300 »

Hi EosBandi,

I think I detected an issue in your WinGUI ( I use 2.3 pre10 B7 ):
I have a configuration QUADX, but I want to use CAMSTAB and CAMTRIG.
Unfortunately, the WinGUI don't expose the settings for the servos 0(pitch), 1(roll), 2(trigger) in QUADX configuration.
I looked at you maingui.cs, and indeed the method set_servo_control() is only called for servo 0,1,2 when multiwii is in Gimbal configuration, but not for others like QUADX.

I compared with the code of multiwiiconf, and there it detects the usage of CAMSTAB/CAMTRIG by setting global variables when parsing the buttonchecboxes:

Code: Select all

if ( name.equals("CAMTRIG")) camTrigger=true;
  if ( name.equals("CAMSTAB") || name.equals("CAMTRIG")) gimbal=true;

I think that, if you use the same kind of tests and then call set_servo_control() for servos 0,1 and 2 in your maingui.cs around line 2074, depending on those two global variables, this will resolve the issue.

Best regards, and congratulations for your wonderfull impleeantation of Navi code in Multiwii, :-)
Patrick - Belgium

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

Would it be possible to use the max_NAV-speed routine not only during navigation, but all the time?

As long as my copter is calm, I can controll it, but sometimes it gets wild and accelerates beyond my capabilities :?
A global max_speed variable would help me much...

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

EOSBandi wrote:Please note, that navsim is not really good for tuning poshold...

I dont care because its VERY USEFUL :!:

Sometimes i do have problems with getting Navisim data into the FC... see edit

Edit:
NVM i think i found the error.
Multiwii.cpp reinits the serial to 115 and disables GPS if it doesent detect a gps right away. Another #ifdef gone wrong :)

Question:
What is the "above noise" minimum speed a GPS can reliably detect?

civicexa

Post by civicexa »

Hi all, great job EOSBandi,

I have some questions about my QUADX with the MW2.3 navi B7 software.

I'm using MW-PRO with MTK GPS:

So far I have tried the Alt-Hold and works well, the GPS-Hold works well, MAG-Hold works well, Level also works but when I activate the Mision nothing happens. What can it be? The mission is loaded correctly and verified.

Initially active RC switch with Mag Hold, Baro Hold, Hold Level and GPS. After that active another RC switch wich is the Mission. But it does nothing. I'm doing it correctly?

Thanks in advance.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

civicexa wrote:Hi all, great job EOSBandi,

I have some questions about my QUADX with the MW2.3 navi B7 software.

I'm using MW-PRO with MTK GPS:

So far I have tried the Alt-Hold and works well, the GPS-Hold works well, MAG-Hold works well, Level also works but when I activate the Mision nothing happens. What can it be? The mission is loaded correctly and verified.

Initially active RC switch with Mag Hold, Baro Hold, Hold Level and GPS. After that active another RC switch wich is the Mission. But it does nothing. I'm doing it correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Home is override poshold and poshold is override mission....
for mission you need inactive rth and poshold....

dm571

Post by dm571 »

Thats strange but my QC with Pro board (red board) behave very strange with latest firmware. Cant make it hoover... qc behave like a drunk :) then i came back to b6 and everything is fine!! With complete same settings. Then i upload MultiWii_dev_2014_01_14__r1648 and qc act just like with b7 navi. Any ideas?
p.s. There is no hardware mistakes for 100%

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

dm571 wrote:Thats strange but my QC with Pro board (red board) behave very strange with latest firmware. Cant make it hoover... qc behave like a drunk :) then i came back to b6 and everything is fine!! With complete same settings. Then i upload MultiWii_dev_2014_01_14__r1648 and qc act just like with b7 navi. Any ideas?
p.s. There is no hardware mistakes for 100%

Please explain more... what do you mean "hoover" ? Poshold, alt hold or flying by stick ?

dm571

Post by dm571 »

flying by stick. qc actually holding in the air and it seems like acc isnt working... best description as if my QC without accelerometer... i had same fight with HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board a long time ago :) And with B6 i have red board again )))

mopedcrosser

Post by mopedcrosser »

thx for the hint with the waypoint distance and waypoint radius.. This was what my navigation messed up.

o_lampe

Post by o_lampe »

mopedcrosser wrote:thx for the hint with the waypoint distance and waypoint radius.. This was what my navigation messed up.

Chime in here...
Would it make sense to set the waypoint radius smaller than the expected accuracy of the GPS?
( e.g. UBLOX 6H has 2.5meters accuracy )

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Got a Problem on the Pre B7.

Laptop Bluetooth and Android Bluetooth give me trouble...
No data or no connection at all.
only the wired UBS connection worked

Downgraded to 2.3.
Everything Okay (same hardware & same EZGui & WinGui Pre 10).

anyone a suggestion.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Downgraded to 2.3.

anyone a suggestion.

Check serial port speed in config.h

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

ezio wrote:

Downgraded to 2.3.

anyone a suggestion.

Multiwii 2.3
#define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 115200
#define SERIAL1_COM_SPEED 115200
#define SERIAL2_COM_SPEED 115200
#define SERIAL3_COM_SPEED 115200

Multiwii 2.3 nav b7
#define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 57600
#define SERIAL1_COM_SPEED 57600

You suggest to equal that to 2.3? Also curious why that would be the problem.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:
ezio wrote:

Downgraded to 2.3.

anyone a suggestion.

Multiwii 2.3
#define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 115200
#define SERIAL1_COM_SPEED 115200

Multiwii 2.3 nav b7
#define SERIAL0_COM_SPEED 57600
#define SERIAL1_COM_SPEED 57600

You suggest to equal that to 2.3? Also curious why that would be the problem.

Set it as in the 2.3 and it should work. Standard communication speed for multiwii is 115200 so the apps and bluetooth module expect that speed. If you change a speed in config.h to the lower one, you also have to reconfigure BT module to that speed.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Thanks for the answer,

I didn't change it since it was preconfigured.
But now i know, i'll check and expect that that would be the answer.

engamila

Post by engamila »

Hello EOSBandi and all

There is a problem on auto takeoff. My quad need 1400pwm to hoover.But when I switched to mission mode motor speeds are only increase up to 1350pwm. :( I use multiwii 2.3 navi b7 version which was release on 16/02/2014.Anyone have idea? Please help me.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

engamila wrote:Hello EOSBandi and all

There is a problem on auto takeoff. My quad need 1400pwm to hoover.But when I switched to mission mode motor speeds are only increase up to 1350pwm. :( I use multiwii 2.3 navi b7 version which was release on 16/02/2014.Anyone have idea? Please help me.

I think the root cause of this is the fact that THERE IS NO AUTO TAKEOFF :D

engamila

Post by engamila »

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I used wrong word. :) After arm the quad I switched to mission mode in ground level.In this case you mean I want to increase throttle to hoover the quad?I don't understand this.In mission mode throttle inputs are ignored.Then how can I hoover the copter in mission mode?Can't active mission mode in ground level? Or after hoovering the quad need switched to mission mode?Please explain me.
Last edited by engamila on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.