r1240 roll of death

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
scrat

r1240 roll of death

Post by scrat »

Hi,

I have flashed my aio pro with latest dev. I don't know what happened but quad was hovering about 2 meters from the ground, and suddenly made 3 rolls to the right and landed upside down. Result...two broken props and two prop savers.

Maybe some bug in the code?

Baro ALT is working better like r1177.
GPS Pos hold doesn't work better like r1177.

Sebbi

Re: r1240 roll of death

Post by Sebbi »

When I had rolls of death it was always because of the gyro not working. As I later found out voltage drops was the cause for this and a capacitor fixed it. Symptoms were I2C errors in the GUI after a crash and said non working gyro :/

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

On AIO I had issues of mid air engines stop (all at once so no flip or roll). And as others said in other posts it makes sense to use additional/extelnal BEC to power AIO and remove jumper.

Regards Andrej

BTW: some time ago Hamburger reported that with wii-esc flashed ESC he had issuse of midair single motor stop (but only under some circumstances (cold was one of them) and only some combinations).

BTTW: But of corse it is allways possible that it is actuall MWII fault ;) That is the fun part with using dev. releases.

scrat

Post by scrat »

I flew 3 batteries two days ago with r1177 when outside temp was around 0 with no problem. Yesterday with r1240 it was raining outside a little. Maybe one drop fell on board and make gyro gone wild.

@Sebbi: After a crash I have flashed my board with r1177 and have about 4minutes of flight and all is ok for now. In GUI I don't have any I2C errors and no message of gyro not working.

@crashlander: If I will use separate BEC. Which one do you recommend? I prefer to buy from Hobbyking or rctimer. So then I must cut off all red wires from ESC's?
I think maybe it is MWII r1240 because of gyro and baro calibration with stick combo. I always use stick combo to calibrate gyro before flight.

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

I'm using that one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=4319
it is connected directly to extended power (have to solder pins or cables) and remove the jumper (J1).
I have not removed red wires from ESC (and it works for now).

Regards Andrej

BTW: The weather really sucks these days....

scrat

Post by scrat »

THX for info.

Yes weather sucks. I hope saturday will be better :)

scrat

Post by scrat »

Today I've bought UBEC. It is ZTW. 3A-max5A, 5-25V and selectable output - 5V or 6V. I have soldered two pins on AIO, removed J1 jumper and it works (didn't remov redwires on esc's). And I've selected 5V output or should I select 6V?.

scrat

Post by scrat »

So have anyone tested version r1240 from mwii download page on CRIUS AIO Pro?

Woppit

Post by Woppit »

Hi scrat,
Yes I am using r1240 on the Crius AIO Pro running well no prob's as yet, and had about 7 to 8 flights of 10 mins.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Thx for info. Do you use external BEC for powering FC or you're powering FC just with ESC?

Woppit

Post by Woppit »

I run ALL ESC's +5V together, no external BEC on any. The ESC's are all turnigy plush on all craft.