Problem with Gyro (WMP)

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Jochen

Problem with Gyro (WMP)

Post by Jochen »

My problem is, that in ACC Mode the right views on MultiwiiConf for "Roll" and "Pitch" are driftig away, ACC trimming with the transmitter is not possible. I use MWC 2.1 / 2.2

So I´ve tried a lot to find out the couse.
After calibrating ACC the values for ACC roll and ACC pitch are stable at 0 but I found out, the problem is that I have on gyro for Roll "-1" the most time and for gyro pitch a value fluctuating about "0" and "-1" which results in a driftig the level (the right to views an MultiWiiConf) are showing about -3 ... -12.

Additionally I found out, that the gyro is correct initialised / calibrated when I push the reset button on the arduino, or directyl after downloading the sketch - then the roll pitch values are flat at 0. But when I re-connect the Lipo to restart the board then I have the Issue with Roll / Pitch "-1".

I tried GYROCALIBRATIONFAILSAFE also with the "20" from the thread "errors in 2.2" but then the calibration doesn´t come to an end...

Crashpilot1000

Re: Problem with Gyro (WMP)

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Sorry, if i am too retarded to understand it, but you are complaining about missing acc functions when you actually have only a gyro attached and no acc at all ???
Perhaps it would help, if you would post your exact hardwaresetup so people can assist you.

Jochen

Post by Jochen »

Hi,

of course I have a ACC (ELV BMA020) but I consider the BMA020 not as the reason for the problems because the ACC Roll and Pitch values are constant after calibration on the still standing coper.

I found out, that the LEVEL (I can see that on the two Level Indicators on the right side of the GUI under the artifical horizon)of the copter drifts away becouse of Gyro-Roll and Gyro-Pitch values of "-1" on a not moving copter!!! I suppose the gyro values are integrated by the software and affect the LEVEL calculation. I can reconstruct that, when I lay my ACC (BMA020) flat on the table and move only the WMP. In my opinon the Gyro has to deliver zero-values when theres no movement.

In the end effect I suppose the Gyro (WMP) delivers no clear "0" Signal, when theres no movement on the copter, I think thats also the reason why the GYRO Failsavecalibration can not be compleated. But I don´t have any Idea why my Gyro delivers a (noisy??) signal of "-1" when the copter stands still on the table....

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I do not see what makes you think your problem to be a general software issue and not only limited to your individual setup?
My wmp+bma020 + arduino nano does not show such faulty behaviour I think.

Jochen

Post by Jochen »

I can´t remember having this drifting issue on oder versions.

But I tried a bit more and got a solution by increasing the value to 30. A value of only 20 as descriped in the 2.2 issues thread doesn´t take the effekt:

if (calibratingG % 10 == 0) {
if(abs(gyroADC[axis] - previousGyroADC[axis]) > 30) tilt=1; // changed to 30 -> original: 8
previousGyroADC[axis] = gyroADC[axis];

Im a bit helpless because the WMP works in an other copter perfect and I also changed the BMA020 !?!

Mis

Post by Mis »

Try run gyro calibration from TX sticks.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Actually I see same across a number of boards since 2.2

Hook up to GUI, make sure gyros and acc are calibrated and leave for a while....... No need for motors or anything to be on.
Gyros continue to read zero
Acc very close to calibrated values. Hardly any drift.

But the horizon and angle reported drift many degrees. Been meaning to take a look. Only noticed since 2.2 IMU changes