2.2 twitches while flying

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Quad FRITZ

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Dear all-

I just installed 2.2. (Setup: Crius AIO Pro, Simon K ESCs, Y6 cinfiguration, 8" props, Oled, CRIUS V2 GPS). It flies nicely, GPS PH is awesome-
BUT I have all 0.8 to 2 sec small "twitches" i.e. one (or may be 2 motors on one arm?) speed up for a very short time such a way that the arm moves up a few cm (you can clearly hear it and also see it). Besides that its fine. I tried Acro and the new "stable" mode- its the same.
To compare and be sure it is SW related I reinstalled 2.1- its fine again. All the settings in config.h are the same- pretty sure.

Any suggestion would be welcome :D

Thank you for all the great work
Roman

Hamburger

Re: 2.2 twitches while flying

Post by Hamburger »

not sure if this a general problem or depends on your individual setup - most error descriptions fall into second category and should go into another section of the forum ...
disable oled & gps and check if problem is still there.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Also note: an EEPROM total erase maybe required when upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.

Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Quad FRITZ wrote:Dear all-

I just installed 2.2. (Setup: Crius AIO Pro, Simon K ESCs, Y6 cinfiguration, 8" props, Oled, CRIUS V2 GPS). It flies nicely, GPS PH is awesome-
BUT I have all 0.8 to 2 sec small "twitches" i.e. one (or may be 2 motors on one arm?) speed up for a very short time such a way that the arm moves up a few cm (you can clearly hear it and also see it). Besides that its fine. I tried Acro and the new "stable" mode- its the same.
To compare and be sure it is SW related I reinstalled 2.1- its fine again. All the settings in config.h are the same- pretty sure.

Any suggestion would be welcome :D

Thank you for all the great work
Roman

I had the same problem. lay on the I2C GPS. have enabled two filters and it was OK.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Rainer wrote:I had the same problem. lay on the I2C GPS. have enabled two filters and it was OK.

Good to know. Which two filters did you enable to fix this issue, please?

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

Rainer wrote:
I had the same problem. lay on the I2C GPS. have enabled two filters and it was OK.

I have exactly the same "twitches" (quick small arm acelerations what you can easily hear and watch) , but with all the releases, not only 2.2, so I dont think the problem comes from the release.

In my case I have flight my new copter (crius SE FC) just four or five times and I am still at PID adjustment proccess (I only have experimented with P parameter), but I will try #define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ (MPU6050 low pass filter). May be it solve that :-)

shikra

Post by shikra »

I'd suggest going a bit lower with the LPF factors than 188 if you are having twitching.
I find 42 is a nice compromise. pretty much my default now for smooth stuff. If your crazy acro, suggest a higher value and accept twitching...

#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
#define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ

scrat

Post by scrat »

shikra wrote:I'd suggest going a bit lower with the LPF factors than 188 if you are having twitching.
I find 42 is a nice compromise. pretty much my default now for smooth stuff. If your crazy acro, suggest a higher value and accept twitching...

#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
#define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ

I always set LPF_42HZ. One problem for me is only BARO. Can't set PIDs ok. Quad always goes up and down 1m. :(

vpb

Post by vpb »

I had that issue before, when using with OLED board, the copter has many twitches. Just 1-2 first flights was ok, saw many I2C error in GUI, and the problem was gone till I remove the OLED.

But my OLED has some error after some flights, it was very dark that I could not read it clearly. I think maybe I got a bad OLED board.

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

I saw in my FC I dont have a MPU6050, so I think I dont have to touch that #define. Instead I have the following setup (Im fliying with "CRIUS SE" #define in config.h):

Gyroscope: ITG3200 (ITG3205)
Accelerometer: BMA180
Magnetometer: HMC5883
Barometer: BMP085

So I will undefine "#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ" in a first attemp. Not neccesary to edit anytingh else (just for the "twitching" problem), or yes?
Thanks in advance.

Quad FRITZ

Post by Quad FRITZ »

Awesome-

when I saw this setting I knew I v see it before- it even says "twitching" in the comment... I only did not see the relation because I never had problems with this before.

Anyways- it works now- thanks. Still is a little nervous but now I will re- tune the PIDs!

THNAKS!!

Flensburger

Post by Flensburger »

copterrichie wrote:Also note: an EEPROM total erase maybe required when upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.

Hi,
have the same problem on a "Multiwii MWC SE Flight Control Board V2.0" (328P, MPU6050, HMC5883L, BMP085) from RCTimer.

Looks like, the code is to slow??

How can i erase the EEProm ?

Lapino

AW: 2.2 twitches while flying

Post by Lapino »

In Arduino IDE there are sample sketches. Select eeprom_clear and upload it. Then upload your mw2.2 version

ardufriki

Post by ardufriki »

ardufriki wrote:I saw in my FC I dont have a MPU6050, so I think I dont have to touch that #define. Instead I have the following setup (Im fliying with "CRIUS SE" #define in config.h):

Gyroscope: ITG3200 (ITG3205)
Accelerometer: BMA180
Magnetometer: HMC5883
Barometer: BMP085

So I will undefine "#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ" in a first attemp. Not neccesary to edit anytingh else (just for the "twitching" problem), or yes?
Thanks in advance.

Working OK !!!! Just some adjusts in PIDs after undefine Low Pass Filter. Thanks to all !!

scanman

Post by scanman »

i have the same problem AIOP (rctimer) with turnigy plush ESC's i tried the eeprom erase it didnt help, i went back to multiwii v 2.1 and all is fine, however now i will go back to 2.2 and try the above tips thanks.

scanman

Post by scanman »

i tried the above, however now i get "vertical" twitches - the throttle suddenly drops by about 10% on all motors then suddenly its high again, as if the copter was in a very poor alt hold mode but it is not in alt hold mode (confirmed on LED and GUI) and i am not doing anything with the sticks (except fighting the bucking bronco).
If i go back to V2.1 its ok.

scanman

Post by scanman »

the problem seems to be with the
#define OLED_I2C_128x64
when it is included , the copter has the jitters and is unflyable

mbrak

Post by mbrak »

hi

hmm. first fly with 2.2 i had some twitches too. but only some seconds after start.
what i have found is, that #define LCD_SERIAL_PORT 0 allready set by default. i undefined it now.

i took a look at dev 1349 and there it was undefined too.

i don't want to miss my oled display. it is very helpful on the flightfield. no pc or handy or else is needed for a quick change of params.

well, can someone from the developerteam spend a look at the oled code ? is there something changed?
my last base to compare is the dev1349. nearly perfect in my opinion.

Mystic3D

Post by Mystic3D »

mbrak wrote:hi

hmm. first fly with 2.2 i had some twitches too. but only some seconds after start.
what i have found is, that #define LCD_SERIAL_PORT 0 allready set by default. i undefined it now.

i took a look at dev 1349 and there it was undefined too.

i don't want to miss my oled display. it is very helpful on the flightfield. no pc or handy or else is needed for a quick change of params.

well, can someone from the developerteam spend a look at the oled code ? is there something changed?
my last base to compare is the dev1349. nearly perfect in my opinion.

Hmm I run I2C OLED and works perfect, from dev 1349, though 4 dev builds and no change.

scanman

Post by scanman »

Hello Mystic, im wondering if it is maybe a combination of some of the following, i have:
Crius AIOP
Serial GPS
Tri copter

Mystic3D

Post by Mystic3D »

Maybe as I am Tri, I2C GPS, Paris Board.
Maybe a timing thing?