GUI - no sensor output shown

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
fietserse

GUI - no sensor output shown

Post by fietserse »

Hi there,

I'm new here, just started building a first triwiicopter and I can't wait to try it.

So far, I've connected the arduino (pro mini) with the WMP and NK. I uploaded a sketch (v2.1, with the right options checked in the config.h) and opened the GUI (v2.1, 32 bit) I hoped to see the sensor outputs, just for confirmation that my soldering is okay, but only got one straight line. Also, the picture on the right showed one ball with an arrow (like a monocopter), instead of a tricopter.

Is this because I didn't connect the receiver, ESC's, etc yet? Or did I make a mistake with soldering or maybe in the config.h?

bill516

Re: GUI - no sensor output shown

Post by bill516 »

Chances are that you have i2c errors, it wont work until you have got rid of those, they can be caused by multitude of things but usually bad/wrong connections, its easy to get the sda scl lines crossed. I would remove the nunchuck and just test it with the WMP, that way you eliminate a set of joints and a component. Can you put a screen shot up so we can see what we are looking at.

fietserse

Re: GUI - no sensor output shown

Post by fietserse »

Okay, so I disconnected the NK. (and disabled it in the config.h file before uploading to the arduino again)

The GUI did show different results; the same straight sensor output lines but now also a (changing number) I2C error, and a correct but static picture of a tricopter at the right.

Error_GUI.jpg

As far as I can see, I connected the wires in the right way. I had to extend the wires coming out of the connector at the bottom of the WMP, as you can see.

Front.JPG
Back.jpg

Or did I do anything else wrong? I'm no hero in debugging software, so I hope that won't be the problem?