is there Mega/Seeduino Octo Code available?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Centurian

is there Mega/Seeduino Octo Code available?

Post by Centurian »

Subject says it all... wondering if anyone has code to support an octo on a mega? I thought someone had done it but I'm not finding it here or on RCG.

If not, who do I bribe???? :roll:

Alexinparis

Re: is there Mega/Seeduino Octo Code available?

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

Are you ready to be a beta tester for this ?
I'm just currently coding something about this ;)
Which octo conf would you like to see ?
(I was thinking about octo+, octoX, coax +8 or coax X8, but we could go also go for a V8, H8, or another exotic conf)
It's up to you, but I will implement for the moment only one
I can supply a code quite fast, but without the motor visualization.

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Hey Alex,

I'd be happy to be the beta guy. All I really need are the pin assignements and motor writes. The relative motor calcs are easy. Looking at X8 (coaxial quad X) to start with. Not concerned with the GUI. I am an arduino idiot, will be using Seeeduino with genuine nintendo WMP & Nunchuck. Need the pull up settings and, I havn't checked, but would prefer to use the same FTDI interface(from the pro mini) as I don't know what's reqired to run the seeeduino directly with USB.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

I added a dev version here:
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... ev_version

there are already many changes, and the octox8 is also there via a #define OCTOX8 ;)

motor:
arduino pin: 3,5,6,2,7,8,9,10
order:
//REAR_R
//FRONT_R
//REAR_L
//FRONT_L
//UNDER_REAR_R
//UNDER_FRONT_R
//UNDER_REAR_L
//UNDER_FRONT_L

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response. Got the code, not familiar with the layout(tabs in arduino.exe), but I think I got it.

This is quickly becomming a log of my seeeduino progress:

Compiles fine as is, comment promini and uncomment mega and I got an error. Solution is to choose the "mega" board type in aurduino.exe tools.

Reset for upload: 2 solutions....

1) Switch next to USB connector enables auto reset in the right position

-or-

2) To upload, seeeduino needs to be reset quickly after arduino.exe says "uploading to board" Reset button is a black push button on the edge of the board behind the big white power connector in the lower left corner if "seeeduion mega" is right side up.

will keep notes here as I figure this thing out...[/b]

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

The seeeduino MEGA has an integrated FTDI.
So, you can use directly the mini usb port of this board, the only change from the arduino IDE point of view is the COM port number.
I think it's more easier to do this way.

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Alexinparis wrote:The seeeduino MEGA has an integrated FTDI.
So, you can use directly the mini usb port of this board, the only change from the arduino IDE point of view is the COM port number.
I think it's more easier to do this way.

Yes, I'm using the onboard USB/FTDI and it works fine once I figured out the reset to load issue.

Waiting on nintendo parts to arrive and have a couple questions.

I've seen posts about connecting both the WMP and Nunchuck to the arduino rather than the nun thru WMP. What is the current preferred/working method?

The code you posted has the "//#define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS" I need to uncoment this line for Nintendo components?

I think I have figured out the pinouts, but if you would take a look at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431274 and tell me if you see any errors. I don't plan on running the alarm or LCD so should be pretty simple. I think there may be an error on the diagram on the LCD serial connection. Anyway, any help is apprediated.

On another note, did the GoPro mount ever make it to you?

Doug

quadslo

Post by quadslo »

Octo? great! :)

For the motor configuration my advice is the one that is the most stable and one which can have the smallest frame in diameter.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Centurian wrote:I've seen posts about connecting both the WMP and Nunchuck to the arduino rather than the nun thru WMP. What is the current preferred/working method?

the preferred way is to used the pas-through mode because original WMP has no ITG3205 and can't be used in // mode.

The code you posted has the "//#define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS" I need to uncoment this line for Nintendo components?

you need to leave this line uncommented for WMP or WMP+NK.

I think I have figured out the pinouts, but if you would take a look at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431274 and tell me if you see any errors. I don't plan on running the alarm or LCD so should be pretty simple. I think there may be an error on the diagram on the LCD serial connection. Anyway, any help is apprediated.

In order to have a common basis, I redefined some PIN mapping.
everything is documented here "MEGA final" and should be implemented in the dev version.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spread ... utput=html

On another note, did the GoPro mount ever make it to you?

thanks,I received it, it's a very nice and very light mount system.
I ordered some parts to build a new quad with 20-50s motor and 8'' props.
Your mount system should fit perfectly on it ;)

mgros

Post by mgros »

Alexinparis wrote:In order to have a common basis, I redefined some PIN mapping.
everything is documented here "MEGA final" and should be implemented in the dev version.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spread ... utput=html

A perfect selection PIN's!!

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Hi Guys,

Pin 37 does not appear to provide power to the nintendo sensors. It appears to me to be 37 in the code. The diagram at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachme ... id=3976499 shows the sensors powered by PWM Pin 12??? When connected directly to VCC on the I2C bus, works fine, get nothing on pin 37 as shown below. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Pin 37 in Yellow Elipse
Pin 37 in Yellow Elipse

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi Doug,

For MEGA boards:
- it was D12 in 1.7
- it is D37 in the dev version
( #define POWERPIN_PINMODE pinMode (37, OUTPUT);)

did you try the dev vervion with the D37 PIN ?

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Hey Alex,

Yes, I'm using the dev version with octo support you posted above. I am not a hardware guy, I am really struggling trying to find seeeduino documentation that's understandable to me. The Pin 37 I'm using is next to the I2C bus on the photo I posted above (circled in yellow). It it the only pin marked 37 and at http://garden.seeedstudio.com/index.php?title=Seeeduino_Mega it's bank is labeled as "30-37 GPIO:PC0-PC7 General Purpose Input Output Pins". This seems consistant with what I see with Jussi's shield at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3901754 Was hoping to get my hands on a scope today, but looks like tomorrow.

Is it possible that the USB powersupply will not power this pin? I have no other power to the board yet.

I really apprecaite your help on this, I can't seem to get anyone else to offer up any advice.

Is there anyway to know for sure I've found the correct pin? Some way to force a reset?

On another note, is the current IMU documented somewhere?? With the sensors isolated, the gui update for the accels was very slow when moved indepenantly from the gyro which teils me the sensors are now integrated... this is great, but I'd like to understand this better!!

Thanks again,

Doug
'

AlouetteIII

Post by AlouetteIII »

While waiting for Alex to write the code for OCTAs the Multiwiicopter.com Team decided to try to do something to help - and so with my team member FredFlintStone we submit these two versions. Calculations include the moment offsets for the different torque arms - to try to give a better mathmatical accuracy to engine commands.
OCT+ is single engine infront. OCT x is two engines infront. Our Beta.pde code is linked below for comment Alex.

#define OCTP // FredFlintStone
//#define OCTX //FredFlintStone

OCTP where number = arduino mega pin number
. 7 Front
. 3 5
. 10 left 8 right
. 6 2
. 9 rear

3, 5, 2, 6 are clockwise rotating

front
7 5
3 8
left right
10 2
6 9
rear

Alex - Code is here http://code.google.com/p/octawii/source ... _v1_7_Octa
There was some overlap but luckily we also decided to call them engines 9 and 10

Warning - It's BETA code - and should be tested with PROPS OFF at this stage
We will test it ourself once our new ParisPro prototypes are ready

Quinton

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

Hey Quinton,

Just took a peek, seems reasonable. Still using pin12 for wii power/reset.... alex's dev version has switched to pin37 which is my problem. Time to sleep here, but I think I'll try your code and see if I can get it working on pin 12.

I assembeled the paris board you sent today to test the wii componets for my mega... she's a beauty!! Hope to set it up pwm sum for a hex.

Did your mount make it down under yet?

Doug

AlouetteIII

Post by AlouetteIII »

Thanks Doug - still waiting for your GoProHeroHd mount to arrive - might not be able to use it for a while :( - my GoProHero has started to shutdown after 3mins even with a new battery - I think it's time for a GoPro RMA number...

OCTA Code - Please try it if you have Mega; and an OCTA frame. Are you going to Fly 8+ or 8x?

HEX - PPMSUM - Cross over to FrSky _ I bought one - liked it so much I bought Two more for my other Tx's - it will eat your Futaba for brekky - and cheaper - longer range as well - if you have a Futaba module - toss it and install the FrSky - 7 channels and 4.5km for $23 - Full frequency hoping and FAST - Failsafe is bullet proof as well. Now in 1.7 it is also very solid thanks to MIS and ALexinParis finding the bug I reported and fixing it. So all my MultiWiicopters are now also on FrSky as well.

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

AlouetteIII wrote:OCTA Code - Please try it if you have Mega; and an OCTA frame. Are you going to Fly 8+ or 8x?

HEX - PPMSUM - Cross over to FrSky _ I bought one - liked it so much I bought Two more for my other Tx's - it will eat your Futaba for brekky - and cheaper - longer range as well - if you have a Futaba module - toss it and install the FrSky - 7 channels and 4.5km for $23 - Full frequency hoping and FAST - Failsafe is bullet proof as well. Now in 1.7 it is also very solid thanks to MIS and ALexinParis finding the bug I reported and fixing it. So all my MultiWiicopters are now also on FrSky as well.

My Seeeduino Mega has me pissed off ATM think I'll order a shield from jussi, my protoboard was getting too messy! I was going to do an oct in a hex6x layout with coaxial motors on the left & right... basicly a quadX with a pair of coaxials on the left and right. I just got a hex tested tonight with your black board and a sig sum fm rx, hope to test fly tomorow nite. I have just discovered that the sketch won't compile on a promini/pwm sum/hex/gimbal setup. The gimbal pins are unique, so it's either a lack of support hardware or a bug. Do you know the situation?

I looked a bit at the Frsky stuff after you mentioned it, but I have no idea where to start(there is SO much to learn with all the code & electronics involved in this project). I've got a bunch of nice old PCM rx's but I tried for quite a while to find a sum signal that works w/o success. I was under the impression that 2.4 doesn't have the range, guess Frsky has changed that. Are you using the 2way comunication? Anyway if you have a chance, point me to the $23 solution.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Centurian wrote:Hey Alex,

Yes, I'm using the dev version with octo support you posted above. I am not a hardware guy, I am really struggling trying to find seeeduino documentation that's understandable to me. The Pin 37 I'm using is next to the I2C bus on the photo I posted above (circled in yellow). It it the only pin marked 37 and at http://garden.seeedstudio.com/index.php?title=Seeeduino_Mega it's bank is labeled as "30-37 GPIO:PC0-PC7 General Purpose Input Output Pins". This seems consistant with what I see with Jussi's shield at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3901754 Was hoping to get my hands on a scope today, but looks like tomorrow.

Is it possible that the USB powersupply will not power this pin? I have no other power to the board yet.

I really apprecaite your help on this, I can't seem to get anyone else to offer up any advice.

Is there anyway to know for sure I've found the correct pin? Some way to force a reset?

On another note, is the current IMU documented somewhere?? With the sensors isolated, the gui update for the accels was very slow when moved indepenantly from the gyro which teils me the sensors are now integrated... this is great, but I'd like to understand this better!!

Thanks again,

Doug
'

Hi doug,
I don't know what happen exactly with the PIN 37, but in the last dev version:
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... ev_version
the power PIN is both D12 and D37, so I suggest you to try the D12 if the D37 does not work.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

AlouetteIII wrote:While waiting for Alex to write the code for OCTAs the Multiwiicopter.com Team decided to try to do something to help - and so with my team member FredFlintStone we submit these two versions. Calculations include the moment offsets for the different torque arms - to try to give a better mathmatical accuracy to engine commands.
OCT+ is single engine infront. OCT x is two engines infront. Our Beta.pde code is linked below for comment Alex.

#define OCTP // FredFlintStone
//#define OCTX //FredFlintStone

. 7 Front
. 3 5
. 10 left 8 right
. 6 2
. 9 rear

front
7 5
3 8
left right
10 2
6 9
rear

Alex - Code is here http://code.google.com/p/octawii/source ... _v1_7_Octa
There was some overlap but luckily we also decided to call them engines 9 and 10

We will test it ourself once our new ParisPro prototypes are ready

Quinton

Hi Quinton,

I gave a close look to the code, and I think it won't work because the motor part is wrong.
But I will keep this motor conf (motor position vs PIN mapping) if you would like to implement it in the future.

AlouetteIII

Post by AlouetteIII »

AlexinParis - Thanks - Missing code section repaired under r7
Yes we would like to stick with these numbers if possible

We also want to write the code for 12 engines X6 - so starting working on that as well.
Can you please check the r7 below to see if you are happy with Octa versions.

http://code.google.com/p/octawii/source ... _v1_7_Octa

AlouetteIII

Post by AlouetteIII »

@AlexinParis - 3 weeks - did you have a moment to check the revised OCTA code? Appreciate it you can review our update please.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

AlouetteIII wrote:AlexinParis - Thanks - Missing code section repaired under r7
Yes we would like to stick with these numbers if possible

We also want to write the code for 12 engines X6 - so starting working on that as well.
Can you please check the r7 below to see if you are happy with Octa versions.

http://code.google.com/p/octawii/source ... _v1_7_Octa

Hi,

This code looks good, I think it should work for a flat 8 motor config + or X.
By the way, I will add these 2 configs in the dev version with the same PIN motor assignment.

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

I am really excited to read that :-)
I guess there will be also a new Board then soon on the Market from my favorite shop?

:-))))

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

done ;)
the last dev includes 3 octo configs:
- X8 (coaxial quadX)
- octo flat X
- octo flat +

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

Hello,

i guess is a stupid question, but i could not find a answear to that, i found the new GUI and the new Software to write on the Mega, but there is instead of 1 FIle now many, can somebody explain me how to get this files together in one file so that i am be able to write it on my copter... As i noticed that i cant use the new gui with the 1.7 software

Thanks in advance!

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Just open in Arduino and it will compile it as one.
It's for easier overwiew and it's easier to implement new things this way.
Each mainfunction can have a own file.

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

Hi PatrikE, maybe i am a dump, but how to open this in arduino it opens all files in diffrent tabs...

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Just upload as usually with one file.
Arduino Will compile them and upload to the board.
Its just a method to easlier debug and overview the code for the developers.

Looks different for you But not for the Arduinoboard.

Use the config tab to make the setup for your Mwii ...

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

i think i am a dump... there is coming endless mistakes while i try to compile this...

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

this comes up...

sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void readEEPROM()':
EEPROM:5: error: 'param' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:5: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:6: error: 'activate' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:6: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:7: error: 'accZero' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:7: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:8: error: 'magZero' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:8: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:10: error: 'rcFactor1' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:10: error: 'rcRate8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:10: error: 'rcExpo8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:11: error: 'rcFactor2' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void writeParams()':
EEPROM:16: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:17: error: 'param' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:18: error: 'activate' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:19: error: 'accZero' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:20: error: 'magZero' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void checkFirstTime()':
EEPROM:26: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:27: error: 'P8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:27: error: 'ROLL' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:27: error: 'I8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:27: error: 'D8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:28: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:29: error: 'YAW' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:30: error: 'PIDALT' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:31: error: 'PIDLEVEL' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:32: error: 'PIDMAG' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:33: error: 'rcRate8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:34: error: 'rcExpo8' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:35: error: 'rollPitchRate' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:36: error: 'yawRate' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:37: error: 'dynThrPID' was not declared in this scope
EEPROM:38: error: 'activate' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'uint8_t updateIMU()':
IMU:1: error: 'GYRO' was not declared in this scope
IMU:6: error: 'ACC' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void computeIMU()':
IMU:22: error: 'nunchuk' was not declared in this scope
IMU:24: error: 'INTERLEAVING_DELAY' was not declared in this scope
IMU:28: error: 'INTERLEAVING_DELAY' was not declared in this scope
IMU:34: error: 'gyroData' was not declared in this scope
IMU:34: error: 'gyroADC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:38: error: 'ACC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:44: error: 'gyroADC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:50: error: 'gyroADC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:52: error: 'gyroData' was not declared in this scope
IMU:54: error: 'ACC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:54: error: 'accADC' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void getEstimatedAttitude()':
IMU:173: error: 'accSmooth' was not declared in this scope
IMU:173: error: 'accADC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:174: error: 'acc_1G' was not declared in this scope
IMU:190: error: 'gyroADC' was not declared in this scope
IMU:190: error: 'ROLL' was not declared in this scope
IMU:198: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
IMU:206: error: 'YAW' was not declared in this scope
IMU:218: error: 'accSmooth' was not declared in this scope
IMU:221: error: 'angle' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void LCDprint(uint8_t)':
LCD:11: error: 'LCDPIN_OFF' was not declared in this scope
LCD:12: error: expected `;' before 'delayMicroseconds'
LCD:14: error: 'LCDPIN_ON' was not declared in this scope
LCD:14: error: expected `;' before 'else'
LCD:17: error: 'LCDPIN_ON' was not declared in this scope
LCD:18: error: expected `;' before 'delayMicroseconds'
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void initLCD()':
LCD:42: error: 'PINMODE_LCD' was not declared in this scope
LCD:44: error: expected `;' before '}' token
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void configurationLoop()':
LCD:60: error: 'param' was not declared in this scope
LCD:78: error: 'ROLL' was not declared in this scope
LCD:78: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:80: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:80: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
LCD:80: error: 'MINCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:84: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:84: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
LCD:84: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:88: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:88: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
LCD:88: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:88: error: 'MINCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:90: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:90: error: 'MINCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:90: error: 'param' was not declared in this scope
LCD:95: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:95: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:97: error: 'param' was not declared in this scope
LCD:100: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:100: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:100: error: 'MINCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:101: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:101: error: 'YAW' was not declared in this scope
LCD:101: error: 'MINCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:101: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
LCD:101: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:102: error: 'rcData' was not declared in this scope
LCD:102: error: 'YAW' was not declared in this scope
LCD:102: error: 'MAXCHECK' was not declared in this scope
LCD:102: error: 'PITCH' was not declared in this scope
LCD:113: error: 'SERIAL_COM_SPEED' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void __vector_14()':
Output:109: error: 'PORTE' was not declared in this scope
Output:118: error: 'PORTE' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void configureReceiver()':
RX:25: error: 'DDRK' was not declared in this scope
RX:26: error: 'PORTK' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may31a.cpp: In function 'void __vector_5()':
RX:51: error: 'PINK' was not declared in this scope

Centurian

Post by Centurian »

nicepix4u wrote:i think i am a dump... there is coming endless mistakes while i try to compile this...

There should be nine files in the code folder when you unzip. In arduino, all 9 should open when you open any of them. Should have 9 tabs when you try to compile. Looks to me you're missing one or more files.

This is dev 5 29 as provided and compiles fine.
dev compile.JPG

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

he he yes i did it now like you told me and opend one of them now it works :-)

Thaks a lot!!!

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

now after i finally got the dev. version on the copter, the next problem comes up... :-( when i put the quad x dev. version on the copter and start then the configuration gui ( also dev version) i get no connection to the copter, when i put back 1.7 on the copter and use the 1.7 gui it works fine.

For some strange reason i can also put the quad software in dev. version on the copter and use then dev. gui tool.

that's a bit to much for me, i have no clue what the problem could be, but i guess there is a super-brain out there what will have a solution :-)

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

any ideas why the dev version don't like to work?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Try to enable internal i2c pullups.

quadslo

Post by quadslo »

I would like to see some build log of someones octo :)

nicepix4u

Post by nicepix4u »

this did help :-)

Berkely

Post by Berkely »

Alex, Quinton,

I'm updating the diagrams for rev. 1.8

Going through the motor setup for a flat X setup I find some differences. The motor layout from Quinton is as below

Code: Select all

front
      7         5
         3   8
left              right
         10  2
      6         9
        rear

while the motor layout in the code v1.8 is slightly different

Code: Select all

front
      7         5
         3   8
left              right
         10  6
      2         9
        rear

AlouetteIII wrote:OCTO FLAT X
front
7 5
3 8
left right
10 2
6 9
rear

Quinton

Alexinparis wrote:done ;)
the last dev includes 3 octo configs:
- X8 (coaxial quadX)
- octo flat X
- octo flat +

#ifdef OCTOFLATX
    motor[0] = PIDMIX(+1  ,-1/2,+1); //MIDFRONT_L
    motor[1] = PIDMIX(-1/2,-1  ,+1); //FRONT_R
    motor[2] = PIDMIX(-1  ,+1/2,+1); //MIDREAR_R
    motor[3] = PIDMIX(+1/2,+1  ,+1); //REAR_L
    motor[4] = PIDMIX(+1/2,-1  ,-1); //FRONT_L
    motor[5] = PIDMIX(-1  ,-1/2,-1); //MIDFRONT_R
    motor[6] = PIDMIX(-1/2,+1  ,-1); //REAR_R
    motor[7] = PIDMIX(+1  ,+1/2,-1); //MIDREAR_L

Do I miss something or is one outdated?

Thanks in advance.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi Berkely,

Yes you're right, there is something wrong here.
Some setups were successfully build with the info communicated here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st18766772
So I will stick with this assignment.

1) there was an error in the PIDMIX implementation for the OCTOFLATP
motor[7] = PIDMIX(+1 ,+0 ,-1); //LEFT

2) the OCTOFLATX is not like you think it is: all motors are equidistant from the center, and the 2 front motors are like the X config.

I will upload some new schemes to be more accurate.

edit: schemes updated here: http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements

igor_sk

Post by igor_sk »

Hi guys,
I have built an octocopter, but on the multiwiiconf 2.2, 2.1 (I didn't tested on later versions) I don't see the octocopter like I was seeing the quad or tricopter on the right on the multiwii Configurator, it shows only one dot with an arrow like its not connected, but it is. The bars that show how much throttle is on each motor doesn't appear too. The sensor readings are good, but I don't see those things. IS this not implemented or am I not doing something good??? I was suspecting about implementation because I was looking on the net for some time and didn't find someone post about this problem I have, or anything connected with octocopters and multiwiiconf print screen just to see if some has this features. I'm not dealing with multirotors for the first time so please do not answer this question with some funny questions like did i define octo etc... :)
I don't know if I should continue to test my octo because of this flaws.