Motors spinning for a split second if stick movement to arm

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
jevermeister

Motors spinning for a split second if stick movement to arm

Post by jevermeister »

Hi,
I am using arm/disarm via aux and noticed, that the gauges for the motors are flicking if you apply the combo for arm disarm even if the aux channel is turned to "off"
wouldn't it be a good idea to apply this change to the source:

Code: Select all

if (rcSticks == THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_CE + ROL_CE) f.ARMED = 0;    // Disarm via YAW

to this:

Code: Select all

if (conf.activate[BOXARM] == 0 && rcSticks == THR_LO + YAW_LO + PIT_CE + ROL_CE) f.ARMED = 0;    // Disarm via YAW

this is just an example and has to be done to four lines in the code.

I think this will prevent this behavior

What do you think?

Nils

jevermeister

Re: Motors spinning for a split second if stick movement to

Post by jevermeister »

no one interested in this dangerous bug?

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

I don't think many people use this feature, but I can confirm what you are saying.
question with that change. if boxarm is not assigned to aux, can the quad still be armed via yaw?
I see the problem in arm and disarm. perhaps to simplify things, the boxarm option should just be removed?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I only ever use one of the two stick combos to arm/disarm; if your suggested change fixes aux arm/disarm and does not break stick arming, then go for it.
Btw. I like the feedback on armed status via boxarm (checkbox) just as with every other checkbox switchable feature.

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

So it is okay to let a feature with a bug in the code because not many people are using it?
well this is nice.

@hamburger: just a suggestion, no more contributions. I think there is no use to maintain a code thas is only fixed by personal interest in features. imho:if it implemented it should work without any bugs.
just sayin..

nils

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

jevermeister wrote:So it is okay to let a feature with a bug in the code because not many people are using it?
well this is nice.
@hamburger: just a suggestion, no more contributions. I think there is no use to maintain a code thas is only fixed by personal interest in features. imho:if it implemented it should work without any bugs.

sounding quite harsh?
Maybe it is not only driven by personal interest but by limited personal knowledge? I know I do not like fiddling with parts of the code I do not understand well. In the past I have had good results with contacting the specific authors who would be qualified to know.

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

that was not meant towards you dude.

I do not like those excuses like: "Not many people are using ..."

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

jevermeister wrote:that was not meant towards you dude.

I do not like those excuses like: "Not many people are using ..."

yeah, I did not even think you meant me:)
Maybe really try and contact an appropriate dev if you want to stay away from coding/fixing for real.

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

the not many people using is meant to answer your question why no one is interested in responding to this thread and has nothing to do with a bug getting fixed or not. which is along the same line as people not famiiar with the code will not respond. I'd follow hamburger's advice to contact and work with the code author.

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

Is there a list somewhere of who was/is responsible for what part of the code so he/she can be contacted? Something like "git blame" (sorry to bring git up again)?

+1 for the change. When arm is on an AUX channel the stick combos should not be active (kind of important for airplanes, i think).

jevermeister

Post by jevermeister »

doughboy wrote:the not many people using is meant to answer your question why no one is interested in responding to this thread and has nothing to do with a bug getting fixed or not. which is along the same line as people not famiiar with the code will not respond. I'd follow hamburger's advice to contact and work with the code author.

sorry,
I misinterpreted your post.

nils