SOLVED: Pitch and Roll gone PLEASE help, VERY odd!!!

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Quad FRITZ

SOLVED: Pitch and Roll gone PLEASE help, VERY odd!!!

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Hi-

on my X8 (Crius AIO Pro, Crius V2 GPS, 3DR telemtry, FrSky via PPM Sum, MultiWii 2.2) I wanted to use an Oled (Crius), too for GPS status info.
I installed it and changed the code accordingly.
Doing the testflight I found Pitch and Roll not working any more (Angle mode always on with this copter- it still keeps it stable, but I can not steer it any more AT ALL...).
I tried everything (changing SW back and forth), disconnect Oled,...

Still not working. Yaw and everything else seems fine. :evil:

The odd thing- in the GUI the signals for pitch and roll are received and decoded still, motor values only change for throttle, yaw and manually tilting the copter due to Angle mode! (as all other remote input is...)

Please help because I have no idea at all what could be the cause (as I said- changed SW back, copter stabilized itself, GUI shows correct input...)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Quad FRITZ on Tue May 07, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crashlander

Re: Pitch and Roll gone PLEASE help, VERY odd!!!

Post by crashlander »

Just wild guessing....
try disable FAILSAFE!?

Regards
Andrej

Quad FRITZ

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Thank you for this suggestion.

I went back to a config.h that has worked for sure before. Independent of this I never had failsave enabled so far... Also GPS PH or RTH is not activated- and even if so it still should react on stick inputs...

Greets

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

This is not a software development issue, or you believe it is a software bug and belongs here and not in General section?

Crius oled has a bug causing i2c bus errors, if your gyro/acc are on the i2c bus it might cause problems. Also, what Rx are you using and have you checked your Rx Throttle, Yaw, Pitch, Roll and Aux channels are strictly outputting between 1000<x<2000us - outside can cause Failsafe to enable.

Quad FRITZ

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Hi-

Sorry if the topic is wrong but I for sure have no idea what the cause might be and due to the behavior I described I do not think it is hardware .

I use a FrSky receiver (D4R II with firmware upgrade for 8Ch to be exact) connected via PPM Sum.
Fail save is disabled (in MultiWii) and independent of this the receiver outputs the correct pulse lengths (at least GUI said so) (plus the EXACT same setup I have again now worked before).

I know about the Crius Oled bug- but had no I2C errors, just from time to time "the dots".
Hovering is working- and that would not be the case without proper sensor feedback, so I do not think it is a bus/ sensor problem!

Anyways- Display is disconnected now, I used a config file I used before (WORKING) and now I still have this problem.

From my little understanding of the SW it looks like the pitch and roll input is not mixed in the motor output anymore but how can this happen (with a config file/ MultiWii Ver. that worked before and same hardware setup?)?

Thank you again for all help here!

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

config.h file is from the same MW build right? Stock 2.2 or a dev commit? Weird that it hovers but doesn't respond to Roll and Pitch, yet yaw works... Have you confirmed that it all responds normally in MultiWiiConf with just flight controller and Rx powered but motors disconnected/props off? Roll/Pitch causes appropriate motor response in GUI?

EDIT: You've double checked that #define SERIAL_SUM_PPM is correct with appropriate channel order?

Quad FRITZ

Re: SOLVED: Pitch and Roll gone PLEASE help, VERY odd!!!

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Thanks for the help of all-

actually it was related to a bug I had ALL TIME... :roll:
In the version of the MultiWii GUI I use (and love btw.) the parameters are not always transmitted correctly via the 3DR modules.
Due to this the RC Rate RC Expo sometimes showed 0 even though (obviously) they had a useful value.
BUT- this time I have clicked on "Write Settings" for some other reason (programming PID values) and it did what it should- it wrote ALL values, including 0 for RC Expo and RC Rate to the FC.
It seems these values only influence Nick and Roll and not YAW (I even think I saw this somewhere?)- being 0 gives 0 influence for the stick... :shock:

Sorry for me being stupid and thank you so much for everybody trying to help!!!!!!!!!!!!