Conf only works once after flashing firmware

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
hwurzburg

Conf only works once after flashing firmware

Post by hwurzburg »

Using Multwii 2.1 in X-quad...flashes fine and works well...however, config tool only works ONCE after flashing the firmware....if I power down and re-attach and restart Conf 2.1, I get com attached, but straight lines on gryos,etc. after starting....if I reflash, then restart Conf program, it works but only once, power down, and the same thing happens....any ideas? Crius SE board...its worked fine on other CRIUS SE boards (different revs however)...quad flies well, but its a pain to have to recompile and flash the sketch every time I want to change a P term :x

kamphausen

Re: Conf only works once after flashing firmware

Post by kamphausen »

Sounds to me lika a initialisation error on the UART.....
what about serial com speed settings or definitions regarding sumsignal /Spektrum?

regards

bukalemun

Post by bukalemun »

Hello,

I have Crius AIOP flight control card flashed with multiwii 2.1
I faced exactly the save problem as you did. Flashes well and multiwiiconf works great after flashing if I don't turn off the card.

However if I unplug the usb and reconnect conf connects to com port but no data is received from the card and I have to reflash the card.
What could be the problem? Did anyone had the same issue?

KasparsL

Post by KasparsL »

My Crius AIO pro will not start after reboot or power down if my wireless seial link (apc220) is left connected with gui. I need to disconnect the serial port - the controller boots. Maybe some Bluetooth or other serial device is connected to the same serial port?

bukalemun

Post by bukalemun »

No, nothing is connected on the same port. I connect Crius using its microusb cable. Nothing else is connected to the card or to the computer.
If I don't power down the card after flashing there is no problem connecting to multiwiiconfig. I only can't connect again after repowering the card.

I tried rebooting the computer but didn't help. The only way to reconnect to multiwiiconfig is to reupload the firmware using arduino

KasparsL

Post by KasparsL »

It could be bootloader problem, i don't know which one do you need doh.

bukalemun

Post by bukalemun »

anyway I will try with the multiwii 2.0 if that works I will try again with 2.1 later.
not a big deal, config saves my settings anyway I just can't change them later :)

bukalemun

Post by bukalemun »

Hi, I have finally resolved this problem by downloading MultiWii_dev_r1311.zip from multiwii softwares and uploading the multiwii 2.1 version found in that zip file. It worked properly each time I powered it via usb and connected to conf dev_r1311