MultiWii roadmap for 2.3

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Hamburger

Re: MultiWii roadmap for 2.3

Post by Hamburger »

move some MultiWii files into arduino library folder? Think of how many more users would fail doing that when trying to build and upload their sketch? We already have that library issue with the Processing environment to build the GUI - that has proven to be a barrier for many 'user only' type of people to succeed in the past. Unless you come up with some automatic installer forget it. But hey, use git to do that for everybody. Cool. Not.

kharmine

Post by kharmine »

Sebbi wrote:For the IDE it makes no difference if files are named .cpp or .ino. But they get compiled differently: INO files will be concatenated while CPP/H will be compiled to objects and linked together at a later point.

Sure, but that's not quite my point.

If there was a .h file for each .ino file, then they could be compiled using *either* way. Developers could use Eclipse or whatever they like, and Arduino users could still flash their quads without needing to install anything else.

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

Hamburger wrote:move some MultiWii files into arduino library folder? Think of how many more users would fail doing that when trying to build and upload their sketch? We already have that library issue with the Processing environment to build the GUI - that has proven to be a barrier for many 'user only' type of people to succeed in the past. Unless you come up with some automatic installer forget it. But hey, use git to do that for everybody. Cool. Not.

This is how every Arduino project of any significant size works. They rely on libraries that the user has to a) copy to the Arduino library folder if it should be used for all future projects (something like SoftwareSerial) or b) in a library folder inside the sketchbook.

b) is easly done if the contents of the ZIP is not just the INO files, but a folder MultiWii with those files and a folder libraries with the needed libraries. Just unzip in your sketchbook folder and it works.

The benefit would be that the main program could look very clean and include just the general state machine and hardware independent algorithms. How often does a user need to change the way motors work, the rx code or sensor data is being collected? And for developers it works just as well as before ...

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

I wish in Version 2.3 to change the Vbat Alarm warning values in the multiwii conf GUI.
And i wish that the 3wserial LCD on the 32u4 on serial1 works.

Marc

flyrobot

Post by flyrobot »

I wish Hott feature be implemented in 2.3 as it available on 2.0 and running perfect.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1284

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

Ok, then i wish also a JETI telemetrie.

Stars112

Post by Stars112 »

I Wisch also for 2.3 that the oled connect on 32u4 don't restart after "Save and exit".
After Save and exit the oled restart the setup mode and so you can not really exit the setup. (Crius V1.0)

Electro 2

Post by Electro 2 »

What would be really neat is to have a "dynamic default PID stuffing" function in the Config or wherever. Meaning, instead of a single set of default PID values, there would be several, each roughly optimized for a range of various size/weight aircraft. Certainly, someone setting up an 10 pound S800 for AP wouldn't remotely end up with the same PIDs as someone with a 3 pound, 400mm, H-frame, "hot-rod", aerobatic machine. If there were three, four, or five different catagories within the default PID grid, they would start out much closer to a solution than with a single, general, set. If this is hard-coded, and not easily changeable, it could be as simple as a note within the release notes for each version with this information.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Guys,
this is Alex' roadmap (for what is likely to happen), not the wishlist (what your dreams are about). We have yet another thread titled wishlist.

BradQuick2

Post by BradQuick2 »

I'm currently working on my own code which has a lot of code borrowed from MultiWii.

I'm developing on a Mac using Xcode because I don't like the Arduino IDE. The code is formatted fairly traditionally, with header and source files. It doesn't use any Arduino libraries directly.

I can make the project run on Arduino in less than a minute. I just copy all the files into a folder with the same name as the main file, then make the name of the folder the same as the main file. I also change the main file extension to .ino. It then opens as an Arduino project and complies just fine.

I know that this would be a huge project for MultiWii, but I thought I would throw it out there.

I hope to be able to post my code in a month or so.

city_kid

Post by city_kid »

Alexinparis,

Are there any major changes planned in the MultiWii Serial Protocol (MSP)...?

If so, I might pause my serial control project for a bit.

Many thanks!

city_kid

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

city_kid wrote:Alexinparis,

No the structure will remain unchanged, it was one of the protocol purpose: quite stable between releases.
some messages will be added and some will be modified but most will remain like they were.

EOSBandi

Post by EOSBandi »

Alexinparis wrote:
city_kid wrote:Alexinparis,

No the structure will remain unchanged, it was one of the protocol purpose: quite stable between releases.
some messages will be added and some will be modified but most will remain like they were.

As part of the GPS code:
MSP_WP and MSP_SET_WP will change as the nav code is evolving. And I'm planning adding an MSP_SET_NAVPAR and MSP_NAVPAR messages for setting and getting navigation parameters.