Release 2.2 is coming

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Alexinparis

Re: Release 2.2 is coming

Post by Alexinparis »

Sebbi wrote:Same here btw ... the GUI does crash half the time (not responding) when disconnecting. Windows 7 64bit using the 32bit version of the GUI. Killing the Java process lets me reconnect and while the process is still alive the com port is blocked for other applications. RXTX bug?

It's tied with RXTX, but I don't know if it's a RXTX bug or the fact windows does not handle every serial crash scenario.
When it happens, I generally manage to kill the GUI just via the STOP button of the processing IDE.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Alex, did you ever try the purejavacomm library? In some cases this gives better results. There are forks on github that have better error handling than the original. As far as I know it does not have port locking.

The api is the same as librxtx, just a different namespace. For a application I build, I made a configuration option to choose which library to use.

Stars112

Re: Release 2.2 is coming: MINCHECK change?

Post by Stars112 »

Alexinparis wrote:about the fact "So we have many users they lost the Copter by flying"
I suppose you mean you can disarm the copter in flight with min throttle+yaw left or min throttle+roll left, and the 100 deadband seems high.
It was already debated a long time ago, and it was the reason why ARM BOX was introduced: when a white box of this function is checked, it is impossible to ARM/DISARM just via the sticks (only one option is possible, not both)

Hi Alex,
thats not the problem!
The Problem is that between 1000 and 1100 is no system control. A range from 100 with nothing regulation.
When we set the Value to 1030 we have a range from 30 without regulation. That is a flying range.
When the copter is up in the sky and you put your throttle down, the copter is without system control. And with a range from 100, approximates the effect verry soon.

I should think so that's enough to change the Default Value. To many config is confusing ;)

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

No. Please keep more of a distance for signals.
My spektrum dx6i has inprecise pots at the gimbals. I need a deadband of 25 - this should be even worse for noncomputerized tx.

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi!
Either I missed something or there is a bug in 2.2 pre (r1360).
I tried to use GPS_PROMINI_SERIAL (autosense of GPS on 328p the only serial) but it seems not to work. At least I'm not getting any blinking info about the GPS data reception, unfortunately I don't have any external display and GUI can't be used.
In the default config I changed only this:
#define TRI
#define CRIUS_SE // Crius MultiWii SE
#define NMEA
#define GPS_PROMINI_SERIAL 115200 // Will Autosense if GPS is connected when ardu boots
#define GPS_LED_INDICATOR
Compiled OK, loaded into Crius SE, connected serial MTK3329 GPS set by firmware to 10Hz @ 115200 serial speed, NMEA, but the LED is still dark - not blinking neither for "receiving packets" nor for "fix".
GPS have fix 5+ sats.
When I load MWC 2.1 with the same options, after a minute I'm getting fast blinking like "FIX OK".
Am I doing something wrong, or there is a problem in r1360?
Thanks!
Roman

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

I have noticed this in devs after 2.1 release to.

Rainer

Re: 2.2 Altitude Hold security gaps.

Post by Rainer »

Hello

Altitude Hold security gaps.
if altitude gets activated to run the engines, is the throttelstick a little on gas and altitude activated lifts off the copter.
This is very dangerous

scanman

Post by scanman »

please can we move
#define FAILSAFE_DETECT_TRESHOLD 985
out of the RX file into the failsafe section of config.h

scanman

Post by scanman »

mikob2d wrote:
mikob2d wrote:Hi back,
A friend of mine just reported me that he got the same problem with same card and same motors (NTM2830) , but with HK ESC's stock firmware so it doesn't seems to be Wii-ESC related.

I am using AI1Pro board, HK Turnigy plush ESc's (stock firmware) and HK Turnigy 950kv motors on a tri copter. I dont have the arming problem, but the Tri-copter flies very jerky, almost like flying in a very strong wind. It is definitely this build because i went back to version r1317 (20130120) and it is smooth, again using the same pid settings.

scanman

Post by scanman »

mikob2d wrote:
mikob2d wrote:Hi back,
A friend of mine just reported me that he got the same problem with same card and same motors (NTM2830) , but with HK ESC's stock firmware so it doesn't seems to be Wii-ESC related.

I am using AI1Pro board, HK Turnigy plush ESc's (stock firmware) and HK Turnigy 950kv motors on a tri copter. I dont have the arming problem, but the Tri-copter flies very jerky, almost like flying in a very strong wind. It is definitely this build because i went back to version r1317 (20130120) and it is smooth, again using the same pid settings.

ORION

Post by ORION »

Alexinparis wrote:
ORION wrote:Hey guys

Before the release of 2.2 I want to add something: I tried to use Bicopter with the MultiWii_dev_r1311 version but it doesn't work properly: The two servos do not work on pin 2 and 6 (mega board). However, if I plug in a servo on pin 12 it works but only one and the correct one should be 2 or 6 right?

Does anyone know, where I can change that: I looked into the def.h file but I don't really see where to change what to remove the error!?
I tried to change the numbers under:

Code: Select all

#elif defined(BI)
  #define NUMBER_MOTOR     2
  #define PRI_SERVO_FROM   4 // use servo from 5 to 6
  #define PRI_SERVO_TO     6

but it had no effect?

Or has this been corrected in the lastest dev? (there's nothing written in the change.txt file).
BTW: In MW 2.1 the BiCopter configuration works fine.

Regards,
ORION

I think it works fine for copterrichie.
Are you sure you did not activate something like MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS ?

Hi Alex
Thanks for the reply. I have checked everything, there is nothing else activated except Bicopter, AIO Pro v1 and the Ublox GPS on Serial2. This must be a bug in the software. I will contact copterrichie about this, if no one has a BiCopter to confirm that the pre2.2 and all devs. before have this bug.

I will look into the code for that, but first I have to determine where the problem originates from. Because the other configurations all work normal.

@Hamburger: I would add a description and link regarding bicopters and some other descriptions to the wiki, also do some updates, but I can't because it is not possible to create an account or login for the wiki :?: .

Regards,
ORION

rbirdie001

Post by rbirdie001 »

scanman wrote:

Hi!
everyone here reports only problems and then it looks that new version must be some way bad ... but it isn't! :D
Yesterday I tested r1360 on my tricopter (50cm wooden arms, Crius SE board, Hextronik DT750 motors, stock Turnigy Multistar 15A ESC, 2200 3S battery, PID 4.1; 0.006; 6) and it flew PERFECTLY nice and smoth!
Altitude hold (just with first try PID 6.4; 0.025; 10) looked very good too and supersimple gimbal (not in flight yet, only in hand) looks also good!
Just to give you feeling that not everything in the new version is bad!
Roman

Deet

Post by Deet »

scanman wrote:I am using AI1Pro board, HK Turnigy plush ESc's (stock firmware) and HK Turnigy 950kv motors on a tri copter. I dont have the arming problem, but the Tri-copter flies very jerky, almost like flying in a very strong wind. It is definitely this build because i went back to version r1317 (20130120) and it is smooth, again using the same pid settings.

that sounds like an EEPROM issue, did you try to clear the EEPROM and re-load v2.2

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

ORION wrote:
Alexinparis wrote:
ORION wrote:Hey guys

Before the release of 2.2 I want to add something: I tried to use Bicopter with the MultiWii_dev_r1311 version but it doesn't work properly: The two servos do not work on pin 2 and 6 (mega board). However, if I plug in a servo on pin 12 it works but only one and the correct one should be 2 or 6 right?

Does anyone know, where I can change that: I looked into the def.h file but I don't really see where to change what to remove the error!?
I tried to change the numbers under:

Code: Select all

#elif defined(BI)
  #define NUMBER_MOTOR     2
  #define PRI_SERVO_FROM   4 // use servo from 5 to 6
  #define PRI_SERVO_TO     6

but it had no effect?

Or has this been corrected in the lastest dev? (there's nothing written in the change.txt file).
BTW: In MW 2.1 the BiCopter configuration works fine.

Regards,
ORION

I think it works fine for copterrichie.
Are you sure you did not activate something like MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS ?

Hi Alex
Thanks for the reply. I have checked everything, there is nothing else activated except Bicopter, AIO Pro v1 and the Ublox GPS on Serial2. This must be a bug in the software. I will contact copterrichie about this, if no one has a BiCopter to confirm that the pre2.2 and all devs. before have this bug.

I will look into the code for that, but first I have to determine where the problem originates from. Because the other configurations all work normal.

@Hamburger: I would add a description and link regarding bicopters and some other descriptions to the wiki, also do some updates, but I can't because it is not possible to create an account or login for the wiki :?: .

Regards,
ORION

ok I think I found out why.
The one you documented AIO Pro v1 added those 2 lines
#define SERVO_4_PINMODE pinMode(11,OUTPUT); // SERVO4 , use hardware PWM
#define SERVO_5_PINMODE pinMode(12,OUTPUT); // SERVO5 , use hardware PWM
I think the suppression of those lines in def.h should correct your problem.

crono

Post by crono »

hello I can not use the gps hold with the new dev. with pid default wobbles on that parameter must touch

ORION

Post by ORION »

ok I think I found out why.
The one you documented AIO Pro v1 added those 2 lines
#define SERVO_4_PINMODE pinMode(11,OUTPUT); // SERVO4 , use hardware PWM
#define SERVO_5_PINMODE pinMode(12,OUTPUT); // SERVO5 , use hardware PWM
I think the suppression of those lines in def.h should correct your problem.

[/quote]

Hi Alex

Thank you for the reply and your help. You were indeed right about these two lines above. They need to be suppressed in order to get the BiCopter working on a Crius AIPro v1/v2 with MW 2.2.
I will add this to the wiki, so that people using an AIOPro know about the correction in the def.h

Regards,
ORION

Mystic3D

Release 2.2 is coming

Post by Mystic3D »

rbirdie001 wrote:
scanman wrote:

Hi!
everyone here reports only problems and then it looks that new version must be some way bad ... but it isn't! :D
Yesterday I tested r1360 on my tricopter (50cm wooden arms, Crius SE board, Hextronik DT750 motors, stock Turnigy Multistar 15A ESC, 2200 3S battery, PID 4.1; 0.006; 6) and it flew PERFECTLY nice and smoth!
Altitude hold (just with first try PID 6.4; 0.025; 10) looked very good too and supersimple gimbal (not in flight yet, only in hand) looks also good!
Just to give you feeling that not everything in the new version is bad!
Roman

+1 r1356 working great on Paris Board on a Tri, Alt Hold good(despite cruddy BMP085), even I2C GPS(MTK3329 with 1.9FW) holding within a couple meters. Zero Ill effects

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

version 2.2 is released now.

Time to move to the new thread, gents.