KV Team Multiwii OSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
kataventos

Re: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by kataventos »

SkyrimDragon wrote:
subaru4wd wrote:I think its time I look for another OSD to use.

...and I will not post again.

SkyrimDragon wrote:
subaru4wd wrote:...you truely are a dick.

An unbearable dick...

Are you "girls" boyfriends or just the mean less poorly designed bratty twins? 8-)

The good and bad thing about this forum is that it does not have active moderators...
It is good because everyone is responsible for he´s actions and posts, the bad thing is that some should just be blocked forever.

Enough with this, go on with your life "friends" and do not post again.
WE ARE TRYING TO WORK HERE, HAVE DECENCY AND

Code: Select all

67657420746865206675636b206f7574206f66206865726521

kataventos

Re: Minim Osd, MW 2.3, Crius AIO V2

Post by kataventos »

just4einstein wrote:Minim OSD mit KV-Team R3.70, Crius AIO V2, Multiwii 2.3

after arming still "disarmed" in OSD
no change of flightmode icons
(Battery, angle, heading are working)

"Use Boxnames" is checked in GUI.

Any ideas?
Problem with MW 2.3 ??

Louis

Hi Louis,

no, no problem with MW SW compatibility anymore. You need to check BOXID´S (this was added to the wiki page some time ago).

Cheers and have fun,
-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

me and the entire Team already have the OSD samples gently sent from the manufactures.
Thanks to Jani from http://www.jdrones.com/ and Paul Baxter from http://www.readytoflyquads.com/

These are from now on our supported and advised OSD´s.
Image Image

JDronesv1.2 will be implemented on next release but I can say that small code changes are needed and you can start using it straight out of the box with KVTeam devr370.
I am using JDrones OSDv1.2 on my new FPV_SQUID without any code changes because I am using MW Protocol to collect data (Voltage, RSSI and current sensing).
On next code release you will be able to use this OSD ADC´s and have full compatibility with this awesome piece of hardware with the best quality control.

Now for the WiteSpy Minim OSD_v5,
I just got it in the mail and I will make tests during this weekend but all I can say at this time is that it have an awesome price and built quality relation. Paul used the wiki Mods to make this hardware a fully functional KVTeamOSD which means that it is supposed to work 100% straight out of the box, ADC inputs included. Also means no more soldering on the ATmel pins anymore.

I think we all should thank Paul for this OSD, awesome price and quality.

On this batch the only error I can notice at this time is with a simple trace that need to be cut, you can see it here on the following pic:

EDIT: Full step guide to have a 100% working OSD.

I had sometime today so, I wanted to test this OSD immediately. Paul Baxter did in fact a wonderful work!
Did the following steps on two fresh arrived units followed, I only advise you to use it like described below in order to have it working at first try without any problems.

Step ZERO is to cut the above described trace or you will have a faulty OSD!

First of all, as I said before I do not advise you to use 12v to power the video side, not only because you do not need it at all... but because it may cause several other problems/malfunctions, that is why they already arrive to your hands with the video side ready to be powered by your FC thru the serial port.

Now, when you plug your OSD for the first time with live video output you will see that already have software on, that´s OK the part I don´t get is the is the default software itself :o :mrgreen:

The first step is to Clear the EEPROM, available on the Team´s code repository:

The second step is to upload the most up to date KVTeam Software available on the repository:

Third step is to upload your character map inside the GUI data folder:

Done, 3 steps and you are ready to go out and have some serious fun with a fully 100% working WiteSpy OSD because you will see main screen when it boots up!

Now for the ADC´s tuning part.
Because electronic components have error tolerances, when using the ADC´s remember that from one input to another as for example battery one (which says Batt12 :? ) and which also corresponds to the Video batt you probably will use (63) value on the Divider Ratio, and on the second battery (which also says Batt12 :lol: ) and corresponds to Main Batt (just kidding, this is only a print error) you find yourself using (64 or other value) on it´s Divider Ratio to read exact same battery with accuracy (Use a good multimeter to get real voltage before tuning it).

The voltage dividers on this board can read up to 4s Batts and the RSSI pin up to 5v (remember to never go wrong on this or you will have to order another one, and of course Paul will appreciate your mistake :D

I used all pin inputs with original code and no problem was found on both OSD´s fully tested.
With this said I hope you follow carefully this instructions otherwise you may find unwanted problems and in truth you have nothing to blame on both, WiteSpy Hardware or Official KVTeam Software.

Just for the record and because this is as important as the described steps I use a SparkFun FTDI...

Have fun and fly hard but safe.
Cheers,
-KV

EDIT2: Same full revision will be made with JDrones OSD as soon as I got the courage to take it of my SQUID :lol:
Last edited by kataventos on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

linuxslate

Post by linuxslate »

These are from now on our supported and advised OSD´s.

Independant mini review (I paid for mine :| ):

I just got one of the "discount" KV_Team_Mod V.5 OSD's from witespy:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/minimo ... od-v1.html

I connected my 2S battery voltage (video battery) directly to the first (Square) of the "Batt12" pins. I did not cut trace or anything else. I am not using any other analog input.

Advantages:

A proper connection instead of soldering to the pin on the chip.
    No external voltage divider needed.
    It also has a filter cap. My video voltage reading is much more stable now.

Other notes:
The board came with the Video power and ground pads already solder briged. I removed the + side solder bridge so that my video power and cpu power are seperate. Gounds are still connected.

It had some sort of Arduopilot OSD on it as delivered. It took a couple of tries of loading KV_Team_OSD and the font file to get a good font upload.

The video quality is noticably better than my Chinese MinimOSD v0.1 board. Crisper graphics, and less bleed or shadowing. There are some very thin white dashes (some sort of interference) that seem to scroll throught the image. I cannot see them at all in my goggles with the camera on. I think my Chinese board may have had a clone or fake MAX7456. This board has the real thing. You'll see the difference next time I post a video or screen shot.

I am now using my v0.1 board just for development.

At US$12, you cannot beat them. KV is doing the right thing by making these the "Officially supported and advised OSD". If you fly KV_Team_OSD, or my PRO_HUD_OSD, you should get one.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

I updated the revision above with detailed steps. Follow it carefully step by step or you will blame yourself for having problems...
Any other modifications to the original hardware or software may induce in a faulty OSD. In this case the Team can not accept any complains neither help you with your supposed problem.

The code repository Wiki will be edited with the exact same steps ASAP.

Cheers,
-KV

just4einstein

Post by just4einstein »

kataventos wrote:
just4einstein wrote:Minim OSD mit KV-Team R3.70, Crius AIO V2, Multiwii 2.3

after arming still "disarmed" in OSD
no change of flightmode icons
(Battery, angle, heading are working)

"Use Boxnames" is checked in GUI.

Any ideas?
Problem with MW 2.3 ??

Louis

Hi Louis,

no, no problem with MW SW compatibility anymore. You need to check BOXID´S (this was added to the wiki page some time ago).

Cheers and have fun,
-KV

from the wiki:
Note: In order to have your simulator working correctly with current version you will need to use BOXNAME*S and press save, now, before you connect it again to your flight controller you have to select again BOXID´S and save or you will not have a fully functional OSD.

Where to set BOXID's ???
In KV-OSD R3.70 I can't find it. In MW-Gui also...

Louis, sorry to be blind....

scrat

Post by scrat »

I have just oredered minimOSD v1.1 form HK. Will I be able to use it normaly like to date or no?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

just4einstein wrote:from the wiki:
Note: In order to have your simulator working correctly with current version you will need to use BOXNAME*S and press save, now, before you connect it again to your flight controller you have to select again BOXID´S and save or you will not have a fully functional OSD.

Where to set BOXID's ???
In KV-OSD R3.70 I can't find it. In MW-Gui also...

Louis, sorry to be blind....

Hi Louis OK,

I should have said turn off BOXNAMES!
The function is on the same switch or you have BOXNAMES or BOXIDS so, switch of BOXNAMES.

Cheers,
-KV

EDIT: :mrgreen: OK, changed the Wiki note on this matter, thanks!
Last edited by kataventos on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

scrat wrote:I have just oredered minimOSD v1.1 form HK. Will I be able to use it normaly like to date or no?

Yes, you will be OK.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Thanks.

hinkel

Post by hinkel »

Naze32 rev4 Harakiri SG2.5 with KVTeamOSD R370 flight test :
* VBAT
* PH
* RTH
* OSD SW
* FAILSAFE ( Transmitter shut down for test, failsafe_justph = 1; // Does just PH&Autoland an not RTL, use this in difficult areas with many obstacles to avoid RTL crash into something )

Deet

Post by Deet »

Just found a problem with r370 that may not be apparent to some users

If you set for displayGSP coords and you have a 3 digit longitude then the OSD will lock up as soon as you get a sat lock

witespy1

Post by witespy1 »

kataventos wrote:Hi,

me and the entire Team already have the OSD samples gently sent from the manufactures.
Thanks to Jani from http://www.jdrones.com/ and Paul Baxter from http://www.readytoflyquads.com/

thanks again for the awesome Firmware. I have fixed the latest batch of hardware. I am also cutting the extra trace on the units I am shipping now....Please tell me if there is anything more I can add.

note: this is only to get BOTH battery inputs to work, If you only need to read only battery it will work without cutting the track if your not comfortable attempting it. you do not have too .

after you cut the trace you should read 47.0K between GND1&GND2

Last edited by witespy1 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

haydent

Post by haydent »

whats this for ?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi Deet,

Haydent emailed me today about that bug.
Thanks for reporting this, as I said him, will look and fix for next release ;)

-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

haydent wrote:whats this for ?

Are you talking about the mod that need to be done on the previous batch? if yes you probably miss this post!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2918&start=700#p44034

witespy1

Post by witespy1 »

haydent wrote:whats this for ?

This is ONLY to get BOTH BATT1 and BATT2 working... the v.5 by default will only work with one battery. No mods are needed to only read the one battery. just connect it to BATT1 or BATT2. and have the other one dissconected .. it will work as is
Last edited by witespy1 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

haydent

Post by haydent »

ok

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

witespy1 wrote:thanks again for the awesome Firmware. I have fixed the latest batch of hardware. I am also cutting the extra track on the units I am shipping now....Please tell me if there is anything more I can add.

after you cut the track you should read 47.0K between GND1&GND2

Hi Paul,

thanks, everything works perfectly as soon as users cut that trace (also added it to the wiki page days ago, did you saw it?).
I do have some new ideas that may require two more exposed pins... but need to discuss this with the Team first ;)

Have fun,
-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

hinkel wrote:Naze32 rev4 Harakiri SG2.5 with KVTeamOSD R370 flight test :
* VBAT
* PH
* RTH
* OSD SW
* FAILSAFE ( Transmitter shut down for test, failsafe_justph = 1; // Does just PH&Autoland an not RTL, use this in difficult areas with many obstacles to avoid RTL crash into something )

Hey,
it´s flying great! Nice ;)

-KV

EDIT: I continue to believe that a fail-safe function should be much more complex than that... Imagine that you are flying on a very irregular place or even on the mountains, in that case the only thing would really work is an "eye" with this I mean other sensor (Optic or Sonar) that will take control if the altitude reaches 0 without secondary sensor confirmation... or something like this :mrgreen: Other than this I think that NAdrian was going on the right direction sometime ago, at this time I don´t know, and do not even see he´s piece of code implemented on official releases :?:

haydent

Post by haydent »

hey kv, with this line that calculates amperage:

amperage = (AMPRERAGE_OFFSET - (analogRead(amperagePin)*AMPERAGE_CAL))/10.23;

why is the offset at the front of the equation ? is this the equivalent of psensernull ? (reading when sensor when no current)
in this case it should be the other way around...

haydent

Post by haydent »

plus spelling: AMPRERAGE_OFFSET should be AMPERAGE_OFFSET

also there are two spelling mistakes in the gui:

Diplay Amperage Used

and

Main Voltage Devider

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hey thanks,

Yesterday I was experimenting with that and already changed all calculations (included that one), also changed from INTERNAL to DEFAULT ;)
As for spelling... :roll: already done, I´m rebuilding the GUI.

-KV

PS: Why do you /100 MWii data, where did you based to that? (Regarding amperage) Also, in which MWii dev was included your patch?

haydent

Post by haydent »

its been in mv since r1604 and now 2.3 if thats what you mean ?
i divide by 100 as thats just the number that works
i think it has to do with how the osd crunches and displays the value later in the display amperage function
it comes through as milliamp yes, but if you look in that function in screen, you see comment
// Real Ampere is ampere / 10
(/10 & /100 = /1000 = milliamp to amp)

i will look into your formula changes

thanks again

Deet

Post by Deet »

A question on the next version

Currently in r370, the flight mode indicator doesn't differentiate between ANGLE and HORIZON, it shows both as ACC

Will the next version be able to display them as different modes, EzyGUI can do so, so I am guessing its in the MSP somewhere

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi Deet,

OK right, it will display now since you asked ;)

Thanks

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

haydent wrote:...
i will look into your formula changes

thanks again

To be honest I never gave much importance to the OSD ADC for AMPERAGE meter because I never used the OSD for that... but now that I tested all pins on the WiteSpy model and went thru the code looking for wrong calculations I found that this never worked at all before last changes, I imagine that most of the people that were trying to use this have had a hard time :ugeek: sorry for that, now everything was tested and they´r working fine on next release.

Cheers

haydent

Post by haydent »

sounds excellent, as mentioned will have a look soon. im also working on some more mods.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hello friends,

as promised the KVTeam development version 2.2 is almost out :mrgreen: little Christmas present from us :mrgreen:
Please check www.kvteamosd.com
Also check the updated wiki for the new version prior installation.

Have fun and fly hard but safe during this Holidays :D

This team wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Cheers,
-KV

PS: my calculations tell me that it should be packaged before this weekend ;)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa is on the go.
2.2 is already under the Christmas tree :mrgreen:

haydent

Post by haydent »

good work and thanks for all your efforts, http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-devel ... ource/list

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Thank you Haydent, 2.2 have also lot´s of work from Carlonb regarding the moveable items, it does not seem like because I pushed he´s work.
We also have new developments and ideas going (not on the repo yet) for the next release... ;)

Have fun flying it,
-KV

PS@all: As you can see, the wiki is complete and I would like to ask you to check it and point me if anything is less clear.

ABL

Post by ABL »

Tried latest release...
Looks OK, finally i could remove this useless (for me) heading bar. Current sensor still does not work, probably requires some woodoo magic (it's "base voltage" is 3.3V).
Worst thing here are fonts. Don't know what hardware are you guys using on field, but fonts sucks on all my devices (cinemizers, feelworld 8" monitor, 3.5" monitor). Probably requires some ultra-sharp, extra-clear monitor with super-clear video TX/RX. Else... Titles are too small, three pixel-width letters look like one white blob, etc.
Going to change font to something usable and replace ultra-tiny letters with symbols, like others OSD's do.

Also, rev. 370 had some serious issues with home arrow not working (yes, i read stories here that it "should work", but it does not for many), not sure if this one will do. Field check tomorrow ;-)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Great ;) if you have had an awesome experience... would you be so fast posting? :lol:

CURRENT SENSING works amazingly, I PERSONALY CHANGED ALL FORMULAS and tested WITH TWO DIFFERENT SENSORS (Allegro and RCTimer) so, I am damn sure. If it does not work for you try some reading about it.
SMALL FONTS are editable, have fun editing.
This is why we introduced a editor on GUI, how many OSD´s have that?. I am sorry if your RIG does not have what we consider minimum requisits for image quality using default fonts they were tested only with FATSHARK googles and HD Screens 9" (1280x800). As I said many times, we do our best to be different from other OSD´s and have some personality implementing new things. A Multirotor/Fixed wing gadget pilot does not need to be a real pilot to have awesome experience... different stuff is always a risc... If you don´t like this software my advice is for you to try other OSD software, there are many copy´s of our software at this time with stuff more similar to other "OSD´s" that for you seem to be better.

Cheers,
-KV

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

ABL wrote:Tried latest release...
Looks OK, finally i could remove this useless (for me) heading bar. Current sensor still does not work, probably requires some woodoo magic (it's "base voltage" is 3.3V).
Worst thing here are fonts. Don't know what hardware are you guys using on field, but fonts sucks on all my devices (cinemizers, feelworld 8" monitor, 3.5" monitor). Probably requires some ultra-sharp, extra-clear monitor with super-clear video TX/RX. Else... Titles are too small, three pixel-width letters look like one white blob, etc.
Going to change font to something usable and replace ultra-tiny letters with symbols, like others OSD's do.

Also, rev. 370 had some serious issues with home arrow not working (yes, i read stories here that it "should work", but it does not for many), not sure if this one will do. Field check tomorrow ;-)

My font looks good to me. Im still on R345, but here's a short video that shows what things look like on both my 9" LCD in the ground station, and my 5" LCD in my goggles. Both screens have a 16:9 resolution of 800x480.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TanwPb0hCY

ABL

Post by ABL »

kataventos wrote:I am sorry if your RIG does not have what we consider minimum requisits for image quality using default fonts they were tested only with FATSHARK googles and HD Screens 9" (1280x800)

Seriously?
I sold dominators and attitudes because their image was compete <censored> compared to cinemizers.
And now you say that you get good image on unnamed fatshark googles and 3-pixel-wide fonts?
Sorry, i do not believe.
kataventos wrote:If you don´t like this software my advice is for you to try other OSD software, there are many copy´s of our software at this time with stuff more similar to other "OSD´s" that for you seem to be better.

Haha, i knew this will happen. Anything negative about your stuff (bug report, suggestion how to make it better, opinions which differs from yours) and you go ballistic without any reason.
No, seriously, why you create topics on forums at all, just to hear positive-only "omg how cool this stuff is", "wow great mod" and such?
Anyway, gj with release and gl with your HD screens for 320x240 resolution OSD...

@subaru: fonts are different on latest release, try them first.

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

ABL wrote:@subaru: fonts are different on latest release, try them first.

No thanks, im going to stick with this setup until you guys work through all the bugs in 2.2

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

ABL wrote:... suggestion how to make it better, opinions ...
?? :?:

Sorry but you got me wrong my friend, I am just saying that you have other OSD´s and topics. Just that...
Why concern about this firmware if you have options that fulfill your needs better right?
I think it is legit to say this...
ABL wrote:Also, rev. 370 had some serious issues with home arrow not working (yes, i read stories here that it "should work", but it does not for many), not sure if this one will do. Field check tomorrow ;-)

Yes for many works great... but the software is the same for all... did you asked yourself why?

Of course I accept both suggestions and opinions, which one do you have at this time?

ABL

Post by ABL »

kataventos wrote:
ABL wrote:Also, rev. 370 had some serious issues with home arrow not working (yes, i read stories here that it "should work", but it does not for many), not sure if this one will do. Field check tomorrow ;-)

Yes for many works great... but the software is the same for all... did you asked yourself why?

No, why?
What you're saying is "It works for me, so should work for everyone, software is the same, WFM, so GTFO".
kataventos wrote:Of course I accept both suggestions and opinions, which one do you have at this time?

None. Replaced with simpleosd as you suggested. At least, it's firmware is +/- stable and devs do not say "FU" to everyone who reports bugs.
Oh, and to finish all this... Why does this "DISARMED" is sliding over my heading indicator, over "correctly" pointing home arrow? =)
disarmed_and_arrow_wrong.jpg

(i'm still flying as you can see from throttle indicator)

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

ABL wrote:[
....WFM, so GTFO"......."FU".....

Oh, and to finish all this... Why does this "DISARMED" is sliding over my heading indicator, over "correctly" pointing home arrow? =)
disarmed_and_arrow_wrong.jpg

(i'm still flying as you can see from throttle indicator)

Hi ABL,
Sorry but I do not understand these acronyms, please explain better.

Anyway, about ARMED/DISARMED indicator on top of screen, if you are using the last vers. KVTeam OSD 2.2, please verify in page 8 of OSD menu at item "ARMED INDIC" the values LINE=14(PAL) or 12(NTSC) and COL=11.
Of course these are default positions, you can change it as you prefer.
Note: In your pict I see the wrong position of DISARMED, ....of course also ARMED keep the same wrong position !?

Cheers
Carlo

ABL

Post by ABL »

carlonb wrote:Sorry but I do not understand these acronyms, please explain better.

No need, it was for Kataventos, who's trying to tell that there no issues with home arrow, fonts or character display.

carlonb wrote:Anyway, about ARMED/DISARMED indicator on top of screen, if you are using the last vers

No, this screenshot was from r370.
I just wanted to point, that not everything works well. Sometimes.
For example, i do not know anyone around, who has properly working home arrow on kv-osd. Multiple mag calibrations, woodoo with GPS, name anything you want - it either works with huge delay, or does not work at all. I even tried to mount mag on huge wooden pole (approx 1m) outside copter, no changes ;-)
But hey: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26801083&postcount=834
So everyone, who reports issues with home arrow, distances or anything wrong are... Are just noobs who can't use software! It's so simple - just say "Works for me" and bugs gone!
carlonb wrote:Note: In your pict I see the wrong position of DISARMED, ....of course also ARMED keep the same wrong position !?

No, this is just scrolling on top and has nothing to do with real status (armed or disarmed is shown on bottom of this page and works properly, this "fake DISARMED" is going over heading indicator which is disabled on GUI, but disabling this item does not work also).
As i said, i got to another version, which is fine. What you did correctly this time - hiding items actually works, which is good thing. Home arrow did not ;-)
home_arrow_position.jpg

I'm right-top corner, with home position properly set, mag calibrated and recalibrated before flight. Not really sure, maybe this is not issue for others...

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

ABL wrote:I just wanted to point, that not everything works well. Sometimes.
For example, i do not know anyone around, who has properly working home arrow on kv-osd. Multiple mag calibrations, woodoo with GPS, name anything you want - it either works with huge delay, or does not work at all. I even tried to mount mag on huge wooden pole (approx 1m) outside copter, no changes ;-)

It's difficult to agree with this statement, I made several fly test and no issue about home arrow, for sure, if I remember well, somewhere in this forum I read troubles about I2C GPS, the arrow was reversed of 180°, or speed not correctly calculated, but if the data on MWii GUI are all correct, also OSD must run OK as the OSD "print" the received data on screen.
About MAG, of course the mag must be far from main power cables to avoid magnetic field distorsions, in my experience is enough to keep the mag 6/7 cm from main ESC/distribution cables (in my case only 5 cm).

ABL wrote:But hey: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26801083&postcount=834
So everyone, who reports issues with home arrow, distances or anything wrong are... Are just noobs who can't use software! It's so simple - just say "Works for me" and bugs gone!

Not true, of course may be there are some bugs, but of course we need to discriminate the origin of issue.

ABL wrote:As i said, i got to another version, which is fine. What you did correctly this time - hiding items actually works, which is good thing. Home arrow did not ;-)

Please, wich version ?
Just now I look at and tried, with last vers. 2.2 I can hide/show the home arrow, please explain better.

ABL wrote:
home_arrow_position.jpg

I'm right-top corner, with home position properly set, mag calibrated and recalibrated before flight. Not really sure, maybe this is not issue for others...

On right-top corner I see 99mt distance to home, 31Km/h speed, 10 sats.
What are your dubts?
Home arrow indication not correct?
Wrong distance or wrong speed ?

Cheers
Carlo

ABL

Post by ABL »

carlonb wrote:if I remember well, somewhere in this forum I read troubles about I2C GPS, the arrow was reversed of 180°, or speed not correctly calculated, but if the data on MWii GUI are all correct, also OSD must run OK as the OSD "print" the received data on screen.

I do not use i2c GPS, i use Ublox 6, perfect sat view all time...
carlonb wrote:
ABL wrote:
home_arrow_position.jpg

On right-top corner I see 99mt distance to home, 31Km/h speed, 10 sats.
What are your dubts?
Home arrow indication not correct?
Wrong distance or wrong speed ?

;-)
I am in right-top corner. Aka "home position". Aka "Launch point". Aka "RTH location". Aka "arming place". Arrow points to different location, not sure if it's OK. Probably...

Also, forgot to mention - after reading:
kataventos wrote:CURRENT SENSING works amazingly, I PERSONALY CHANGED ALL FORMULAS and tested WITH TWO DIFFERENT SENSORS (Allegro and RCTimer) so, I am damn sure. If it does not work for you try some reading about it.

I took both mentioned sensors with me to field:
- 100A allegro hall-effect based sensor (ACS754 SCB-100)
- rctimer voltage-drop based sensor

Flew with one, then with another, connected to MinimADC, as described in wiki. Both are working fine on other AP's.
Both show zero on screen with offset set to "0" (as you can see in screenshot above), adding "offset" just makes displayed current negative (for example, offset -29 shows -0.9A on screen, which does not depends on ADC voltage).

Anyway, do not waste time with me, nobody else has those issues, software is flawless.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

ABL wrote:I am in right-top corner. Aka "home position". Aka "Launch point". Aka "RTH location". Aka "arming place". Arrow points to different location, not sure if it's OK. Probably...

Serious, are you 15 years old? If yes I think this statement should be OK, but not here...

@ Carlo

Please let it go man, don´t waste your time... we are here for the developments together with who wants to actualy contribut with real good ideas/enhancements. These (ABL) are stupidity posts comming from who think that they actualy have a brain... The Idea was to:
ABL wrote: Haha, i knew this will happen...
Get it? He is a bright tuff guy... ((eg) ...he will see how tuff I am nobody makes fun of me, I will do that myself!)

ABL wrote:[
....WFM, so GTFO"......."FU".....

With so many inteligent acronimous I also found that ABL stands for AwesomeBrainLess ... :mrgreen:

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@ all other users,

if you think that the CharMap is to small on your screen I can rapidly edit a new and alternative one with symbols for screens with less resolution, no problem with that.

You can even give examples of 3 letters or icons for all of them... ;)

As I am going to be out until January 3 please use the "Issues" on the repository to declare bugs with KVT 2.2.
I just would ask you all to check them twice before report them.

Cheers and Happy New Year with lot´s of health and great flights full of rush and fun,
-KV

EDIT: @Carlo

the ARMED/DISARMED position can maybe be the only real bug reported by the brainless since the Heading Graphic was disabled (I didn´t check that) since the heading graphic is extremely important so pilot can know where he was/is heading in case of satelittes lost... can you check that? We can chat or email each other as always but I will be unable to make further tests in order to catch this one.

Of course that a pilot that fly´s only in few meters from take off place will need the home arrow but not heading, I can understand this... in case of emergency It would take to much brain cells to fly looking at the instruments to reach home without a pointer :lol:

Ohhh Carlo, almost forgot... the home arrow does not work now and never worked, the simulator is wrong and we need to check it as well :roll: ABrainLess is "right":
Last edited by kataventos on Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABL

Post by ABL »

kataventos wrote:Serious, are you 15 years old? If yes I think this statement should be OK, but not here...

No, i'm 12.
But i'm trolling here on 60y old guys, who can't understand, that arrow points 160° wrong side than it should.
Oh wait, it points to correct side, because there's no issues and no bugs, so i probably just teleported here and arrow can't follow moving home position so rapidly... Right?
kataventos wrote:With so many inteligent acronimous I also found that ABL stands for AwesomeBrainLess ... :mrgreen:

RRrrright! Straight to the point!
As i said, there's no bugs in software, only stupid users who can't use it properly. I'm one of them... Lots of us ;-)

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

:mrgreen:

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@Carlo

completely ignore everything I have said about the ARMED/DISARMED position on screen when heading graphic is Off (you know what I was thinking when I said that)... I downloaded the code (I´m far from home at this time) and took a look to it, everything should work fine man, then I returned here and took a better look to the PIC...

This ABrainLess is completly useless even for himself.

He is mixing code versions and was even able to bug he´s own code... no clue how he did it! anyway, what a goofy... the only thing he was actually able to do here was to post pointless silly stuff, to make us loose family time during this season trying to figure what went wrong and to make me :lol: (this part is nice... my entire family laughed... really nice Scotch here)

The guy is even able to take twenty different current sensors to the field to try them all out one at a time :mrgreen:

ohhh but he does have $700US Cinemyzer googles that where not able to display the chars from actual 2.2 dev... :lol: I wish I could have one pair of those near by just to check :D Santa was not that sweet with me this year (known WW economy problems ahahah ) I forgive him!

ABL

Post by ABL »

Oh man, you're more sick than i was thinking...
I clearly stated, that my earlier screenshot was from r370. But it seems you like personal attacks, make-up facts from thin air and other funny stuff - all this just to defend "your" copypasted software.
As i said, there's no bugs, no issues, everything works perfect, all you need to say - "works for me, you're stupid" and bugs gone. No need to talk about "brainless", "useless" and other things.
One suggestion... Before you write another public post - learn to read a bit. Please. Just a bit, because it seems you can't. And then go back and edit your posts with more make-up facts, thank you.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

:mrgreen: thanks for this great time, software bugs are almost gone now thanks to you.

any other bug to declare let´s say... hmmm... in development version 2.0?
Of course that everyone here would like to know about 2.0, .1, r340 and r370 when we are on 2.2...

Now serious... come back every time you need to talk with us, you can even use this thread to make questions and try to really understand what you are doing wrong on your setup, we can try and help you out.

You are always welcome my friend, just be polite... My sick insanity vanish with polite and self effacing posts rather then this goofy, arm wrestling bullshit (you´l be continuously hurting yourself)... remember this or just let it go.

Wish you all the luck with your Multirotor gadget setup with the hope you can have it working 100% sometime soon.

Cheers,
-KV