baseflight configurator (win/linux/mac)

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
cTn

Re: baseflight configurator (win/linux/mac)

Post by cTn »

deleted wrote:
RC_Adik wrote:Not familiar with Mac's, but what com port is MultiwiiConf 2.3 using?

It uses this device /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Just got a word from one of my OSX testers, acro naze rev4 & rev5 connects just fine to latest bf configurator (v 0.30), just remove any symlink you created, could you post a picture of your board ?

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

What baud rate do you have selected deleted? Maybe you can open Terminal, plug in the board and type "sudo dmesg" and copy and the lines with "CP210" in them and post them here?

deleted

Post by deleted »

felixrising wrote:What baud rate do you have selected deleted? Maybe you can open Terminal, plug in the board and type "sudo dmesg" and copy and the lines with "CP210" in them and post them here?

Sorry for the late reply. I have been away for the weekend.

Baud rate is set at 115200.

Here is the copy of the lines requested:

com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver: init
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::attach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::probe
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::detach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::attach
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Registered for Power Management
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start!
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Found device at interface 0
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDrivcom_silabs_erdriv(er_CP2100xx12b1VC60PDri00v)::erse(tPo0werStatx12e - Wakb1ing60 up
00)::SelectInterfaces - BulkInput Pipe is 0xde0ec00 on EP1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::SelectInterfaces - BulkOutput Pipe is 0xde0eb00 on EP1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo - Part Number Found: 0x02
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo - UsbConfigurationDescriptor -
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bLength = 9
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bDescriptorType = 0x02
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .wTotalLength = 32
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bNumInterfaces = 1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bConfigurationValue = 1
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .iConfiguration = 0
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .bmAttributes = 0x80
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::GetCP210xInfo .MaxPower = 50
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver(0x12b16000)::start - Sucessfully loaded the driver
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=403[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=407[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
com_silabs_driver_CP210xVCPDriver::setPowerState(0x12b16000, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10101 ms

deleted

Post by deleted »

cTn wrote:
deleted wrote:
RC_Adik wrote:Not familiar with Mac's, but what com port is MultiwiiConf 2.3 using?

It uses this device /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Just got a word from one of my OSX testers, acro naze rev4 & rev5 connects just fine to latest bf configurator (v 0.30), just remove any symlink you created, could you post a picture of your board ?

It is a V5 board. I only bought it 2 weeks ago and its a red board.
Attachments
photo-1.JPG

scrat

Post by scrat »

deleted wrote:
It is a V5 board. I only bought it 2 weeks ago and its a red board.

If you need good naze32 case...PM me.

deleted

Post by deleted »

Any other suggestions guys?

The board connected first go on a Windows VM and I flashed the firmware etc but it would be handy if I could use it natively on OSX.

Thanks

scrat

Post by scrat »

I'm using baseflight conf on mac os x 10.9.2 with no problem. naze32 rev5 - purple color.

deleted

Post by deleted »

I'm running osx 10.6.8

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

It should't break it, but it could be the reason.. maybe chrome needs a later version of OSX???

deleted

Post by deleted »

Looks like windows it is for now then :(
Thanks anyway for the help.

deleted

Post by deleted »

Im back again :(

I bought another naze32 acro rev 5 board (because this FC is awesome) and this one is not connecting to baseflight configurator. I can connect my other Naze32 acro rev5 board to my Windows VM machine and it works fine (so I know its not drivers) but this new board is not recognised. I cannot flash the firmware either. Here is a screen shot. I have also tried this new board on a Windows 7 laptop (and a OSX machine) with no success.

Help please!
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-05-12 at 9.24.17 PM.png

timecop

Post by timecop »

Not really a question for this thread as it has nothing to do with configurator, but turn off auto-connect, short bootloader pads w/paperclip, apply power/USB, then check noreboot sewquence and flash firmware.

deleted

Post by deleted »

timecop wrote:Not really a question for this thread as it has nothing to do with configurator, but turn off auto-connect, short bootloader pads w/paperclip, apply power/USB, then check noreboot sewquence and flash firmware.

Sorry, I thought it might have been related to the software.

I tried shorting the bootloader pads as you suggested but it still didn't work. The board boots with a blue led (when shorted) and then I followed your instructions above but get a error message instantly saying "STM32 - Timed out, programming : FAILED".

I will take it to the hardware thread. Thanks.

--Oz--

Post by --Oz-- »

I like the Baseflight Configurator, thanks cTn!

Two suggestions,

Be able to save the PID and Receiver screens in 1 click to a .JPG file for sharing.

GUI the CLI tab in a clean way by organizing the different sections (features, settings, etc) together and making simple check box's, number boxes, simple help for what the setting is and the acceptable range values (EG: 0-100).

It would take this GUI to the next level, thanks again for the excellent GUI, happy flying!

Zenman

Post by Zenman »

Great software! Would be useful to be able to zoom in more on the gyro outputs in the raw sensor tab and also increase the size of the graph. Maybe also make the axis selectable.

usab

Post by usab »

Hi,

I found a bug in baseflight configurator:

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 22 2014 / 19:03:34

Baseflight: 0.55

Btw, good work :)

cTn

Post by cTn »

usab wrote:Hi,

I found a bug in baseflight configurator:

# version
Afro32 CLI version 2.3 Oct 22 2014 / 19:03:34

Baseflight: 0.55

Btw, good work :)

Thanks for reporting that, it will be fixed in 0.56 and most likely pushed to stable/chrome store today.

iamhandgun

Post by iamhandgun »

i still have not been able to connect on my mac. i have the drivers loaded
Running - OS: MacOS (10.6.8), Chrome: 39.0.2171.95, Configurator: 0.57
the auto connects via /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

I would be just fine using the MultiWii 2.3 as I am used to that gui for my other board, but I'm just trying to update the naze to to the latest firmware. i also thought it could be my osx version so i tried on another machine running 10.8 with no luck. I also just tried flashing firmware anyway to see if it would somehow connect. after hitting the flash firmware button, nothing appears to happen, but when hit the leave firmware flasher button, the log says
//You can't do this right now, please wait for current operation to finish ...
then nothing else seems to happen. i've shorted the bootloader and tried flash on port detection to which i get...
// Detected: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART - triggering flash on connect
in the log then the flasher errors with "No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED"
after 7 minutes, the log still says "you can't do this right now" when trying to leave the flasher.
I'm sure i'm missing something, i just can't figure out what.

cTn

Post by cTn »

iamhandgun wrote:i still have not been able to connect on my mac. i have the drivers loaded
Running - OS: MacOS (10.6.8), Chrome: 39.0.2171.95, Configurator: 0.57
the auto connects via /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

I would be just fine using the MultiWii 2.3 as I am used to that gui for my other board, but I'm just trying to update the naze to to the latest firmware. i also thought it could be my osx version so i tried on another machine running 10.8 with no luck. I also just tried flashing firmware anyway to see if it would somehow connect. after hitting the flash firmware button, nothing appears to happen, but when hit the leave firmware flasher button, the log says
//You can't do this right now, please wait for current operation to finish ...
then nothing else seems to happen. i've shorted the bootloader and tried flash on port detection to which i get...
// Detected: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART - triggering flash on connect
in the log then the flasher errors with "No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED"
after 7 minutes, the log still says "you can't do this right now" when trying to leave the flasher.
I'm sure i'm missing something, i just can't figure out what.

Would you mind joining the #multiwii channel on freenode? There is quite a few users that use OSX there that might be able to debug this problem.

scrat

Post by scrat »

I'm using MAC - the latest OS. And bf conf. works perfect. Drivers are those: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... Driver.zip. Uninstall bf conf. from Chrome and install again. Then try. And please check if you're not using USB cable just for charging.

iamhandgun

Post by iamhandgun »

I finally got the configurator to work on a mac. I bought my board in to work this morning where I have a newer machine and newer os. I'm pretty sure now that the problem was an issue with my OSX (10.6.8) and latest version of chrome. It is definitely working on OSX 10.9.5. Thanks for all the help everyone.

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

NOTICE: CTN has huffed off like a baby and closed the source to BF Configurator. Idiotic if you ask me- Dominic offered to port the improvements he made back into the Master, but CTN refused. Now things will REALLY get fragmented, and I am certain Cleanflight will be the future. It certainly is for me- this feud between that started with TC & CTN is stupid and self-serving. Bye Bye Baseflight, you guys are morons, nasty, foul mouthed, and full of it. I highly encourage all of you who have been slapped by TC to come over to a much better environment- Cleanflight. You won't regret it.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Latest baseflight configurator 0.61 doesn't save RC Expo setting in Receiver tab (always goes back to 0.65). But works normally (saves) setting in CLI.

jaysonragasa

Post by jaysonragasa »

awesome! I use baseflight for Naze32.

I wonder if this works with other version of MultiWii like the latest version right now, version 2.4? I hope, it supports CRIUS v2 AIOP board as well?

thanks!

LeoTheHuman

Post by LeoTheHuman »

Hi guys!

Just a quick check, should this work with multiwii 2.4 on atmega328P powered board? I've tried to connect to it and it didn't work out of the box. I'm able to debug it if it is supposed to work, but wanted to check before spending time on it.

Thanks!

scrat

Post by scrat »

LeoTheHuman wrote:Hi guys!

Just a quick check, should this work with multiwii 2.4 on atmega328P powered board? I've tried to connect to it and it didn't work out of the box. I'm able to debug it if it is supposed to work, but wanted to check before spending time on it.

Thanks!

No.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Hi guys. One question. I'm using OS Debian 8. Have installed Google Chrome and baseflight configurator. But can connect Naze32. Whe FC is connected in configurator I see /dev/tty/USB0 but just get an error: Failed to open port.

What can I do?

Thx!

timecop

Post by timecop »

Sounds like a lunix problem, permissions, etc? Make sure whaetver user is running Chrome can access ttyUSB0 or whatever.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Thanks man! I'll try and post results.

scrat

Post by scrat »

It's working now. There was permissions problem.

Debian or Ubuntu distro.
Go to Terminal:

type: ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 maj 11 16:16 ttyUSB0

And then put user in dialout group with command: sudo usermod -a -G dialout <your user>
Log out and log in and it's working :)