How to enable Stick Commands?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
xoxota

How to enable Stick Commands?

Post by xoxota »

I'm trying to be able to calibrate the ACC and Gyro using the stick commands here. So far all I can do is arm/disarm the motors. None of the other stick commands appear to do anything at all. Has anyone else had this problem? The quad flies fine, but I'd rather not have to plug it into the laptop every time I want to calibrate.

PatrikE

Re: How to enable Stick Commands?

Post by PatrikE »

our radio must reach this values to trig the stick commands.

in MultiWii.ino

Code: Select all

// rc functions
// ******************
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900
Increase the rates in radio or change the Check values.

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

editing my post as it had incorrect info.

the proper way to use stick command is to place both sticks in center, then move to the target direction at the same time.
this will avoid any ambiguous combination that will cause the wrong action to be triggered.
with the addition of the eeprom profile feature, this problem is more likely to happen. actually it happened to me, when I thought I triggered the calibrate acc action, but instead it triggered the write eeprom action.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

PatrikE wrote:our radio must reach this values to trig the stick commands.

in MultiWii.ino

Code: Select all

// rc functions
// ******************
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900
Increase the rates in radio or change the Check values.

Right, but wouldn't this also affect my ability to arm/disarm the motors, and indeed to actually fly the quadrotor? Everything else works fine, just no stick config commands (like ACC calibration, etc).

doughboy wrote:the proper way to use stick command is to place both sticks in center, then move to the target direction at the same time.

Hmm.. I'll give this a try when I get home.

Thanks for the help!

Mis

Post by Mis »

If your THROTTLE chanel can't go bellow MINCHECK you can't arm the motors. Arming is possible only if throttle is bellow MINCHECK.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

In case anyone finds this years from now, with the same problem, it turned out to be what it ALWAYS turns out to be: Throttle and Yaw ranges were sufficient to arm motors, but pitch/roll ranges were not sufficient to use stick commands. This was because I had set up dual rates, where the throttle and yaw were both at 100% in low and high rate, but I had to switch to high rate in order for pitch/roll inputs to be in the correct range.

Thanks for the help, everyone!