KV Team Multiwii OSD

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Kayle

Re: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by Kayle »

Hello,

today i installed KV OSD on my rctimer Mavlink osd. It works but it seems that the font is incorrect. I followed the instructions on the homepage. I upload the Font which is included in the DATA Folder. When i turn on my OSD the horizon bar looks like "ALTALTALTALT". It is not like a line. Also the Voltag display is blinking with an incorrect font. Multiwii is 2.1 ( navigation for fixed wing ) and KV OSD r345. Does anyone have the same issue ? What can i do ?

Boot
Boot

Working
Working

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Well... the same issue again :D nice... you all need to cheek for information on this thread because most of the times it is here... Anyway, it is not just your fault, I should have added the information on the wiki about that particular piece of good hardware when we figured how to solve that "issue" in first place :mrgreen: Will do ASAP.

To solve: Power the 12v side during char map upload also and you will be OK.

Question: why are you using MWii 2.1?

I am sure you understand that you can not have accurate on screen info like altitude etc besides, we are thinking (but... it depends also on your explanation for using in this case MW2.1, I am sure that you are not the only one of course ...) on no longer support older MW devs on newer KVT releases :(

Have fun and fly safe,
KV

Kayle

AW: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by Kayle »

Hi,

Yes it make sense to Power the max Chip during upload the font file. I use the fixed wing Navigation mw Version from PatrikE. This Version is Build from mw 2.1

Greetings and thank for your help.
Kayle

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

Hi,

Yes it make sense to Power the max Chip during upload the font file. I use the fixed wing Navigation mw Version from PatrikE. This Version is Build from mw 2.1

Greetings and thank for your help.
Kayle

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

It works great now. Thanks KV.

Kayle

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

My fault. The Navigation fixed wing Version is based on mw2.2 ( preversion ). So it should work.

Kayle

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

@Kayle: You can see its work on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKm6Imp43_c

Regards
Andrej

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

Thanks. I will add my voltage Sensor and then i will do my first osd based flight.

Kayle

dramida

Post by dramida »

Hi team, i dd some fantastic photos using MWC 2.2 and KV osd. Thanks for sharing. Pictures on

www.facebook.com/filmare.fotografie.aeriana

Mihai

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@ Crashlander,

:D awesome, you are a pioneer and I will add a wiki page for some of user videos as demonstration, I never saw the OSD running on fixed wing and loved to see it :mrgreen:
That is why we have a function that (for some gliders that can be lot´s of time in the air) change from minutes to hours at 59:59.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Kayle wrote:It works great now. Thanks KV.

Kayle

;)

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

kataventos wrote::D awesome, you are a pioneer and I will add a wiki page for some of user videos as demonstration, I never saw the OSD running on fixed wing and loved to see it :mrgreen:

Well thank you! :)
I felt it was necessary thing to have for proper analysis of fixed wing GPS functionality.

In my video you can see that the vario is not working (showing 0 all the time). Any idea how to enable that for fixed wing?

Regards
Andrej

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

crashlander wrote:
kataventos wrote::D awesome, you are a pioneer and I will add a wiki page for some of user videos as demonstration, I never saw the OSD running on fixed wing and loved to see it :mrgreen:

I felt it was necessary thing to have for proper analysis of fixed wing GPS functionality.

In my video you can see that the vario is not working (showing 0 all the time). Any idea how to enable that for fixed wing?

Regards
Andrej

Very good demo OSD on fixed wing :)
About Vario, yes I saw it's showing fixed zero, for sure this info it's not sent from MWii to OSD when configured as fixed wing, please ask in forum.
Bye
Carlo

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

crashlander wrote:

Regards
Andrej

:mrgreen: I was only enjoying the flight and looking at the heading arrow... did not even noticed that, but like Carlo said it is better to ask on proper topic to fix that "issue".

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

Hello,

today i did my first flying wing test with the osd. Here is a picture:

OSD
OSD

The OSD works. But with wrong values :shock: Only BAT Value works great. The GPS Values like ALT, Speed and heading arrow doesn´t work. I use an i2c nav board and a mediatek 5hz gps in nmea mode. I don´t use a baro, only a mpu6050 on my wiiboard. I think the gps don´t send the correct values to the i2c nav board. Does it make sense ?

Kayle

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

:shock: What kind of hardware configuration is that? I am afraid to say that without MAG you will not have Navigation/Heading... besides, I2C GPS is out of my domain so, you will need to ask on a proper topic to find answers...
If the information is wrong, have nothing to do with the OSD firmware, MW is just not sending it correctly or it is not capable to because the GPS code is running on a separated processor achieving the data by I2C maybe limits it to only Navigation and no telemetry capable (just guessing imagining the hardware working...) :?

But in truth I think that you are missing some hardware also:!: :?: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
KV

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

kataventos wrote::shock: What kind of hardware configuration is that? I am afraid to say that without MAG you will not have Navigation/Heading... besides, I2C GPS is out of my domain so, you will need to ask on a proper topic to find answers...
If the information is wrong, have nothing to do with the OSD firmware, MW is just not sending it correctly or it is not capable to because the GPS code is running on a separated processor achieving the data by I2C maybe limits it to only Navigation and no telemetry capable (just guessing imagining the hardware working...) :?

But in truth I think that you are missing some hardware also:!: :?: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
KV

Hello KV,

i only use a promini 328 with mpu6050. I can´t find any information that heading is only working with MAG :cry:

In GUI the Distance and ALT is shown. So i think mw should sending it to the osd. I will ask in other topic.

Kayle

realpastaman

Post by realpastaman »

I have the Minim OSD working well on my 328 based Pro Mini 328 based flight controller.

I am just upgrading the flight controller to an Crius AIOP V2 and I want to use the Minim Osd + a serial GPS on this new flight controller.

My question is that I'm using serial 2 for the GPS and would like to use serial port 1 or 3 for the Minim OSD.

Is this going to be possible and to i need to configure anything different? I would rather use serial 1 or 3 for the Minim instead of serial 0

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

realpastaman wrote:Is this going to be possible and to i need to configure anything different? ...

No special treatment needed ;) choose your port and have fun!
Mine is on Serial 1.

KV

realpastaman

Post by realpastaman »

kataventos wrote:
realpastaman wrote:Is this going to be possible and to i need to configure anything different? ...

No special treatment needed ;) choose your port and have fun!
Mine is on Serial 1.

KV

Thanks Kataventos my AIOP V2 should arrive today so will try!

EmmeDi8

Post by EmmeDi8 »

Hi,
I have successful display number of amps currently being consumed without soldering any wire to 328p.
Actually, to do this we must renounce RSSI data. I have hitech minima 6 receiver and I can't have rssi so is perfect for me.
I have used ACS755L recycled from Quanum telemetry system, and connected to pin A2 of my PROMINI.
Then in Config.h of multiwii I have use this define

Code: Select all

#define POWERMETER_HARD
    /* PLEVELSCALE is the step size you can use to set alarm */
    #define PLEVELSCALE 50          // if you change this value for other granularity, you must search for comments in code to change accordingly
    /* larger PLEVELDIV will get you smaller value for power (mAh equivalent) */
    #define PLEVELDIV 5000          // (*) default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
    #define PLEVELDIVSOFT PLEVELDIV // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000
    #define PSENSORNULL 123         // 5 : 1023 = 0.6 : x (0.6 V is 0.0 Amperage offset)
    #define PINT2mA 12              // (*) for telemtry display: one integer step on arduino analog translates to mA (example 4.9 / 37 * 100

In Multiwii.ino add static uint16_t powerAmp = 0;

#if defined(POWERMETER)
#define PMOTOR_SUM 8                     // index into pMeter[] for sum
  static uint32_t pMeter[PMOTOR_SUM + 1];  // we use [0:7] for eight motors,one extra for sum
  static uint8_t pMeterV;                  // dummy to satisfy the paramStruct logic in ConfigurationLoop()
  static uint32_t pAlarm;                  // we scale the eeprom value from [0:255] to this value we can directly compare to the sum in pMeter[6]
  static uint16_t powerValue = 0;          // last known current
  static uint16_t powerAmp = 0;        //<================ ADD THIS
#endif

and add powerAmp = (powerValue * conf.pint2ma) / 10;

#if defined(POWERMETER_HARD)
    uint16_t pMeterRaw;               // used for current reading
    static uint16_t psensorTimer = 0;
    if (! (++psensorTimer % PSENSORFREQ)) {
      pMeterRaw =  analogRead(PSENSORPIN);
      //lcdprint_int16(pMeterRaw); LCDcrlf();
      powerValue = ( conf.psensornull > pMeterRaw ? conf.psensornull - pMeterRaw : pMeterRaw - conf.psensornull); // do not use abs(), it would induce implicit cast to uint and overrun
      if ( powerValue < 333) {  // only accept reasonable values. 333 is empirical
      #ifdef LCD_TELEMETRY
        if (powerValue > powerMax) powerMax = powerValue;
      #endif
      } else {
        powerValue = 333;
      }       
      pMeter[PMOTOR_SUM] += (uint32_t) powerValue;
      powerAmp = (powerValue * conf.pint2ma) / 10;                   //<=========== ADD THIS
    }
  #endif

In Serial.ino switch RSSI to AMP

case MSP_ANALOG:
     headSerialReply(5);
     serialize8(vbat);
     serialize16(intPowerMeterSum);
     serialize16(powerAmp);                     //<========ADD THIS
     //serialize16(rssi);                          //<========COMMENT THIS
[/b]     break;

Now on Serial.ino of KV_TEAM_OSD

if (cmdMSP==MSP_ANALOG)
  {
    MwVBat=read8();
    pMeterSum=read16();
    //MwRssi = read16();                                  //<=======COMMENT THIS
    amperage     = float(read16());                    //<=======ADD THIS
  }

Happy Fly

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

:?: :roll: :ugeek: OK :D the most important is to have fun!

But you should consider buy other RX/TX, the RSSI is more important then instant consumption for FPV ;)
Anyway, you have attended your personal needs and have done it well.

Thanks for sharing.
Have fun and fly safe,
KV

EmmeDi8

Post by EmmeDi8 »

Sure you're right and I have planned to switch out from HiTec to other TX/RX because read RSSI from this receivers is not easy.
Alternatively I have go to some HiTec clone like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27175__2_4Ghz_A_FHSS_Compatible_8CH_Receiver_Hitec_Minima_compatible_.html
but I don't trust RX clone.
Currently my flights is 50% very near fpv and 50% normal flights. Seeing youtube videos seems easy (when is another to drive) but when I have the TX on my hand is another things.
Mainly this is the reasons because I don't have RSSI. When will drive on a medium/long range RSSI is surely on my OSD ;)
However...my thanks to all KV TEAM your software is very well made.

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

The Frsky Delta8 works great for me and at 23$ vs 59$(Futaba) it's a bargin, got RSSI,PPM,A-FHSS.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1874908

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Well, after the entire weekend around the GUI code, must say that I really need to sleep :ugeek: but not before stopping here to share what will be the GUI of the KV Team 2.2 release.
Hope you like it, take a look at all the new options you will have on the OSD. Also new pages to better customize your screen were added by Carlonb, and more stuff you will see on changes doc.

Cheers,
KV

Last edited by kataventos on Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

Hello,

I like the osd very much. But my ALT is shown in MSL and is at start 113m. Now i saw in some Videos there is another ALT displayed in the left side with 0 on Start. How can i Show this alt with r345 Version ?

Kayle

felixrising

Post by felixrising »

Looking good kataventos! Thumbs up!

EmmeDi8

Post by EmmeDi8 »

Gimbal,

Thanks for the info. I have read the thread and Delta 8 receiver seems similar to HK receiver.
So before change my Transmitter, I will try one of this : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ible_.html

tryss

Post by tryss »

I guys ! Thanks again for the great job. I wanna share a vidéo of mounting OsD (RCTIMER) made yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201181927138730&l=7785695823220275863

Some stufs are very important like furnish the 12 V. Hope it Will help people.

Kayle

Re: AW: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by Kayle »

Kayle wrote:Hello,

I like the osd very much. But my ALT is shown in MSL and is at start 113m. Now i saw in some Videos there is another ALT displayed in the left side with 0 on Start. How can i Show this alt with r345 Version ?

Kayle

Does i need a baro to get displayed ALT in meter ?

Kayle

kataventos

Re: AW: SW Development on Minim Osd

Post by kataventos »

Kayle wrote:
Does i need a baro to get displayed ALT in meter ?

Kayle

Hi Kayle,

yes you need to have a baro installed, that´s how Multiwii acquires/reads your altitude and consequently send the data to the OSD.

Cheers,
KV

Kayle

Post by Kayle »

Thanks.

Kayle

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

I have a MW Mega board with a Serial GPS on COM2 and the MinimOSD on COM4. Both work, just not together. If I boot up with both connected the OSD works but the GPS will not get a lock. If I disconnect the OSD and boot the GPS gets a lock. After the GPS has a lock, if I connect the OSD, all works fine. How do I get them to work without having to disconnect the OSD first?

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

Not sure why you have this problem but you could try to delay initializing the serial port by simply adding a delay in startup() of your minimosd.

void setup()
{
Delay(2000);
  Serial.begin(115200);
//---- override UBRR with MWC settings
  uint8_t h = ((F_CPU  / 4 / (115200) -1) / 2) >> 8;
  uint8_t l = ((F_CPU  / 4 / (115200) -1) / 2);
  UCSR0A  |= (1<<U2X0); UBRR0H = h; UBRR0L = l;
//---
  Serial.flush();

//PWM RSSI
  pinMode(PwmRssiPin, INPUT);

//Led output
  pinMode(7,OUTPUT);

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

Thanks. I'll give it a go...

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

brettwal wrote:I have a MW Mega board with a Serial GPS on COM2 and the MinimOSD on COM4. ...

Hi, please describe your exact setup, FC board, GPS, and OSD model´s. This is not a common issue and should be analyzed, also before anything connect your OSD on COM1 and test again with your copter on the outside (just in case... :? ), this is the serial port I use and should advice you all to use, the port number should not make any difference at this time but... :ugeek:

Cheers,
-KV

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

I used COM1 for my MinimOSD with my MW Mega Board, and it worked just fine.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

yep, 99% of the users do not have this problem but if it exist it need to be fixed, although as I said before no problem was found ever regarding this and should not...
That is why is important to be posted the exact setup with model parts and brand´s.

-KV

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

I did move the OSD to COM 1 and I no longer have the issue.

I am using a mega board from goodluckbuy.com and a freeimu v0.35

GPS is a Ublox Lea 6 H
Last edited by brettwal on Fri May 31, 2013 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

Duplicate
Last edited by brettwal on Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

I did move the OSD to COM 1 and I no longer have the issue.

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

brettwal wrote:I did move the OSD to COM 1 and I no longer have the issue.

:? OK, have fun!

rortega

Post by rortega »

Dear kataventos, the job you are doing is each time better, great job!!!
Today I have tested your latest dev version ( Revision: aaeb1f8a8e2f ) and I've found a big issue: the init screen remains too much time (almost one minute), and then, the time counter goes very slow.
I had set the PWM RSSI switch to "on" ¿Could be the pulseIn function the problem?

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi rortega,

:mrgreen: that is what happens by sneaking out on the repo...
There is an issue with the PWM when no signal is connected to the board, but just that... everything else is OK ;)

EEPROM addresses changed a lot with the new switches so, I advice you to clear the EEPROM and reinstall r345 until the new official release (or to use that one without PWM for now).

On these next weeks I will be with lot´s of professional work so, it will take a little bit more to the new release. Ross is also with almost no time on last weeks and it´s just me and Carlo on the code (with less time also at the moment). That is why it was me changing the GUI (normally Ross is the GUI Guru) but I think my work is also OK with the new functions and look :mrgreen:

-KV

vpb

Post by vpb »

Hi Kata,

My 2nd minim board (rctimer version) worked okay at home, but it's malfunctioning now when I did flight test this morning, still dont know why :( . The board is not able to work or connect to FTDI now, just only red led is lighted. Luckily I have one spare board. I guess sth is wrong with 11.1v input (VIDEO in line) & 5v input or the overheating issue (I powered on the copter for some minutes but still not fly).

Your setup guide recommends to do 5v modification, where can I find that modification guide? Tks!

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

vpb wrote:Hi Kata,

My 2nd minim board (rctimer version) worked okay at home, but it's malfunctioning now when I did flight test this morning, still dont know why :( . The board is not able to work or connect to FTDI now, just only red led is lighted. Luckily I have one spare board. I guess sth is wrong with 11.1v input (VIDEO in line) & 5v input or the overheating issue (I powered on the copter for some minutes but still not fly).

Your setup guide recommends to do 5v modification, where can I find that modification guide? Tks!

Hi vpb,
about correct Minim OSD supply take a look here http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=607.0
Cheers
Carlo

Peter

Post by Peter »

The RC-Timer has a switching regulator and should not have the overheating problem. It is not possible to do the 5v mod on the RC-Timer model AFAIK.

BUT my rctimer did burn within the hour. I got a new one from them for free, been testing it and seems OK. Have not dared to fly with it yet.

rortega

Post by rortega »

kataventos wrote:Hi rortega,

:mrgreen: that is what happens by sneaking out on the repo...

I have a very importan reason for doing that. I'm sure you'll know to apreciate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We will be waiting ... without patience ... :mrgreen:

Meanwhile I will try to get the pwm rssi signal from Frsky throught Multiwii using an rc filter, so I will make some changes to your r235 release for calculate and dislplay teh correct percent value on screeen.
Attachments
IMAG2100.jpg

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi Rortega,

hehehe :mrgreen: what you have there is the best FPV semi professional for AP/AV ever made..... :lol:
I even sold my hexa lol... Well, like I said before please be patient let me just concentrate on my work until the school year ends, I have lots of students and lot´s of work to do.

I will inclusive (later not now and not on this topic) send you some pics/mods I did to my frame to get even better results with a lighter and better looking frame, maybe you will like to mod it as well ;)

Also waiting for the brushless gimbal and very angry because I don´t even have time to mount it and fly now... :( :evil:

I also intend to fly with it ON (Gimbal) using the OSD instrument´s (AH mostly) no secondary camera :mrgreen: That will be a lot of training and tuning the gimbal end points and PID´s to obtain the best results in every way... :roll:

Cheers my friend,
-KV

kataventos

Post by kataventos »

rortega wrote:
Meanwhile I will try to get the pwm rssi signal from Frsky throught Multiwii using an rc filter, so I will make some changes to your r235 release for calculate and dislplay teh correct percent value on screeen.

Yes, it works just fine. You mean r345...

-KV